Welcome aboard gift?

Although we are only Emeral now/previously Platinum we did get a hat (baseball cap) about 2-1/2 years ago.

Wore it to Cozumel as it was sunny. In the terminal there was a man with 3 parrots and he would take 3 pictures with your camera for 10 bucks with the parrots.

One parrot picked the dome off my hat. Yes, when we had the pictures developed, it was film, now we use digital, there was the bird in the process of biting off the dome.

My husband would eat the nuts in a second (included in basket as per photo)

Forgive this but we have different 'food' over here so I don't really recognise what is in the basked (or the brand names):o

So the white things to the left - what are they - guessing they are the 'sweet'?.

Then there is a lump of Gouda cheese and some biscuits (crackers).

What are the orangey and cream coloured lumpy things at the top?

And a bag of mixed nuts?

Once again forgive this question if it seems obvious to you guys!;)

The little round things are small cookies (biscuits to you), small piece of cheese, crackers, the orange things are dried fruit bits and there are nuts on the right. They are small but an appreciated little snack. You can pack them in a purse and take them home with you on a flight which would come in handy. Only one bottle of whatever you order will come with the basket (this may be because the ship hasn't read the find print of one bottle per guest which would be more logical). This cruise, only water was available since it was the first cruise with no time to customize the orders. The items another poster mentioned are NOT part of the welcome basket but would be other diamond+ amenities or suite amenities.

Gina

The little round things are small cookies (biscuits to you), small piece of cheese, crackers, the orange things are dried fruit bits and there are nuts on the right. They are small but an appreciated little snack. You can pack them in a purse and take them home with you on a flight which would come in handy. Only one bottle of whatever you order will come with the basket (this may be because the ship hasn't read the find print of one bottle per guest which would be more logical). This cruise, only water was available since it was the first cruise with no time to customize the orders. The items another poster mentioned are NOT part of the welcome basket but would be other diamond+ amenities or suite amenities.

Gina

Welcome home Gina. It is supposed to be one beverage per person as other's have reported.

BTW..........Did you happen to find out if Tony was going to be on board in September when the ship goes to Australia.

Gina

I was curious about that with the basket. Since my wife and I are both Diamond. I put Diet sprite as my choice, my wife put down something else as her choice. When the basket comes, what is in it? One of each? Two of one of our choices?

I believe only D+ gets alcohol as a choice.

I only had the water/juice options available, which im very grateful for! Its the thought that counts! :)

(I don't mean to upset you, Jonah, but D & D+ can get alcohol as a choice ;))

I am Diamond and we do not get a choice of alcohol with our basket. That's only Diamond Plus and Pinnacle. I just made my selection of drink for my upcoming cruise and there was no alcohol on the drink list.

I'd much rather have this nice basket than another hat.

I humbly apologize for raising the hopes of D members.

Enjoy your juice!

;) :p

I was curious about that with the basket. Since my wife and I are both Diamond. I put Diet sprite as my choice, my wife put down something else as her choice. When the basket comes, what is in it? One of each? Two of one of our choices?

Actually, my basket didn't come. I had to ask about it. Then it came with nothing to drink. I told them we'd like diet coke. I was later told only water was available this cruise. I didn't get the water so I asked again. They later sent 2 bottles and said it was supposed to be one bottle but they sent two because of their mistake in getting the whole thing delivered. :rolleyes: This is why I think they don't yet understand there are to be two drinks on RD. The stateroom attendant told me that others had the basket in their room before boarding. Room service is supposed to deliver it and apparently messed up on mine. Anyway, the drink will not be in the basket which is a small cardboard box wrapped in cellophane with an RCI logo ribbon tied around it. The drinks should be set to the side.

Gina

Welcome home Gina. It is supposed to be one beverage per person as other's have reported.

BTW..........Did you happen to find out if Tony was going to be on board in September when the ship goes to Australia.

Darn, :o I had plenty of chances to ask about Tony's plans and I forgot. But figuring from when he got on board this time and the time he usually takes off, I suspect he will be on board for the crossing. Clunis has every intention of being there for the crossing to Australia.

Gina

Darn, :o I had plenty of chances to ask about Tony's plans and I forgot. But figuring from when he got on board this time and the time he usually takes off, I suspect he will be on board for the crossing. Clunis has every intention of being there for the crossing to Australia.

Gina

Thanks Gina. Maybe I'll just email Tony.

We are on the Serenade now, and of coarse were in transit Friday when everything hit the fan. But this basket was in our cabin, and contains Gouda cheese and crackers, a package of deluxe mixed nuts, dried fruit bits and a package of shortbread As it was there on the 22nd, we did not get to choose the beverage so Evian was selected. We did select from the "alcoholic" beverage selection for the 29th sailing though.

And according to the LA onboard now, she doesn't have a clue what the "Bonus Gift for Members over 350 points" is - so I guess they will surprise us!

Melanie - Your are cruising again! Good for yoiu guys.

Thanks for the explanation about the goodie baskets! It is a lovely generous gesture from Royal Carribean.

Carol - Thanks for the photo of the baskets!

We need to get together with the 2009 Hornblowers on another longer cruise. Paul and I are already booked on the Fall Jewel repo since the Mariner redeployment cancelled the Mariner Reunion cruise for us in February. I was sad to have to change it over to something else, but there wasn't a lot of choice for us. We turned Daimond Plus on the Allure Inaugeral - what a trip. Royal Carribean sure puts the wow in cruising.

Nancy and Paul

Friend of mine is cruising now(solo).........he is Pinnacle.......he got ONE can of diet coke......:eek: and it was warm........of course,all he had to do is switch it out for a cold can in the frig..........

BUt one can for a pinnacle guest?? I would think they could at least spring for 2 for people with over 700 days!!

Friend of mine is cruising now(solo).........he is Pinnacle.......he got ONE can of diet coke......:eek: and it was warm........of course,all he had to do is switch it out for a cold can in the frig..........

BUt one can for a pinnacle guest?? I would think they could at least spring for 2 for people with over 700 days!!

Mmm...let me guess....LT?? ;)

Good idea about switching out for the cold one!

Now now - it's a welcome gift! Don't forget it comes with the rest of the gift basket containing crackers and gouda cheese, dried fruits and nuts.

I am sure it's meant to revive us from the starvation diet imposed on passengers on airline trips down to a port to catch the ship!!! Those of us who travel all through the night and on into the daylight will be glad of ANYTHING given as a welcome aboard. If you are from Florida - well you snacked at home before you came aboard!

Mmm...let me guess....LT?? ;)

Good idea about switching out for the cold one!

You are wise one:)

Now now - it's a welcome gift! Don't forget it comes with the rest of the gift basket containing crackers and gouda cheese' date=' dried fruits and nuts.

[/quote']Im not complaining........Im just saying,you would think being Pinnacle could mean maybe 2 cans of soda,instead of one.:p

I hear what you're saying about your friend being Pinnacle, but since he was cruising solo and was the only one listed in the cabin..........housekeeping just delivered one can. I don't think they pay any attention to who is what within C&A.

I hear what you're saying about your friend being Pinnacle, but since he was cruising solo and was the only one listed in the cabin..........housekeeping just delivered one can. I don't think they pay any attention to who is what within C&A.

Oh I know its just one can./bottle per person................my point was Pinnacle should get a bit more........they really dont get much more than DP does..............and this is MY opinion,not his.........

Oh I know its just one can./bottle per person................my point was Pinnacle should get a bit more........they really dont get much more than DP does..............and this is MY opinion,not his.........

Oh no, I wasn't questioning your friend. It does seem odd though that they created this "new" club and those that become members basically get the same things that D+ get except they get a personalized pin to wear.

Oh no, I wasn't questioning your friend. It does seem odd though that they created this "new" club and those that become members basically get the same things that D+ get except they get a personalized pin to wear.

And their seapass will say "pinnacle" so everyone can say "ohhh ahhhh". Maybe they will eventually be invited to sit in the suite area by the pool. ;)

It gives the LA a chance to recognize them on board at the C&A events so others will want to get to that level, too - publicity for RCI! :rolleyes:

And actually...they DO get something no one else gets.....free cruises still just as they did under the earlier program, only they didn't have a special C&A designation. The first two times in balconies and from then on a free cruise each time they hit the magic number in a JS. That is sure something special. And they are also getting most of the C&A upgrades.

Gina

WARNING:Do not get too attached to the items in the particular welcome basket photo earlier in this thread. Yours may vary!

DH and I are Diamond and just got off Oasis. Our welcome basket held a small bag of trail mix, a bag with a few small chocolate chip cookies, and a little bag of dried fruit. It was delivered with two bottles of water (no opportunity to select beverage as new program was announced too soon before cruise). DH enjoyed the treats well enough. the gesture was appreciated, but our basket contained less than others have reported. I suspect D+ got a nicer basket than D. Perfectly reasonable if so. I just don't want other D's (or E's) to be surprised and disappointed in their baskets.

Archived