FRESH off the Indy and WE DID THE BOOZE PACK!

On a normal night out at home 6-7 pints is the norm for a lot of people which is roughly what 10-12 bottles works out to be.

Wow, this actually astounds me, lol.

If this is typical for the UK market I'm sure that Royal was caught off-guard when they priced out their packages according to what they assumed people might drink.

What does drinking have to do with pizza?!!!!... If you have to ask, you'll never know.:D:D

Oh, I love a beer with pizza, but one is enough for me. To many calories otherwise.

This is just my humble opinion, but I can think of better ways to spend $29.00 a day. For my DH and I that would be $58.00 a day X at least 7 day. ;)

Enjoy your cruising, I sure do.

Jan

We really hope they keep the package going or our cruise on the Grandeur. All inclusive or not I would probably drink 10-12 bottles each day on the cruise. This may sound excessive to some people but I do love a drink on holiday without getting wrecked. On a normal night out at home 6-7 pints is the norm for a lot of people which is roughly what 10-12 bottles works out to be. On our last Princess cruise our bar bill averaged $80 per day so $58 for both of us sounds really good. On top of this we like to help the local economy by trying a few local beers whilst ashore aswell.

See you are form the north east robanddiane, im from Middlesbrough

I could not read this in the reply, but i may be not reading carefully, Would you happen to know if Sparkling Wine was included in the $29 package or is it only still wine?? Also is What is Pimms classed as in relation to this package?? Is Rose Wine included? Sorry for so many questions:D

If you could let me know i would be grateful.

:)

Thanks

I could not read this in the reply, but i may be not reading carefully, Would you happen to know if Sparkling Wine was included in the $29 package or is it only still wine?? Also is What is Pimms classed as in relation to this package?? Is Rose Wine included? Sorry for so many questions:D

Thanks

Are drink packages offered onboard?s.gifA: We offer a soft drinks package for both kids and adults on every ship in our fleet. To purchase one, just visit any of our onboard bars or lounges.

As an enhancement to Royal Caribbean's beverage programme, we are excited to announce the launch of three Beverage Package options, giving our guests a no-hassle way to enjoy an all-inclusive beverage experience during their cruise holiday.

Beverage packages are only available to book on board on the following ships: Independence of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas and Legend of the Seas.

Make your holiday more relaxing and enjoyable by paying one set price for a wide variety of beverage choices

The available packages are as follows:

Beer Package

In this package you can enjoy all beer brands on board, by draft, can or bottle and house wines by the glass

$29.00 per guest, per day

Classic Package

In the package you can enjoy all of the benefits of the beer package as well as a list of spirits; brand names include Smirnoff, Beefeater and Johnny Walker and cocktails using the selected spirits available

$39.00 per guest, per day

Premium Package

In the package you can enjoy all of the benefits of the classic package as well as a list of premium spirits; brand names include Absolute, Bombay Sapphire and Johnny Walker black and cocktails using the selected spirits available $49.00 per guest, per day

Prices above all include gratuities and are based on per guest per day.

DH and I love to indulge in drinks by the pool on vacation. We have wine with dinner every night (one glass) at home and on vacation (more than one glass!). We are not beer drinkers, just wine and mojitos, etc. I just don't think I could drink 9 drinks a day. I'm glad someone figured that out. I'm not sure if we would buy the package now. I'll be interested to see if they roll this out throughout the fleet.

Heads are gonna roll in Miami lol.

Gnocchi, If every cabin on the ship had a $7oo bar bill I think that RCCL would be quite satisfied, when you consider what they can buy the booze for in bulk,

not only that just look at how happy everyone who purchased it seems to be, if Rccl keep these packages for all their ships they would sail full all time.

Happy Cruising,

It's a lot to drink every day, period. It's just a lot :eek:

See- now for me that's not. But I can understand why it would be for alot of people. I'm a beer drinker. So break even for me would be 5-6 beers. So, let's say I have a beer with lunch at noon. Another 2 out at the pool between 1 & 3. Maybe 2 more at dinner between 6&8. I'm already at break even with out breaking a sweat or a significant buzz. And I'm still gettin' my party on for another 4 hours.

As with all things- some people will be abusive and over indulgent. But with booze, the fact is, if your going to drink until your good and well drunk, you're going to drink until you're good and well drunk. You won't be thinking twice about handing that seapass over- inhibitions down and you don't run out of cash. It's like fake money to begin with until the next day. No drink package is going to make a huge change in that. It's the bar bill and hangover the next day that may deter. And the hangover may be enough to reconsider 'getting your moneys worth'.

DH and I love to indulge in drinks by the pool on vacation. We have wine with dinner every night (one glass) at home and on vacation (more than one glass!). We are not beer drinkers, just wine and mojitos, etc. I just don't think I could drink 9 drinks a day. I'm glad someone figured that out. I'm not sure if we would buy the package now. I'll be interested to see if they roll this out throughout the fleet.

Whoever quoted 9 drinks to break even was way out! :eek: At almost $5 per drink incl grats for the cheapest beer that's 6 drinks to break even with the $29 package. If you drink more expensive beers or even the house wine it's even less drinks to break even.

Ok, someone's math here is WAY off. I went back and dug up my Oasis receipts from December. We spent anywhere for a glass of wine $18.75 - $21.92 for 2 glass of wine. This was wine in the dining room, and wine at Vintages by the glass. We did not order anything at all expensive (compared to others on the menu)

Divide our lowest charge by 2 = $9.38 a person

$9.38 x 4 = $37.50

Obviously it would have been more had we ordered something more per bottle. My point is; 4 glasses of wine per day surpasses the lowest package of $29.00. Three glasses is just under $29.00 per day. My husband and I are not lushes by any means but I could easily do 4 glasses of wine a day. I would say for us, this would turn out ok in the end. (besides, wine is good for the heart!)

:D

Thanks

Sorry, it is possible to get PIMMS no 1 in cans - would this come in the $29 package & I can not see any reference to sparkling wine, ( champagne would be nice but lets not get silly ideas right?!!!) Sparkling will do!:)

Believe it or not, the average male could have nine drinks a day and still be legal to drive ( one drink an hour ). However, you're not driving. Your on vacation.:)

I wonder if you were driving on a freeway and got pulled over by a state trooper what he would say to that.

A neighbors son was out drinking and came home zooming down our block on his motorcycle, missed his house, hit a neighbor's fence, flew across the street. He had both his legs broken and many other injuries. This was a year ago and he still is having problems.

Jan

I wonder if you were driving on a freeway and got pulled over by a state trooper what he would say to that.

A neighbors son was out drinking and came home zooming down our block on his motorcycle, missed his house, hit a neighbor's fence, flew across the street. He had both his legs broken and many other injuries. This was a year ago and he still is having problems.

Jan

Good think they don't allow motorcycles on the cruise ship...

Obviously it would have been more had we ordered something more per bottle. My point is; 4 glasses of wine per day surpasses the lowest package of $29.00. Three glasses is just under $29.00 per day. My husband and I are not lushes by any means but I could easily do 4 glasses of wine a day. I would say for us, this would turn out ok in the end. (besides, wine is good for the heart!)

I've seen posts that said people were being poured whatever bottle was open at the bar. I am surprised that Royal is this unorganized when it comes to penny-pinching.

I fully expect, at some point, that the 'house wine' will be something on tap that they dispense from a gun. Even La Terre might be too pricey if they really want to make money.

Good think they don't allow motorcycles on the cruise ship...

AHA! You think that you are making such a smart crack!

Motorcycles ARE permitted on the ship.

Royal Caribbean even has Hogs on the High Seas cruises.

Captain Johnny often takes his Harley on board with him.

So there!

;)

:D

Have not been on any RC ship since 2009. I do not recall paying anywhere close to $11 for base house wine. On Celeb. last fall I did not pay anywhere near that for house wine either. Seems like it was more around $7 plus tip. Have they really jacked up the prices that much for the base house wine by the glass?

All the more reason to smuggle some on :D

Archived