Airline Blankets?

thepoint

We are flying from NY to Luxembourg and wondered if airlines still give out blankets and pillows on overnight flights to Europe? We will be on American or a partner of American. We will not be in first class (unfortunately). Thank you for your help.

We are flying from NY to Luxembourg and wondered if airlines still give out blankets and pillows on overnight flights to Europe? We will be on American or a partner of American. We will not be in first class (unfortunately). Thank you for your help.

Yes

I've always gotten a pillow and blanket on several different airlines to Europe.

I made a pillow case for my pillow. I find it nasty to use one without a clean pillowcase.

Sometimes I bring my own blanket too, depending on how long of a flight it is.

Fire

I think American still gives you pillows and blankets for International flights......at least they did for us last summer. Of course it's changing all the time LOL!

Edited by isujim

The blankets and pillows we've received from American have all been wrapped in plastic. LAX-O'Hare we had to pay for them. O'Hare-Rome they were included in the fare.

Alitalia LAX-FCO were also wrapped in plastic. Also gratis wine.:D

I've always wondered....Are the blankets cleaned after every flight? Fresh pillowcases?

You probably don't want to think about it.

But the same is true for Hotels.

The reality is one wonders how clean the planes are given the rapid turn around times.

Keith

I've always wondered....Are the blankets cleaned after every flight? Fresh pillowcases?

They are refolded and put into a clean plastic bag. Try not to put them near your face. I always bring my own for overnight flights.

They are refolded and put into a clean plastic bag. Try not to put them near your face.

How do they seal the bags so quickly ??

KLM has blankets in plastic also

British Airways provides blanket, pillow and a a small bag of goodies...Ear phones, eye mask and booties. Can't remember if there was anything else in it. Oh, complimentary wine too. :)

I don't think the used blanket is any worse then resting your head on the headrest which has also been used before. But as someone else noted I wouldn't snuggle my face into either!

I always bring my own. The pillows always slip out of the paper pillowcase and end up on the floor behind my seat. Most likely the person sitting behind me has had his feet on it and was probably in the rest room right before placing his feet on my wayward pillow!:eek:

I use this one, it has a strap that secures it to my seat. http://www.amazon.com/TravelRest-Ultimate-Inflatable-Travel-Pillow/dp/B001DYDAEK I also bring my own blanket which is slightly bigger and thicker than the one supplied by the airline. I use theirs to wrap around my feet as the floor of the airplane is always cold.

As to the floor of the restroom. I bring a pair of slippers that go into a ziplock bag when the flight is over and into the wash asap. :) Have you ever looked at the floor of the restroom after a couple of hours??? YUCK!

Edited by 5326jan

No. If they aren't in plastic, they've probably been used. AA supposedly washes the pillowcases every night, but only removes blankets if they look soiled or damaged.

Ever thought about the headsets you find stuffed in the back seat pockets? Can't imagine using those either. Planes are dirty enough.

Edited by 6rugrats