When do I get my Platinum Lapel Pin?

On Liberty last month, our's were in the envelope with our invite to the C&A lunch they had on a sea day (which we forgot to go to!). I put mine on the little purse I carry around the ship with my camera and sea pass in.

Right next to my X pins!

• 7 months later...
We turned Platinum going on two years ago and we never got our pin either. Will be on NAvigator in 45 days, perhaps I will ask while on board.

Mike

I got mine (one for the two of us) in our cabin on our next cruise.

OMG I think I will have to stop cruising with any line that promises a pin and does not deliver. About the only thing that I can think of that is worse is if they only give one pin for two people. What are we supposed to do? Let only one person out of the cabin at a time? What about at the dinner table? Everyone in the MDR will be looking at us like we had two heads or just one pin.

OMG I think I will have to stop cruising with any line that promises a pin and does not deliver. About the only thing that I can think of that is worse is if they only give one pin for two people. What are we supposed to do? Let only one person out of the cabin at a time? What about at the dinner table? Everyone in the MDR will be looking at us like we had two heads or just one pin.

So you're making fun of me because I would like a platinum pin? Not nice. :(

So you're making fun of me because I would like a platinum pin? Not nice. :(

Dickie: All you have to do is ask for your pin at the LA desk when you sail on your next cruise a month from now.

Just show your sea pass card with the designation and tell them you did not receive your pin.

Dickie: All you have to do is ask for your pin at the LA desk when you sail on your next cruise a month from now.

Just show your sea pass card with the designation and tell them you did not receive your pin.

You must understand when I started this quest for a pin, I did not have that cruise booked. :D Now I'm on a mission to get my pin! If someone tells me it's in the mail. It should be in the mail, no? I intend on asking for the pin on my cruise if I haven't received it by then. I better as I'm turning diamond after my Adventure cruise in the fall of 2012. No I'm not emerald, nor will I be as I'm jumping over emerald to diamond from platium. 30 points for a 15 night cruise in a JS!!! Gotta love it! :D

You must understand when I started this quest for a pin, I did not have that cruise booked. :D Now I'm on a mission to get my pin! If someone tells me it's in the mail. It should be in the mail, no? I intend on asking for the pin on my cruise if I haven't received it by then. I better as I'm turning diamond after my Adventure cruise in the fall of 2012. No I'm not emerald, nor will I be as I'm jumping over emerald to diamond from platium. 30 points for a 15 night cruise in a JS!!! Gotta love it! :D

Awww..."it's in the mail"....is going to be even worse now with the post office cut backs! :eek:

Yup, I never saw any Emerald pins either, as I also jumped over Emerald on our Panama cruise. ;)

I did have to ask for the Diamond pins with the LA on our next cruise though, as they were not in the cabin when we embarked...though the Platinum ones were there on the desk on our first Platinum cruise.

Niedermeier -- dead!!!

Killed by his own troops in Vietnam! :) (One of the best movies ever).

Seriously, though, I was actually wondering about what exactly this pin gets you. I assume that I will receive my Platinum pin on my cruise in January.

Ok, great. What does this get me if I wear it? Will I get free drinks? Will I get to skip to the head of the tender line at CocoCay? Or will it simply get me funny stares from people, going "why is bluegirlum wearing a silly pin with her jeans and tank top in the MDR? " ;)

I mean, I could just wear my sorority pin and see what that gets me. :D

I'm geniunely curious. I appreciate C&A benefits and will use some of the coupons, but I don't know if this pin is just anything more than a pin.

Killed by his own troops in Vietnam! :) (One of the best movies ever).

Seriously, though, I was actually wondering about what exactly this pin gets you. I assume that I will receive my Platinum pin on my cruise in January.

Ok, great. What does this get me if I wear it? Will I get free drinks? Will I get to skip to the head of the tender line at CocoCay? Or will it simply get me funny stares from people, going "why is bluegirlum wearing a silly pin with her jeans and tank top in the MDR? " ;)

I mean, I could just wear my sorority pin and see what that gets me. :D

I'm geniunely curious. I appreciate C&A benefits and will use some of the coupons, but I don't know if this pin is just anything more than a pin.

I will never where it...unless it's real purdy. :D I don't think it gets you anything. I collect pins. That's all. :D

"Laughing":D:D

Thanks OB. But now I'm totally intrigued and if I don't get my pin in January, the LA is going to get a visit! I may do something like "Flat Stanley" and take pictures of my new pin in random places and with random people. This could be fun! :D

GASPS It's beautiful! I think that may be a diamond pin!

Yes...that is a Diamond pin...been there...done that. ;)

Funny thing is that the Platinum pins are available for sale on EBay, (as are the rest I think) as told to us when we

were so proud to wear the Platinum Pin to the Platinum and above "welcome back" party.

RCI member at the door told me that. Kinda deflated my ballon for sure! :(

Yes...that is a Diamond pin...been there...done that. ;)

Funny thing is that the Platinum pins are available for sale on EBay, (as are the rest I think) as told to us when we

were so proud to wear the Platinum Pin to the Platinum and above "welcome back" party.

RCI member at the door told me that. Kinda deflated my ballon for sure! :(

OP, maybe you can answer this since you're a pin collector, but why would someone buy one of these pins on eBay?

Archived