No Half and Half on RCI!!!!

Okay, we just returned from Enchantment of the Seas and the cruise was wonderful. The crew could not have been any better! I do have a bone to pick with RCI, though. Nowhere, I mean NOWHERE, on this ship is Half and Half for your coffee. Not in the specialty coffee bar (the staff who served in that venue said I was about the "millionth" person who requested Half and Half and they carry only skim milk and whole milk. No Half and Half in Chops Grille (what!!!!????). No Half and Half in the MDR.

Now, they do try to fool you by labeling the pitchers in the Windjammer Buffet with "Half and Half". But believe me, this isn't half and half. In fact, one of the crew told me they "make" the half and half by mixing regular milk with "non-dairy creamer".

I have a hard time enjoying my coffee without my half and half. It really was a spoiler of an otherwise very enjoyable cruise.

I'm just saying....

I have a hard time enjoying my coffee without my half and half. It really was a spoiler of an otherwise very enjoyable cruise.

I'm just saying....

Really? Lack of Half and Half spoiled your cruise? I'm just saying..... I could think of a lot of other things that could ruin a cruise, half and half would not be one of them.

If that is the only thing wrong with a cruise I'd be happy. I'm sure going 1 week with just milk or just cream won't kill you

Jerseygirl3 never mentioned cream.She said whole milk.This is going to be hard to take.Is this what you get on all RCCL ships?

You're so upset you had to make 2 threads about it?!?!

The double post was actually a mistake. Didn't think it went through the first time.

Okay, people, settle down. What I said about it spoiling my cruise was said "tongue in cheek." Of course I'm thrilled to be blessed enough to cruise; not having my half and half wasn't a deal breaker!

To the poster who said it was a "glitch" on this particular ship, I was informed by the supervisor in the buffet that no RCI ships carry "real" half and half. They carry only the "homemade" version of milk and non-dairy creamer and they call it "half and half." When he said that, I did recall that when we were onboard Freedom of the Seas and Radiance, they also had the "homemade" version.

He did also say that many (I suppose die-hard half and halfers) complained about the lack of the real stuff.

We cruised in Feb., and in addition to the pitchers of "1/2 and 1/2" they also had the little containers of 1/2 and 1/2 everywhere there was coffee. Maybe they just ran out during your cruise?

Jerseygirl3 never mentioned cream.She said whole milk.This is going to be hard to take.Is this what you get on all RCCL ships?

I was told by the supervisor in the Windjammer buffet that none of the RCI ships carry "real" half and half. He said all the ships make their own version with whole milk and non-dairy creamer. When he said that, I did recall the same occurred when we sailed Radiance and Freedom.

BTW, I accidentally double posted this. Sorry about that. Also, saying it was a "spoiler" was said very tongue in cheek. But I will admit I'm addicted to half and half in my coffee and it just wasn't the same without real half and half.

We cruised in Feb., and in addition to the pitchers of "1/2 and 1/2" they also had the little containers of 1/2 and 1/2 everywhere there was coffee. Maybe they just ran out during your cruise?

Nope, they didn't run out. Those little containers were not half and half...they were "non-dairy creamers." Also, those pitchers don't hold real half and half. They are labled half and half, but as the supervisor in Windjammer told me, no RCI ships carry half and half. They make it with whole milk and non-dairy creamers.

FYI--I have never seen real half and half on any of the fleet. They have lots of nondairy creamer though. My Dad would ask for half and half, but I'm confident it was te nondairy stuff that in factis frequently referred to as H&H, but clearly (in fine print) says nondairy creamer.

FYI--I have never seen real half and half on any of the fleet. They have lots of nondairy creamer though. My Dad would ask for half and half, but I'm confident it was te nondairy stuff that in factis frequently referred to as H&H, but clearly (in fine print) says nondairy creamer.

You're absolutely correct! Not one ship in the RCI fleet has real half and half. But Celebrity has it, so I don't understand why they don't on RCI. When we were onboard Radiance, I was told that they don't carry it because it spoils too fast.

I recall that they transitioned from real half and half in the small containers to the non dairy around two years ago - about the time they did away with real Splenda. I am aware of this because I am allergic to non diary and use Splenda as part of my Atkins plan. I wish they would use the real stuff and not poor imitations or worse yet use mixes of their own concoction that are so bad.

I surely wouldn't let something so trivial like no half and half spoil my cruise! :eek: :eek: :eek: .....just sayin....

Did you not see my follow-up post where I clarified the "spoiler" comment was made tongue in cheek? Meaning it was said in jest. Of course, I would not let the lack of half and half spoil my cruise!

I have had half-and-half on board, and it was in refrigerator single-serve plastic cups. No mixing. Clearly labeled. (I HATE non-dairy creamer).

I'm sorry to hear that the Enchantment didn't have any for you.

They had the same single serve cups of half & half on the Serenade in Oct. too... it was in the Windjammer..

I'm going to pretend I didn't read this thread. My BIL is a HUGE coffee drinker and just HAS TO HAVE half and half and he is coming on our FOS next month. In fact he calls us before coming over just to make sure we have it. He called recently and asked if we had half and half and I said yes. When he showed up he says, "well lets get some coffee going." and reached for the coffee pot. I looked at him deadpan and said "I'm sorry, we're out of coffee." I told him he only asked if we had half and half, but he never asked about coffee. I had such a good laugh afterwards! :D

They had the same single serve cups of half & half on the Serenade in Oct. too... it was in the Windjammer..

Are you sure it was actually half and half? The pitcher they labeled half and half on our cruise wasn't really half and half.

I remember the supervisor in the buffet telling me when we were onboard Radiance a couple of years ago that all the ships in the RCI fleet had done away with real half and half because it "spoils too fast."

I have had half-and-half on board, and it was in refrigerator single-serve plastic cups. No mixing. Clearly labeled. (I HATE non-dairy creamer).

I'm sorry to hear that the Enchantment didn't have any for you.

We have had half and half too. Was not nondairy creamer, I checked.

I was just saying if they didn't have either or. But this shouldn't have been a spoiler of your cruise. But I guess if you need your coffee everyday this would be a bummer. I can see how it would suck.

In October on the Serenade they DID have half & half in the Windjammer...the little individual single serve cups...not pitchers... I didn't see them anywhere else...so I always made sure to take a couple extra to have with my room service coffee in the mornings...

The double post was actually a mistake. Didn't think it went through the first time.

Okay, people, settle down. What I said about it spoiling my cruise was said "tongue in cheek." Of course I'm thrilled to be blessed enough to cruise; not having my half and half wasn't a deal breaker!

To the poster who said it was a "glitch" on this particular ship, I was informed by the supervisor in the buffet that no RCI ships carry "real" half and half. They carry only the "homemade" version of milk and non-dairy creamer and they call it "half and half." When he said that, I did recall that when we were onboard Freedom of the Seas and Radiance, they also had the "homemade" version.

He did also say that many (I suppose die-hard half and halfers) complained about the lack of the real stuff.

So when you said earlier in the post that you "have a bone to pick with RCI" was that also tongue in cheek? I think not.

Archived