Casting off!

For all you veteran HAL cruisers, where is your favorite spot to be on the ship while it's casting off? I don't know if we'll have time to explore enough of the ship before hand, so I'd like some advice from the regulars. 15 days to go before we board the Westerdam! Can't wait! :D

If we are port side to the dock, we love to watch from our veranda as we are almost always have a port side cabin.

Many afternoons, they run a Sailaway Party and we sometimes go to that.

Sometimes we might be out at aft pool depending upon weather.

If we are port side to the dock, we love to watch from our veranda as we are almost always have a port side cabin.

Many afternoons, they run a Sailaway Party and we sometimes go to that.

Sometimes we might be out at aft pool depending upon weather.

Us too also. We always try to get a port side cabin....Mrs. K somehow has trouble with the two-whistle side....and depending on the weather we'll be there or at the aft pool.

1. Our balcony if on the port side- quiet and romantic

2. The Promenade or Lower Promenade deck (depends on the ship) love being low enough to actually watch them cast off the lines

3. Aft pool deck...for the party atmosphere

It depends on our mood...as long as we are on the ship and in an outdoor location for sailaway we are good :)

For all you veteran HAL cruisers, where is your favorite spot to be on the ship while it's casting off? I don't know if we'll have time to explore enough of the ship before hand, so I'd like some advice from the regulars. 15 days to go before we board the Westerdam! Can't wait! :D

In a lounge, at a windowside table, relaxing with a drink.

It depends on how the ship is docked - Venice - definitely on the Lido for the sail a way and the awesome view. Most times though if we are facing the land from our verandah (we like port side too), We will go out on our verandah and watch everything float away.

My favorite spot for "Casting Off" is on my aft wrap around verandah:) Have tried other spots on the ship and to me, nothing else can compare.

Joanie

Depends on the port. Fort Lauderdale, got to be on Port and get that wonderful Bon Voyage air horn rally from the condos. Sometimes on our Verandha and at the Sea View pool if we are meeting friends or Roll Call members. No matter where, we will be toasting our sail away with a nice champagne.;)

C'mon May we need a Hal fix!:)

My favorite spot for "Casting Off" is on my aft wrap around verandah:) Have tried other spots on the ship and to me, nothing else can compare.

Joanie

MS Zuiderdam SC/5190 in November. Got to do "the dance" on that huge Verandha!:) Thanks for providing the pics.;)

Archived