Rum runners have you ever?

kking206

I'm a beer girl though....that seems impossible...good thing I saved up lots of money for this cruise! haha

I just think its an interesting subject...seems to be almost a sport!

I still smuggle beer on, gift wrap it. they dont search every bag, it is the luck of the draw or bad luck of the draw.

We order from bon voyage and will not even consider not smuggling:)

last time we got snagged and taken to the "room" yes that room

We brought actual bottles of vodka and the the ex ray got us.

we got them back on the last day

next month i will try again and still have bottles ordered for our cabin so either way its ok

We order from bon voyage and will not even consider not smuggling:)

last time we got snagged and taken to the "room" yes that room

We brought actual bottles of vodka and the the ex ray got us.

we got them back on the last day

next month i will try again and still have bottles ordered for our cabin so either way its ok

ex ray got us.

xray not your ex ray :)

oh, and I re-corked/foiled two bottles of wine last week in preparation for our April cruise.........they look soooooooo good!!!!! now full of Malibu :D

How do you re-cork and foil?? :)

Edited by nsiordia

How do you re-cork and foil?? :)

On a lot of bottles, if you just grab the entire capsule and don't tear it, you can slide it off and then back on again.

There is a two prong wine cork puller that doesn't leave a hole in the cork as well.

41KkoGgsJlL._SL160_AA160_.jpg

Got Caught last week....I got a letter in my luggage Rum runners get detroyed and you lose the booze...I Had 8 small bottles of Baileys also in sealed bottles that were returned the final night....

If you look at Woodey's cruise list, you will see he got caught on the Spirit. So did I last Sunday. And my rum runner was not packed with anything that would raise suspicion. I had it wrapped up in my black bathing suit, in the dead center of the suitcase with clothes on top. In fact, the only thing in that suitcase were clothes, not even toiletries, so apparently, San Diego has the Super Scanners. I did talk with one other who did not get caught, so there still is the luck of the draw, but San Diego is usually the most laid back port.

If you look at Woodey's cruise list, you will see he got caught on the Spirit. So did I last Sunday. And my rum runner was not packed with anything that would raise suspicion. I had it wrapped up in my black bathing suit, in the dead center of the suitcase with clothes on top. In fact, the only thing in that suitcase were clothes, not even toiletries, so apparently, San Diego has the Super Scanners. I did talk with one other who did not get caught, so there still is the luck of the draw, but San Diego is usually the most laid back port.

If you go to the Rum runner site, it says (for cruising we recommend placing the Flasks on the bottom of the checked bag). So to place it dead center was not the right thing to do :rolleyes:

It's a gamble. First cruise I packed 2 glass 1.75 liters each of liquor in my bag....stupidity paid off!:o Second cruise we did the water bottle thing. This cruise I'm going with Rum Runners. We shall see. I always order from BV just in case. If I get called to the naughty room, oh well! :rolleyes::D

Also another great idea I saw was the screw on top wine bottles. No foil to mess with. Darker bottles are best. Fill and superglue tips back together.

This may be the stupidest question but what is a Rum Runner?

We brought alcohol on our first cruise by pouring rum in our sprite bottles and it went through just fine. The only thing was it was too much of a PITA to go back and forth to the room so next time we are just purchasing off of the ship.

I also have smuggled rum or bourbon with no trouble and also found it to not be worth the trouble. Too much hassle to go to the cabin to get a drink. I have always ended up leaving a good part of an excellent bottle of rum for the cabin steward. I would be ashamed to be caught smuggling booze OFF a ship, plus do not want to fly with a bottle.

MexicoBob

If you go to the Rum runner site, it says (for cruising we recommend placing the Flasks on the bottom of the checked bag). So to place it dead center was not the right thing to do :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter where you place them now. The new x-rays scan from multiple angles. It's just a matter of how rushed they are when checking whether they see yours on the scanner or not. Like craps, some people get lucky and roll the dice 50 times but eventually the dice come up 7 and eventually they will spot your stash no matter how many times you were lucky in the past.

• 7 years later...

First four cruises the rum runners got through. The next cruise I was told to just take the wine in the original bladder, it got detected. The next cruise my rum runners were detected. I'm wondering if they put your name on a naughty list. All P&O cruises. Next time I'm going Carnival and I will try again, never know your luck haha

51 minutes ago, mymillie said:

First four cruises the rum runners got through. The next cruise I was told to just take the wine in the original bladder, it got detected. The next cruise my rum runners were detected. I'm wondering if they put your name on a naughty list. All P&O cruises. Next time I'm going Carnival and I will try again, never know your luck haha

Blast from the past, eh?

On 2/24/2011 at 1:15 PM, kking206 said:

I'm a beer girl though....that seems impossible...good thing I saved up lots of money for this cruise! haha

I just think its an interesting subject...seems to be almost a sport!

Bob NC

I think smuggling booze onboard has turned into a game by both the cruise line and the smugglers.  If Carnival and the other lines ever get serious about it (denying boarding if caught) it would probably stop.  Doubt that would happen because the cruise line would lose money (the smuggler wouldn't be on the ship to buy drinks at the bar).  Most of us break rules at times so I have a hard time bashing smugglers.  At some point the lines will invest money in "super" x-rays that would pick up runners but until that happens let the games continue.