"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

T68.JPG

DH and I have taken over 37 cruises but always during school break and holidays. I have never seen a beach this empty. Now our youngest daughter is off to college this September and immediately we booked a cruise to Europe for May 2012. Big difference in price. I'll miss not cruising with my girls but what a nice break that is in our pockets :D.

The food, service, and beach is Free to any suite passenger (GS and above) at Barefoot Beach.

Radio

;);)

The drinks that come with the cabana, is it just water or soda is included?

While I can't vouch for the Allure... On the Navigator it was listed as "The Planning Event"

I cant thank you enough! We are on Oasis this June and my DD and I both are hopeful it is mentioned somewhere!

So, question- how did you find out that "The Planning Event" was the Flash Mob?

Thanks again for this "insider info"! Apparently, very few know about this.

I had gotten a copy of the Compass for the Eastern/Allure and saw MOB Dance Class listed a couple of times during the week at the Aqua Theater. Then the main event I believe took place on the Promenade on the last day....

Okay!! We'll be looking for this too!

Thanks!

(PS: I didnt see it listed in the southern compass)

Edited by CruiseDivaNJ

Hello everyone. . . Welcome to Falmouth, Jamaica.

We arrived at 9:20, and Captain Zini should clear the ship by 10AM for passengers.

Joining us today is Pullmantur Horizon, which had many upgrades when she was transferred over to RCCL subsidiary (Pullmantur) The only thing I can that has changed on her is many balconies on the upper 2 passenger decks. Horizon will sail throughout the summer on 7Night Western Caribbean cruises from Cozumel.

I can see that there is a lot of construction going on, but it appears that there has been a lot of work that has been completed. When I get off of the ship I will find out more details.

It is very sunny, and the temps are already 89F this morning. . .Today should be a scorcher, and there doesn’t appear to be any chance of rain. I need to make sure that I keep drinking lots of water (maybe just 1 cup of Blue Mountain Coffee)

Here are some pics from this morning, and our arrival into port.

More pics later today ! Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

The sun is coming up at the start of our day in the Caribbean

W2.JPG

The Auquatheater Suites are getting heavy sun this morning. . .

W4.JPG

The sun is coming up strong on the aft of Allure of the Seas

W6.JPG

We back in slowly to the pier in Falmouth, Jamaica

W8.JPG

We get close to the Pier as I can see there is a lot of construction going on

W14.JPG

Some bulding look completed, while others are far from finished.

W15.JPG

Radio

I know this is a little late, but could you tell me how comfortable the seats are on the Auto Train. My hubby and I would like to take our Harley down to Florida, ending up in the Keys. I really don't want to ride the bike both ways up and down the coast, so thought that the Auto Train may be an option for us. Are the seats like what you would find on a tourbus??? Unfortunately, hubby can only stand those kind of seats so long.

Oh, and I am thoroughly enjoying your trip report!!!! Keep up the great work!!! You sure do have a lot of people accompanying you on your trip(us CCer's:D). Cabin feel crowded yet:p??

Radio

I know this is a little late, but could you tell me how comfortable the seats are on the Auto Train. My hubby and I would like to take our Harley down to Florida, ending up in the Keys. I really don't want to ride the bike both ways up and down the coast, so thought that the Auto Train may be an option for us. Are the seats like what you would find on a tourbus??? Unfortunately, hubby can only stand those kind of seats so long.

Oh, and I am thoroughly enjoying your trip report!!!! Keep up the great work!!! You sure do have a lot of people accompanying you on your trip(us CCer's:D). Cabin feel crowded yet:p??

We are interested as well. I wont fly I thought our only option was driving the entire way to Florida to hit carribean itineraries. Very happy to hear that there is another option.

W4.JPG

Wow Radio! your photos were great! Thanks for posting the ATS picture. 8th deck balcony is a lot larger than 9th deck. I am wondering about the living space? Some of the suite pictures I found on this board look like a really tight space . Especially the bath room. Should I keep this suite or switch it to two OS? Do they still have a soot problem on the balconies? Can you please check it for me Radio? You take such a great pictures, I felt like I am crusing with you. Thanks for your review and pictures :)

I was inspired by Radio to do a little research on the Auto Train - just checking it out. It looks like the train leaves either station at 4:00pm and arrives at the other end at 9:30am the next morning. There are several options for seating, including coach seats and various sleeping compartments. Meals (dinner/breakfast) are included in the fare.

For general info on Auto Train...even has the menus for included meals:

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=AM_Route_C&pagename=am%2FLayout&cid=1241245666320

Here's a link to the range of sleeping accommodations:

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=am%2FLayout&cid=1241267361982

And here's the link to see coach seats:

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=AM_Accommodation_C&pagename=am%2FLayout&cid=1237405735252

W4.JPG

Wow Radio! your photos were great! Thanks for posting the ATS picture. 8th deck balcony is a lot larger than 9th deck. I am wondering about the living space? Some of the suite pictures I found on this board look like a really tight space . Especially the bath room. Should I keep this suite or switch it to two OS? Do they still have a soot problem on the balconies? Can you please check it for me Radio? You take such a great pictures, I felt like I am crusing with you. Thanks for your review and pictures :)

If I were you, I would keep the Aquatheater suite. You can have an Owner's Suite in any ship, but only on the Oasis class you'll be able to experience the Aquatheater Suite.

Radio I must applaud you.....your photos and almost "up to the minute updates" are totally, totally amazing.

I second sdouglas - kudos to Radio. I always LOVE following Radio and Trainman's reviews. I've cruised several times before but not on the Oasis or Allure. My thought has been that I can take almost two cruises on other ships for the price of one on Oasis/Allure....but I actually started pricing cruises for next January or February yesterday on the Oasis or Allure. Radio "convinced" me and I'm going to splurge and spend the extra money. YAY!! :p

Now, if we could only arrange the date when we could get both Radio and Trainman on the same ship at the SAME time...:rolleyes:

Joining us today is Pullmantur Horizon, which had many upgrades when she was transferred over to RCCL subsidiary (Pullmantur) The only thing I can that has changed on her is many balconies on the upper 2 passenger decks. Horizon will sail throughout the summer on 7Night Western Caribbean cruises from Cozumel.

Thank you Radio, I loved seeing the 'Horizon', (I didn't know her name had been recently changed from Pullmantur's 'Pacific Dream'). The Celebrity 'Horizon' was one of my favorite cruises! ;) I enjoyed seeing those cool aquatheater suites too, great photo!

I can't believe it's taken me this long to find this thread! Well, if I can't sail on Allure, cruising along with Radio is the next best thing! Our two weeks on Allure were wonderful -- we're planning on Oasis for next year.

Sharod -- it's been over 10 years since we've been on the Autotrain, but the seats were quite large and comfy. They reclined pretty well and had padded leg rests. Much better than a tour bus and/or an airplane!!

Looking forward to more Radio...

If I were you, I would keep the Aquatheater suite. You can have an Owner's Suite in any ship, but only on the Oasis class you'll be able to experience the Aquatheater Suite.

I have many more pics of the AT Suites,(will post when I'm home) and plan to tour them before I leave Allure. . .

Radio

;);)

I can't believe it's taken me this long to find this thread! Well, if I can't sail on Allure, cruising along with Radio is the next best thing! Our two weeks on Allure were wonderful -- we're planning on Oasis for next year.

Sharod -- it's been over 10 years since we've been on the Autotrain, but the seats were quite large and comfy. They reclined pretty well and had padded leg rests. Much better than a tour bus and/or an airplane!!

Looking forward to more Radio...

Thanks for the nice comments :). . . Many more pics coming this afternoon.

Radio

;);)

I second sdouglas - kudos to Radio. I always LOVE following Radio and Trainman's reviews. I've cruised several times before but not on the Oasis or Allure. My thought has been that I can take almost two cruises on other ships for the price of one on Oasis/Allure....but I actually started pricing cruises for next January or February yesterday on the Oasis or Allure. Radio "convinced" me and I'm going to splurge and spend the extra money. YAY!! :p

Now, if we could only arrange the date when we could get both Radio and Trainman on the same ship at the SAME time...:rolleyes:

I booked this cruise a year ago when my Cabin (D8) was 949.PP. . . . That price would be cheaper than me sailing in a D2 (5Night Cruise to Bermuda @1099.PP)

The Oasis can can be much higher or much lower than an alternative. . .

Radio

;);)

So anxious to read about Jamaica from you Radio. I am nervous about that stop as I host a group (30 people, some seniors) and their safety and ability to get on and off the ship is always a concern. Also, I am excited to see what is available for them ONCE they do get off. Thanks so much.. have a WONDERFUL day!!!