Anal, Compulsive, or good Planner

:cool: 71 Days before leaving Baltimore on Enchantment for Bermuda. My daughter got married last summer, and new SIL has never been on a cruise. My wife and I decided to give our kids a cruise for a Christmas present. Got a D1 for oldest daughter and new hubby. Got a GS for myself, DW, and other DD. Been in JS, first real suite. Booking early, I got good prices.

Have ordered champagne and strawberries for DD and SIL in their cabin. For us, flowers for DW, two orders of wine and cheese and crackers, and five additional bottles thru G & G, sitting in cabin when I get there. Have booked Chops for dinner one night for all of us, and have got a 7-bottle wine package prepaid. Now the compulsive part. Have tips for all of us already in envelopes. Have gambling money set aside and ready to go, and spending money for cruise all sitting and ready. If I told my DW all of this, she would say I'm crazy. I just believe excited, and well planned. Am I nuts?????:cool:

Nope! I am the same way. We book our cruises 1 1/2 years in advance. Going on a B2B in 5 weeks with my sis and her hubby and her and I have had everything planned for months!!! Hotel in OSJ, rental car in SJ, beaches we are going to, etc.

I will start packing first by the end of March for our cruise Ap 23rd. I have a packing list that makes it very easy to pack

We know what restuarant we are eating at Good Friday in OSJ, just have to make the reservations.

So nuts??? NO Way! I love planning, makes the trip so much fun

Not at all, I generally book our cruises as soon as the dates open up then organize, our trip with a Trip folder, plan for the tours, what i will pack and just before we pack, put everything in one place such as all information for the cruise, passports, and place in our bedroom where we pack so its all in one location and I am not racing around looking for things. I do double check to make sure I haven't fogotten anything. DH packs the night before and then starts getting excited.:D Have a wonderful cruise with your family.

If you feel the need to ask other people if you're crazy, the answer will always be "yes."

Remember Clark Griswold and how he drove his family crazy with his hyper-meticulous planning on the way to Wally World? That's you.

You are my kind of guy! I book, usually about 18 months out. That way you get the exact cabin you want, you can get any price drops and you can cancel at final payment and get your deposit back. I usually plan what we are doing everyday down to the last detail about 3 months out. DH always says to be sure to put time down for bathroom breaks!!! I even make up by own little cruise book by date, will all the reservations, contact info, instructions, etc, that we are doing so I have it all in one place. I have everything worked out and I feel confident on what I am doing each day. It takes the stress out of the cruise for me, when all the planning is done ahead of time plus it increases the excitement of the cruise when you do all the research!!!! Told DH I should charge him a fortune for this service!!!

Something doesn't look quite right here. Your signature says 05/11 on Enchantment from Baltimore, two out of 3 are right. Enchantment is leaving Baltimore May 5,14,19,and 28. I hope nothing is amiss, otherwise the plan sounds good.

Roy

Something doesn't look quite right here. Your signature says 05/11 on Enchantment from Baltimore, two out of 3 are right. Enchantment is leaving Baltimore May 5,14,19,and 28. I hope nothing is amiss, otherwise the plan sounds good.

Roy

:cool:LOL 5/11= May 2011. Leaving 28th:cool:

:cool: 71 Days before leaving Baltimore on Enchantment for Bermuda. My daughter got married last summer, and new SIL has never been on a cruise. My wife and I decided to give our kids a cruise for a Christmas present. Got a D1 for oldest daughter and new hubby. Got a GS for myself, DW, and other DD. Been in JS, first real suite. Booking early, I got good prices.

Have ordered champagne and strawberries for DD and SIL in their cabin. For us, flowers for DW, two orders of wine and cheese and crackers, and five additional bottles thru G & G, sitting in cabin when I get there. Have booked Chops for dinner one night for all of us, and have got a 7-bottle wine package prepaid. Now the compulsive part. Have tips for all of us already in envelopes. Have gambling money set aside and ready to go, and spending money for cruise all sitting and ready. If I told my DW all of this, she would say I'm crazy. I just believe excited, and well planned. Am I nuts?????:cool:

You're nuts Jack!

But then again... so am I...

I booked 2012 because the lounge singer is getting married... AND we prepaid for my BIL for his cabin BEFORE mine is paid off.

Personally, at this point, I'm more excited about my 2011 cruise in two weeks...

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!! Not anal, not compulsive (unless you feel like you are, lol) I call it EXCITEMENT and it is wonderful! Your DD and SIL and rest of your family are very lucky. We cruise as a family (DD/22, DS/18) they still want to come with us and hang out together (alot of the time, not all, lol) and DH and I hope to be able to do the EXACT same things for our kids when they are married, and then married with kids! We even talk about it now! Lol

Stacey K CruiseDivaNJ

So much of the fun of the cruise is the planning isn't it! I read everything I can, I read it again, I pour through the boards, I scour through pictures, I read all about the design and construction, etc. I love the pre planner on RCCL... AWESOME!! I made a spread sheet for my next cruise complete with pictures and logos!! The planning, the obsession... it's delicious!! ...and then you get on this magnificent vessel and the crew and staff are sharp as tacks and the technology is just not to be believed. Ahhhhhhh... sweet magic!!!

Are you obsessive compulsive... maybe... but so are we all and I have a feeling all of us reading and lurking on CC are all absolutely the same!!

Enjoy your fetish, your wonderfully hypnotic drug.... you will think about your cruise until the day you board and it will get you through all those days at work and all the stresses of life!!

Oh, how I enjoy reading about you folks that are as compulsive as I am!! :D I have also told DH He should pay me for all my research, planning, etc. Usually, when we step onto the Ship for the first time, I can tell him where we need to go, where everything is, etc. Our shore excursions tickets are waiting in our Cabin along with any little goodies I have PRE-ordered, etc.

The anticipation is definitely half the fun for me!;)

I also plan... I have the money for just gambling, my specialty dining reservations are made and chosen which dates, tipping I get automatic on shipboard account so no need to worry about that, but we do tip extra to our favorite bartenders....you treat them right they treat you better. :)

Friends have asked me, how in the world can you get excited for a cruise over 12 months out, I tell them, very easily. :D. As mentioned many times here , it is the planning, getting all your tours, Hotel, flight information separated by sections in a folder or binder. For our upcoming TA it is in a 1 " binder. Even been planning on how I will put our TA Album together by printing out the titals, making up our door signs off my Scrapbook program. Helps pass the time by planning. :)

Another happy over planning soulmate here! Even if we are nuts, do we care? Planning makes me happy.

Sailaway Jack your wife is lucky to have you! I will be lucky if DH pulls out any clothes to bring more than 90 minutes before we leave for the airport, leaving no time to wash or press anything, let alone make sure it fits.

Found my peeps here! I do the spread sheet thing,:o I plan, because it's part of the fun and excitement while waiting for the actual vaca. The difference between organized and anal ? Can you wing it once on your trip? Because often times flexibility is called for!;)

But planners- we just can't help it! To not plan would spoil a year of fun. In my case it's genetic, my mom planned WDW trips like military campaigns; and now my 13 yo does it- reading the guide books cover to cover!

Archived