Quest game

Not necessarily enforced, but it should be at least enforced for 16+. Some of the things said/done just aren't necessary to be seen or heard by a 10 yr old. Regardless of how "mature" their parent thinks they are, it really is an adult game/show. It's like the adult comedy shows we've been to when the comedian's will sometimes go over the top when there's an underage child just to get the parents attention.

Thanks for the information. I have been to the quest game many of times and think it is hilarious. We are going on AOS next March and my boys will be 17 and 18 just wanted some opionions. I think they will love it....

Depends on the ship/CD whether age limit is enforced. Have had Quests where they were carding people at the door. If you weren't 18, you weren't getting in. Others they didn't enforce it at all, and parents allowed their kids to come in and sit right up front.:rolleyes:

To be very honest, The Quest is an ADULT game. That is what it is billed as, and that is what the participants expect it to be played as. I don't think that it is fair to the other adult participants if they have to 'tone down' the game due to minors being present. I know, some parents will say that no one needs to change the tenor of the event due to their minor children, but in reality, people do change the atmosphere when kids are present.

Adults can not go to the teen club and disco, so minor children - even those that are 16 and 17 should not be allowed to attend this adult event.

Majesty 2009 Quest there was a young kid (9-11 age) sitting with his dad right next to me and the group I was in. We needed a man's t-shirt or something and I had NO boys on my team. I asked the kid if I could borrow his sweater and he handed it to me. His dad grabbed it out of my hand and handed it back to the kid and gave me a look like I should die or something! I looked that father straight in the face and told him, if you dont like this.. wait... it's going to get worse. I turned around to scrable for my item and when I looked back they were both gone.

The dad made me feel like I was a jerk for asking his kid to borrow the sweater.. not cool in my book.

I've seen them enforce it and I've seen them ignore it. We moved seats once because a couple had their children (around 11-12). We had been to the Quest before and we just felt it would bother us to sit next to these children and get full enjoyment out of the Quest. For heaven's sake...I'm no prude, but use some common sense, folks. It's an ADULT game. Please let the adults enjoy it.

This has been a very interesting topic. Not in a million years would I allow a child to watch or particpate this game. With that said, I will allow my very mature 17 1/2 and 18 1/2 year old boys sit in the back of the room and enjoy a good laugh. Thank you for all your opinions. ;)

This has been a very interesting topic. Not in a million years would I allow a child to watch or particpate this game. With that said, I will allow my very mature 17 1/2 and 18 1/2 year old boys sit in the back of the room and enjoy a good laugh. Thank you for all your opinions. ;)

if one is 18, why not get him in the mix. awesome game to be a part of.

I'm looking forward to my first cruise in September and have done a search and read this entire thread and still don't know what "Quest" is other than it's for adults. Can someone elaborate for the uninitiated?

But, that would ruin all the fun -- being "uninitiated" is what Quest is all about! ;) :p

Why don't we have any rights any more??? Why do people feel that rules are not made for them?? If it's an adult game how dare you bring your underage child to it! If you have young kids there are just things that you should not expect to do with them. I resent the fact that fun adult activities have to be dumbed down because some think that they can make their own rules. Just selfish in my mind.

But, that would ruin all the fun -- being "uninitiated" is what Quest is all about! ;) :p

Yes!

Hate it when there is a thread with this subject and someone decides that it would be clever to give the entire game away--from start to finish--ruining it for any first timer.

Archived