When do I get my Platinum Lapel Pin?

Just wanted to let you know that I did not receive my platinum pin in my cabin on my recent cruise, so on the third night I went to the C&A desk to ask for one. The loyalty ambassador said that they ran out and I would have to have it sent to my house in about 3 weeks!

After reading this thread a few weeks ago (maybe 3), I emailed Royal Caribbean about not receiving ours (mother, father, sister and I) for reaching Platinum or Emerald status. I figured "If we get them we get them and if we don't we don't". Well today, we recieved 4 Platinum pins and 4 Emerald pins. I know some people think the pins are tacky or just not worth it, but I'm someone who appreciates even the smallest bit of recognition. I plan on wearing my pins on my next cruise. I just need to find some matching jewelry for formal night!:D:D

Just wanted to let you know that I did not receive my platinum pin in my cabin on my recent cruise, so on the third night I went to the C&A desk to ask for one. The loyalty ambassador said that they ran out and I would have to have it sent to my house in about 3 weeks!

Interesting. We did receive our Platinum pins on the 3rd night of the cruise last month...our first cruise as platinum! It is probably the last pin we will receive since I don't expect to reach diamond level-do they have a pin for emerald?

The latest update, I received another email from C&A on January 2, 2012.

Dear Richard:

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. We sincerely apologize that you have not received your Platinum Lapel Pins since moving up to the Platinum membership. We have placed a new order for your pins to be delivered to your home. Please note that this may take six to eight weeks to receive the pins. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Richard, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Kristen Loffland

Crown & Anchor Society

The latest update, I received another email from C&A on January 2, 2012.

Dear Richard:

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. We sincerely apologize that you have not received your Platinum Lapel Pins since moving up to the Platinum membership. We have placed a new order for your pins to be delivered to your home. Please note that this may take six to eight weeks to receive the pins. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Richard, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Kristen Loffland

Crown & Anchor Society

At least you got a reply.

I've been sending emails to C&A since the last week of Dec 2012 with regard to my cruise points. I have yet to get a reply!!

We got our pins on the first cruise that we took as platinum members. They were left in the cabin one night next to the cruise compass. Trust me.... not a big deal.

Received ours on our recent cruise which was the first after turning platinum. Indeed, not a big deal. As we would never wear them, we left them in the room.

Thanks everyone for letting me know I shouldn't want this pin. :mad: NOT!

This is like the third time (and over a year) that I have been told that the Pin is on it's way so I doubt it will show up. :rolleyes:

I am on Navigator of the Seas in exactly 1 week! So I will probably pick it up then! :D

Cheers! Party Poopers! :D

Thanks everyone for letting me know I shouldn't want this pin. :mad: NOT!

This is like the third time (and over a year) that I have been told that the Pin is on it's way so I doubt it will show up. :rolleyes:

I am on Navigator of the Seas in exactly 1 week! So I will probably pick it up then! :D

Cheers! Party Poopers! :D

No one said you shouldn't want it. I'm sure you can get one on Navigator. Wear it with pride.

I will give you all of mine Platinum,Emerald and Diamond. Dont wear them and never will. Leave your e mail and I will contact you and mail them.

No kidding, so please no flames.

Thanks you are very kind to offer me this. :D

However, The point is to get the pins that I have earned not someone elses.

Thanks again! :D

Pin or no pin, it is on your sea pass card.

Thanks for your input! :D However, you may not have noticed that I've cruised enough to know this information already and it really has nothing to do with the fact I haven't received the my pin which is what the OP was about. Along with my adventure with C&A trying to get said pin. :)

BTW I do keep all my seapass cards too! Wonderful memories they bring! :D

We achieved platinum status upon the end of our last cruise. We received our lapel pins on the last day of our cruise. They were left in our cabin with a kindly worded letter.

This is what should have happened when I achieved Platinum on Oasis of the Seas. They knew I turned Platinum too as they informed me that I would be Celebrity Select on my Solstice Cruise the following week. Darn I wished I had thought about it then :D

Richard-I agree-you should get your pin! We turned Platinum our last cruise so it will be interesting to see if we receive them on our upcoming cruise.

I like your idea to put the pin on your beach tote. I scrapbook so I save seapasses (is that the plural of seapass?:confused:), etc. and would eventually put the pin in a scrapbook.

• 3 weeks later...

I got home from my Navigator of the Seas Cruise last night and my Platinum Pin was waiting for me in my mailbox! This ends my adventure!

P.S. They gave me a pin on the Ship too (after I asked about it) so I actually have 2! :D

The pin is proudly displayed on my Royal Caribbean beach bag!

I agree it is the principle of the matter not if you should, could or even want to wear it. Had a similar issue with a crystal block. Don't display the ones we have and had no intentions of displaying the the one we should have gotten on the ship. Took about 8 months of it is on the way. Finally showed up and I put it in the desk draw next to the others:). If it is offered at least be sure to provide it.

This thread cracks me up. What ever happened to "Don't sweat the small stuff"? We are Emerald and have no pins or otherwise to indicate this. Who cares? We don't, although I realize others do, seeing the length of this thread. :p:D:eek:

I'm glad it amused you! :D I got my pin and I'm happy! I do care! I agree about not sweating the small stuff totally.... making lemons into lemonade and all that jazz. I wonder why you consider my pin to be "small". I am a pin collector, it's fun and it brings me joy! I look forward to getting my emerald and diamond pins this year!

Cheers!

I'm happy for you Dickie...I'm just stunned it's taken a whole year...what a fabulous program they run:rolleyes:

I've gone from Platinum to Emerald and in 20 days I turn the clock to Diamond...never got a pin, a letter, nothing but a discount on a balcony cabin, (which is the most important part to me;)) and some really weird looking dried fruit in a cardboard box. All the LAs on the ships I've been on have been pretty darn awful...sometimes we barely get the invite to the party in our cabin (although we also never go!)

I think the best part of this whole thread is that C & A can manage to send pins to people who would never use them and can't seem to send them to the folks who really want one even if those folks dog them for a solid year about it.

You can't make this stuff up! Happy sailing Dickie...and I think your pin collection sounds cool!:cool:

I'm happy for you Dickie...I'm just stunned it's taken a whole year...what a fabulous program they run:rolleyes:

I've gone from Platinum to Emerald and in 20 days I turn the clock to Diamond...never got a pin, a letter, nothing but a discount on a balcony cabin, (which isthe most important part to me;)) and some really weird looking dried fruit in a cardboard box. All the LAs on the ships I've been on have been pretty darn awful...sometimes we barely get the invite to the party in our cabin (although we also never go!)

I think the best part of this whole thread is that C & A can manage to send pins to people who would never use them and can't seem to send them to the folks who really want one even if those folks dog them for a solid year about it.

You can't make this stuff up! Happy sailing Dickie...and I think your pin collection sounds cool!:cool:

Thanks! :D

I notice you're on Jewel of the Seas in 19 Sleeps! She is a Gem! Lucky you!

Cheers!

Archived