Why do you keep coming back to Princess?

jac1976

I haven't been on a cruise that I consider perfect yet, but Princess is very good in most everything. I've sailed several cruise lines over the years and always come back to Princess. They have a great loyalty program. They've always treated me well. In general, most other passengers are nice, easy going and respectful. The ships themselves have a lot of charm. There are other beautiful ships out there and you can choose ships with all kinds of activities, but I don't need shopping malls, rock climbing walls and skating rinks. That's not a bad thing and it's perfect for some people, but I don't care about it. Princess has fun activities, but they aren't over the top and they aren't dull. As someone else said it's not crazy and it's not sedate. Princess pretty much perfected a dining experience that can satisfy most anyone. I love Anytime Dining and really decent evening buffet. I'm just happy with Princess and feel like I'm home when I get there.

We are taking our first Princess cruise this August- heading on the Sapphire up to Alaska. I am very excited, and am trying to stay away from the few 'downer' posts I see on these boards (although admittedly, I am very much a half glass full kind of person so am not too worried.)

So, tell me, what makes you keep coming back to Princess? What are the things you love about Princess cruises that I can look forward to in August?

Horizon Court open 24 hours

Fresh Water Pools

Anytime Dining

Self disembark (if you travel light)

FCCs for OBC

Great Itenararies

Best Loyalty Program

Free Internet

Free laundry

Platinum / Elite Happy Hour

Special lounge for disembarkation

Priority Boarding

Princess presents a pretty consistent product across all its ships. You know what you're going to get and if you're happy with what Princess offers, then you know you'll be comfortable across all of the fleet.

As others have mentioned, the staff and crew take good care of you. The loyalty program is good and as you rack up the cruises the perks help to draw you back. While the product doesn't appeal to everyone, those who come back find that it does. I've always said Princess is middle-of-the-road but in a good way. Not too pretentious like some other lines, not too trailer trashy. Not too old and staid, not too young and rowdy.

Finally the on board programming allows you to make the cruise what you want it to be - you can do something deluxe by picking a high end cabin, attending formal activities and having the best of service. Or you can do something low key by eating in the Horizon Court every night.

If there's a drawback to the line, it's that it tries to be everything to everyone - and that's where some of the negative opinions come from - Princess reaches out to some potential passenger demographics that clash with the regular Princess market.

• Great itineraries
  • Price with OBCs and past passenger discounts
  • Friendliness and training of the staff
  • Sabatini's
  • Quality of food and service in the MDR
  • We can carry on our wine for cabin consumption
  • International Cafe with fantastic coffee and gelato
  • Incabin storage space
  • Self-serve laundy ( need to pack less clothing)
  • Entire ambiance of all ships

We have cruised Celebrity, HAL, NCL, RCCL. While they all were great in some way and we have yet to dislike any cruise, line or ship, Princess just seems to be OUR best fit.

Princess has the most friendly help while getting onboard, while you're onboard and when you're leaving.

They're always ready to assist in any way they can. The Steward's are well trained/listen/care/can be friendly or stay away [it's up to you!]

The cabin's are well equipped/the furniture is not plastic & aluminum and there's lots of storage space.

The wait staff is some of the the very best we've had on any cruiseline.

The food is good, the pizza is great, the entertainment is very good and the Promenade Decks are bigger and better than any other line. It's so much fun to walk [hand in hand] while other's are laying on a teakwood chaise and watching you. You won't find this on many ships.

Princess has a standard of keeping in the "old world experience", while offering a "unique new, fun time!"

I have never cruised on Princess but am taking the plunge August 20 on the Coral...enticed by the itinerary, the beautiful ships with their tastefully designed interiors and the plethora of dining and entertainment options.

My confidence in my brilliant choice is reinforced by the myriad enthusiastic and fair-minded informative posts by the great people who take the time to share their knowledge on this board.

Dummies they ain't !

Norris

For many of the reasons the other posters have covered. We want our cruise to be easy, relaxing and enjoyable. Princess provides the ambiance we like, the decor, the manners and civility of the staff. The activities are interesting and fun. Entertainment is varied to meet many different tastes. We have stayed in most categories of the cabins that Princess offers and found the service to be equally wonderful no matter what the price of the cabin.

We enjoy the fact that the cruises are not party ships that have an abundance of young boozers. We find the people who choose Princess to be congenial and friendly.

But, primarily, it is how Princess has responded to unexpected medical needs of my mother on one cruise, and how kind and attentive they were to us when we took our 13 month old grand daughter on another cruise. In both instances they went out of their way (it seemed to us) to provide memorable care and service to us. We appreciate it, and want to show our appreciation by our loyalty to the Princess Cruiseline.

• 2 weeks later...

We just finished our 6th cruise with Princess and have loved everyone of them. From the first person I come into contact with, which is usually my room steward (they have always made my cruise great) to each and everyone person on the ship, they truly care that you have a great time.

We just got off our last cruise...Alaska, I thought I would be retired when we did this trip...WOW I'm glad I didn't wait. I also just booked our next cruise today (w/princess) in Dec on the Grand with our boys for Christmas. I know this sounds corny but I feel I have "escaped completely" on each and everyone of the cruises we've taken with Princess. We have cruised Carnival twice and I will not go back (unless its for work), we are loyal to Princess and will be.

For us, it's all about value. More than just price, it's what we get for what we pay. And it's hard to beat all the OBCs and the Elite Captain's Circle benefits we get on Princess. In addition, Princess does many things well, a couple VERY well, and now (with the new smoking policy! :D), only one poorly: the size of their theaters and entertainment venues.

We have cruised on other lines , but always come back to Princess. For us it is a good fit.

Like other posters, Price, Itinerary, service, anytime dining , ship layout and great staff.

We find the food as good or better than ther other lines we have cruised on, and the entertainment good and varried with options available in different areas of the ship. It is not a party ship but , we don't want a party type of ship , so it works for us.

Just wish we could cruise more often, the longer the cruise the better I like it. Counting the days till our next cruise in Nov. :)

Cori

I have never cruised on Princess but am taking the plunge August 20 on the Coral...enticed by the itinerary, the beautiful ships with their tastefully designed interiors and the plethora of dining and entertainment options.

My confidence in my brilliant choice is reinforced by the myriad enthusiastic and fair-minded informative posts by the great people who take the time to share their knowledge on this board.

Dummies they ain't !

Norris

We took the Coral to Alaska a couple of years ago. She (and her sister the Island Princess) are our favorite ships. Not too large, not too small, and quite elegant, with wonderful crew. You will thoroughly enjoy her.

We have only cruised on Princess so I have no other cruise line experiences to draw from, but the reason we have stayed with Princess is that we enjoyed it from day one, the overall atmosphere and experience and are reluctant to try anything else!

Mike

When you compare price, itenary, food, service, age of fleet, age of passengers plus much more they just do an overall great job. We have been on 34 cruises on Carnival, Holland, Norwegian, Royal Caribean and Windstar. We have been on 13 with Princess with no 14 in October of this year. You will be plased.

Great food, great company, no worries, nice locations, a stress free experience where we can enjoy ourselves and let the cares melt away. Treated like royalty! I'm a rookie cruiser, and Princess has been our only cruise line to date experienced, but why change if I'm happy with the product?

Archived