can you take food OFF the ship?

meab

There might have been a typo here:

"So if you want to take food off the ship, just pack it securely where it will not be noticed (such as in a backpack) and you will be fine."

It should have read:

"So if you want to take food off the ship, just pack it securely where it will not be noticed (such as in a backpack) and you will be fined.":)

Wow. Horrible advice. Many Caribbean countries have LAWS (not rules) against bringing undeclared fresh foods into their country. In addition to risking harm to the country you are visiting, you are risking being fined and detained by local authorities.

Second that. Maybe that poster hasn't seen sniffer dogs in the Caribbean, but I have. Do not risk it.

I was wrong. This thread is 7 years old! It was started in 2011 and died a well deserved death right after Hlitner’s unbelievable post then restarted in 2013 wondering if Alaska being cold and all that, allowed food brought in. It died again (a zombie thread!) and was again restarted now with the same exact question about Alaska.

Why does someone start up a Zombie thread that asked the same question they are asking, which was answered over and over with ‘No’, ‘Not allowed’, ‘Done by my ‘friends’ but not me’ (yeah, right), and our favorite, ‘don’t do it but if you do, this how and not get caught’.

Ok, I think I’ve covered all the responses done on this subject in the last 7 years. Does anyone else have a ‘friend’ who did it but they would never do it, or think it shouldn’t be done but want to give sage advice on how not to get caught?

This isn’t sneaking booze on board. Go ahead, and save $10 and assist damaging an agricultural economy.

Den

I was wrong. This thread is 7 years old! It was started in 2011 and died a well deserved death right after Hlitner’s unbelievable post then restarted in 2013 wondering if Alaska being cold and all that, allowed food brought in. It died again (a zombie thread!) and was again restarted now with the same exact question about Alaska.

Why does someone start up a Zombie thread that asked the same question they are asking, which was answered over and over with ‘No’, ‘Not allowed’, ‘Done by my ‘friends’ but not me’ (yeah, right), and our favorite, ‘don’t do it but if you do, this how and not get caught’.

Ok, I think I’ve covered all the responses done on this subject in the last 7 years. Does anyone else have a ‘friend’ who did it but they would never do it, or think it shouldn’t be done but want to give sage advice on how not to get caught?

This isn’t sneaking booze on board. Go ahead, and save $10 and assist damaging an agricultural economy.

Den

Whilst this thread may be some years old the message is as relevant today as it was then except the fines have probably gone up. To reiterate Australian and NZ rules. Both countries being islands are extremely bio security conscious and as such take the bringing of prohibited food items across the border very seriously. Any food items must be declared but as we don't fill in bio security forms each time we go ashore at these ports we are by default guilty of bringing undeclared food across the border. The Fines in both countries are now $400 which will buy an awful lot of lunch so don't do it. One may cross the border from ship to shore in many countries without seeing bio security officers but is it worth the risk on the off chance that a $400 fine is worth a $1 sandwich. Border protection officers can pull anyone aside at any time they choose. Don't be the mug on the day they choose to have a clamp down. If you are hungry buy something ashore and contribute to the local economy

Most recently, why would someone come over from the Princess board to open this zombie thread? That seems to me to be an action designed to “disrupt the community”

You are right WestLakeGirl, the poster who breathed life back into this Zombie thread has never posted on Celebrity in 1000posts and of course references ‘a friend’ who told them this info. People must be as crazy as us to be checking posters.

And Beadb41, you are right; this is an important subject that needs airing, but not this way. I’m always amazed how people will break the rules to save a few bucks and in this case, not just break rules, but Laws and endangering those we are visiting.

Wonder why locals just Love us tourists!! And If I hear another ‘my friend did this, but I wouldn’t.......’ post, I’ll explode. Well not that, but I’ll puff up a lot!!!

Den

We are on Silhouette right now out of Southampton round the Med . We have been to 5 of the 7 ports so far and we have gotten straight off and straight on to coaches so no screening getting off what so ever so think you could have taken food off. No announcement either

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on Silhouette right now out of Southampton round the Med . We have been to 5 of the 7 ports so far and we have gotten straight off and straight on to coaches so no screening getting off what so ever so think you could have taken food off. No announcement either

check your daily for the rules and laws in regards to this

Are all of these ports in the EU? If so that explains the lack of any border controls until the UK leaves the EU.