FRESH off the Indy and WE DID THE BOOZE PACK!

As I recall.............The Concierge lounge serves drinks from 5 pm through 8:30.........Not exactly 4 hours but close enough. We go to socialize and get hammered!:)

Sorry you are right. We don't get hammered tho.:) Its just a nice place to be before dinner. A bit crowded at times, but that's fine.

Jan

ooooops-3 and 1/2 hours-not 4-sorry :o Still enough slam down time!!:p

That's for sure. On one cruise our table mate was in the concierge lounge with us and she had 3 or 4 drinks before dinner. Then we went to the dining room and she was falling asleep while dinner was being served. :)

Jan

According to the chart in the thread water and speciality coffees are not included at any level. It is only alcohol that is included. Soda is not included either.

Oops - read the chart wrong :o. I was going under the assumption that it would be a similar package as on Celebrity and didn't pay attention to the side of the chart.

Cruise ships have drinking everywhere on them, I doubt that this package will cause EVERYONE in sight to get wasted all of the time.

If you don't like drinkers, don't be near the bars, and if someone is acting too loud, you could just walk away.

Thank you for this insightful advice, I will try to remember it on my next cruise.

And nobody said that this drink package will cause EVERYONE insight to get wasted all the time. You may want to re-read the posts.

Being a non-drinker I hate to see this alcohol package be implemented. I just think that there will be more obnoxious drunks as people will want to ensure that they 'get their monies worth' and therefore drink more.

Don't flame me for my opinion. I simply have been around enough drunks to last me a lifetime would rather not be surrounded by them on my vacation.

My sentiments exactly:(

I usually go to an all-inclusive hotel for my holidays. (Barbados in May, yay :D, Egypt and Mauritius last year). I only recall seeing one person really, really drunk, ever. And she was in her mid fifties and should have known better. I think we probably have a more relaxed attitude to alcohol here in UK. I've just finished off ½ bottle of red, and I feel sober. I'm not prepared to drive, but I think my typing shows I'm compos mentis. So I'll be going for the package, and I'll get my monies worth AND I won't be obnoxious or drunk. :cool:

Being a non-drinker I hate to see this alcohol package be implemented. I just think that there will be more obnoxious drunks as people will want to ensure that they 'get their monies worth' and therefore drink more.

Don't flame me for my opinion. I simply have been around enough drunks to last me a lifetime would rather not be surrounded by them on my vacation.

Just because someone has 5-6 drinks throughout the day on while vacationing doesn't make them " a drunk".

You are painting everyone who enjoys the occasional adult beverage with the same brush. Just because one has a few drinks doesn't make them a drunken hooligan.

Your statement is akin to me saying that just because you don't drink mean you're a prude who doesn't enjoy fun.

There are not enough words to describe how marvelous the package is. We called it the "magic sticker" you flash it and booze appears. No swiping, signing, anything- just ask and receive.... we drank our moneys worth in about 5 days...lol.

We were told by several bar tenders it will NOT last as is- the ship lost a lot of money on it and they ran out of many beers early on,and had to restock much more than usual during port calls. Enjoy while you can!!

I hope it lasts even if Royal Caribbean has to adjust the price some to cover the increased cost of the alcohol.

Just because someone has 5-6 drinks throughout the day on while vacationing doesn't make them " a drunk".

You are painting everyone who enjoys the occasional adult beverage with the same brush. Just because one has a few drinks doesn't make them a drunken hooligan.

Your statement is akin to me saying that just because you don't drink mean you're a prude who doesn't enjoy fun.

Uh...OK...

Now where in my post do I say that someone enjoying 5 or 6 drinks a day is a drunk? And where in my post am I painting people all the same and those who have an occasional adult beverage being drunken hooligans? That is not what I said and I am shaking my head wondering where the heck you could come to that conclusion from what I wrote...LOL...

I stated that in my opinion the alcohol package would encourage people to drink more to get their monies worth thus more obnoxious drunks. Not sure how you could take that statement and read it as me 'painting everyone who enjoys a few drinks is a drunken hooligan or having 5 or 6 drinks makes someone a drunk'.

There are not enough words to describe how marvelous the package is. We called it the "magic sticker" you flash it and booze appears. No swiping, signing, anything- just ask and receive.... we drank our moneys worth in about 5 days...lol.

We were told by several bar tenders it will NOT last as is- the ship lost a lot of money on it and they ran out of many beers early on,and had to restock much more than usual during port calls. Enjoy while you can!!

hi there

I am glad to hear the drink package is worth the money.

The only downfall with it is i thought it would at least include water or some soft drinks. Obviously with it only including booze this would encourage more people to get intoxicated instead of drinking soft drinks lol.

I mean, who is going to pay for a diet coke if they can have a can of beer instead ;)

I am not a big drinker but do like the odd beer or 3 during the day but also like to have water and the odd diet coke too. I'd hate the thought of feeling abit tipsy during the day lol!

xxx

Hi

thanks for the info regarding drinks packages, can you please advise if we would still have to pay for a mixer to go with our Gin or do they just add it within the package, otherwise we could end up paying quite a bit for this , as have been advised a can of coke or tonic is $2.25 + 15%

Carol

Hi

thanks for the info regarding drinks packages, can you please advise if we would still have to pay for a mixer to go with our Gin or do they just add it within the package, otherwise we could end up paying quite a bit for this , as have been advised a can of coke or tonic is $2.25 + 15%

Carol

When you are purchasing a mixed drink, you are only paying for the alcohol. The mix is "free".

Hi

Carol

Mixers are included, you just cant ask for a can of anything in the package cost.

Question about coffee packages....We are going on the Enchantment in July and this will be our first RC cruise. Have been on two Princess cruises and know that they offer a coffee card that you can purchase which entitles you to a specific amount of coffee drinks (non alchoholic) like lattes, cappucinos etc.

Does RC offer anything like this for sale?

I won't flame you. I have to agree. I just don't understand why people have to drink that much on a cruise. To me cruising is the most relaxful things one can do.

Jan

In other words. I just don't understand why everyone isn't exactly like me.:confused::D

I am travelling on Oasis in November and I hope they have the drink package that would include soda too. I am a Diamond member and I can have wine and champagne and soda for free from 5-8:30pm but I would like to have cocktails before and after 8:30pm. No, I am not a drunk or a lush

but I am on vacation.

I was on the Liberty in November and I was lucky enough to go into the

Concierge lounge as we had a suite. The first night, I admit, I was in there

at 5 sharp, but so were other people. I drank many glasses of champage

and my friend had many glasses of wine and we had a lovely dinner at

Portofinos. No one was drunk in the Concierge lounge. Not even us.

The 2nd night I only had 1 champage and my friend had 1 wine before

we went to Chops.

My point is: just because the wine or champagne or cocktails are free

does not mean you will be a stumbling fool and drunk. Its just nice to

know its there!

9 alcoholic drinks per day would be considered a lot by many people.

Believe it or not, the average male could have nine drinks a day and still be legal to drive ( one drink an hour ). However, you're not driving. Your on vacation.:)

Believe it or not, the average male could have nine drinks a day and still be legal to drive ( one drink an hour ). However, you're not driving. Your on vacation.:)

I dont think i'd drive after 9 pints haha

But I do agree with you that 9 isnt alot, well not to me anyway.

When holidaying all inclusive I will have something like 4-6 pints on an afternoon round the pool, I find nothing more relaxing than laying in the sun with an ice cold beer, and two weeks today I will be doing just that on Allure :p

We really hope they keep the package going or our cruise on the Grandeur. All inclusive or not I would probably drink 10-12 bottles each day on the cruise. This may sound excessive to some people but I do love a drink on holiday without getting wrecked. On a normal night out at home 6-7 pints is the norm for a lot of people which is roughly what 10-12 bottles works out to be. On our last Princess cruise our bar bill averaged $80 per day so $58 for both of us sounds really good. On top of this we like to help the local economy by trying a few local beers whilst ashore aswell.

Archived