No Half and Half on RCI!!!!

I was just saying if they didn't have either or. But this shouldn't have been a spoiler of your cruise. But I guess if you need your coffee everyday this would be a bummer. I can see how it would suck.

Please note I said in post #4 my comment about it "spoiling my cruise" was said tongue in cheek. It wasn't really a spoiler; I said that in jest. I didn't enjoy my coffee as much as ordinary, but the cruise itself was awesome.

I have been to restaurants where they have half-and-half in single serve containers. They must be sterilized or something because they are kept at room temperature instead of the refrig. You might check them out for the next cruise.

DON

I find this interesting. I really enjoy a good cup of coffee. And when i'm on vacation like to be able to sit and not rush through my cup or many cups :) so i totally understand feeling let down on the cream. Guess I will find out next week for sure. happy sailings!

We were on the same Enchantment cruise last week and on the very first day I found a few individual half-half cups. No, not a deal breaker to most people, and nothing to dwell over, however, as loyal RCCL vacationers, I pointed out on another thread that RCCL continues to cut costs. However, being somewhat secretive about them is a bit disappointing.

The now serve beef from outside of the United States. Please don't start telling me I am nuts or crazy and to prove it. Whether you want to believe it or not, their steaks in the main dining room and other beef is from other countries. That is why many people did not finish their beef dishes and noticed a different flavor, and texture to the meet. We were told this by the waiter, head waiter, and one of the cooks when we had the opportunity to tour the kitchen on a previous cruise.

Again, nothing wrong with cutting costs and they have every right too, just like most businesses are forced to do. But to hide this point or mislead people sometimes might not be the proper way of keeping many cruisers happy.

Won't ruin my cruise, but I have enough of a hard time adjusting to American "half and half" from Canadian 10% cream when I am in the US. Non-dairy creamer (an "edible oil product" has no place in my morning cuppa.

Do you think I could carry on a small container of "half and half" in my carry on?

With 4 small kids, coffee is going to factor in huge!

The double post was actually a mistake. Didn't think it went through the first time.

Okay, people, settle down. What I said about it spoiling my cruise was said "tongue in cheek." Of course I'm thrilled to be blessed enough to cruise; not having my half and half wasn't a deal breaker!

To the poster who said it was a "glitch" on this particular ship, I was informed by the supervisor in the buffet that no RCI ships carry "real" half and half. They carry only the "homemade" version of milk and non-dairy creamer and they call it "half and half." When he said that, I did recall that when we were onboard Freedom of the Seas and Radiance, they also had the "homemade" version.

He did also say that many (I suppose die-hard half and halfers) complained about the lack of the real stuff.

On your other post of this matter, you posted that you knew a couple of years ago that they were getting rid of it because it spoils to easy. So you know this, still continue to cruise and most of all still complain about this? :confused: If it is so important to you, buy some before you board and bring it. After all 2 years is a pretty long time to still be complaining about half and half. ;)

On your other post of this matter, you posted that you knew a couple of years ago that they were getting rid of it because it spoils to easy. So you know this, still continue to cruise and most of all still complain about this? :confused: If it is so important to you, buy some before you board and bring it. After all 2 years is a pretty long time to still be complaining about half and half. ;)

Amen.

I have slowly transitioned to having milk in my coffee. I love it now. I used to have to open a small carton in the Windjammer and waste some. Now they have it available for coffee.

I have cruised a couple of times with a friend who drinks tea and always had a hard time getting milk to put in it. They were always bringing cream or non dairy.

I guess we will just have to make due. It's not too much of a sacrafice. I can use the extra calories on dessert.

You're absolutely correct! Not one ship in the RCI fleet has real half and half. But Celebrity has it, so I don't understand why they don't on RCI. When we were onboard Radiance, I was told that they don't carry it because it spoils too fast.

Liberty had it in March, and Mariner had it in January. They had the little containers in the Promenade Cafe, the Windjammer and the Concierge Lounge. I made sure to stock up for the cabin coffee, since we couldn't get it from room service.

Although it wouldn't ruin my cruise not to have it, it would greatly annoy me. And to label the pitchers as half & half when they aren't isn't just dishonest - it's dangerous to somebody who is allergic to the plastic stuff, as Scotty G is.

Won't ruin my cruise, but I have enough of a hard time adjusting to American "half and half" from Canadian 10% cream when I am in the US. Non-dairy creamer (an "edible oil product" has no place in my morning cuppa.

Do you think I could carry on a small container of "half and half" in my carry on?

With 4 small kids, coffee is going to factor in huge!

When we were in Australia, I got to love "full cream". I still can't get over not having it in the US. My wife buys 1% and she says that it is for my health. My daughter when we visit her drinks no-fat milk. One is awful; the other is vile

DON

Did you not see my follow-up post where I clarified the "spoiler" comment was made tongue in cheek? Meaning it was said in jest. Of course, I would not let the lack of half and half spoil my cruise!

To all the people out there that think you are being trivial....I feel your pain. Agreed, it may nor "spoil" my cruise but, I cannot get my day started on the right foot if I don;t have my cream in the morning. My DH complains, because I actually take aboard my own tea bags. Sorry but, I don;t like any other tea...I am not a drinker, but I do enjoy a cup of strong tea (with cream( while sitting on my balcony in the morning. I would guess that a few of the "complainers" here would make mention if their beverage of choice was not available....just sayin'

To all the people out there that think you are being trivial....I feel your pain. Agreed, it may nor "spoil" my cruise but, I cannot get my day started on the right foot if I don;t have my cream in the morning. My DH complains, because I actually take aboard my own tea bags. Sorry but, I don;t like any other tea...I am not a drinker, but I do enjoy a cup of strong tea (with cream( while sitting on my balcony in the morning. I would guess that a few of the "complainers" here would make mention if their beverage of choice was not available....just sayin'

I too (a Canadian) is used to our 10% cream...so going to half and half is already a compromise....I'm going to have to think about this for our upcoming cruise...hmmmmm...

Okay, we just returned from Enchantment of the Seas and the cruise was wonderful. The crew could not have been any better! I do have a bone to pick with RCI, though. Nowhere, I mean NOWHERE, on this ship is Half and Half for your coffee. Not in the specialty coffee bar (the staff who served in that venue said I was about the "millionth" person who requested Half and Half and they carry only skim milk and whole milk. No Half and Half in Chops Grille (what!!!!????). No Half and Half in the MDR.

Now, they do try to fool you by labeling the pitchers in the Windjammer Buffet with "Half and Half". But believe me, this isn't half and half. In fact, one of the crew told me they "make" the half and half by mixing regular milk with "non-dairy creamer".

I have a hard time enjoying my coffee without my half and half. It really was a spoiler of an otherwise very enjoyable cruise.

I'm just saying....

They say it's the little things that break a marriage up right. Well I guess that goes for cruises too. Sometimes even the little things can bug you. It happens to ALL of us. That said, I'm with you. There is nothing worse than getting up in the morning or finishing your dinner and wanting a nice cup of coffee and not getting it. When you get up in the morning and want a nice cup of coffee and sit and relax and start your day off right and you know it's going to stink is not the way to start your day. YES I DO ENJOY MY COFFEE TOO MUCH.

In fact I'm having my first cup right now. AND IT"S GOOD!!

I have been to restaurants where they have half-and-half in single serve containers. They must be sterilized or something because they are kept at room temperature instead of the refrig. You might check them out for the next cruise.

DON

You can purchase your own supply at Sam's Club. They have had half & half on every ship I have ever been on....sometimes run out later in the cruise--and it is/was REAL half & half.

Wow, the OP prefaced her complaint by stating that she had a wonderful cruise and she still gets smacked around for posting something negative. Sometimes you just can't win around here.

The coffee on RCI, IN MY OPINION, is lousy. Half and Half greatly improves the taste. Not having the half and half means the coffee remains lousy.

Oh wait, I should have first mentioned that I have had an excellent time on every RCI cruise that I have been on. But it now seems that disclaimer doesn't work any longer.

For all these few years I've been traveling on RCCL ships I've complained about the coffee (the last two weren't bad so either I've mellowed or the coffee has improved). The only time I put additives in my coffee is when it is really bad and I need some form of milk product to kill the taste. When I must put an additive in my coffee I'm not worried at that point about what it is.

As much as I love my coffee, and I think this is the point the OP was trying to make, not having great coffee available does not dampen my enjoyment of the cruise but a really good cup would enhance it. ;)

We were on the same Enchantment cruise last week and on the very first day I found a few individual half-half cups. No, not a deal breaker to most people, and nothing to dwell over, however, as loyal RCCL vacationers, I pointed out on another thread that RCCL continues to cut costs. However, being somewhat secretive about them is a bit disappointing.

The now serve beef from outside of the United States. Please don't start telling me I am nuts or crazy and to prove it. Whether you want to believe it or not, their steaks in the main dining room and other beef is from other countries. That is why many people did not finish their beef dishes and noticed a different flavor, and texture to the meet. We were told this by the waiter, head waiter, and one of the cooks when we had the opportunity to tour the kitchen on a previous cruise.

Again, nothing wrong with cutting costs and they have every right too, just like most businesses are forced to do. But to hide this point or mislead people sometimes might not be the proper way of keeping many cruisers happy.

They tried serving US beef on some of the European cruises. They ran short when most of the cows drowned swimming across the Atlantic ocean. They had to restock with local beef from the bulls used in Pamplona.

Of course the lack of cows also contributed to the lack of half and half.

Archived