How many Princess Captain Circles members ARE there?

remydiva

On our last cruise, the S/B Alaska on the Island Princess June 8-15, 2011, at the Captain Circle cocktail party, the captain said, I think, that they had just passed the mark of 11 MILLION Captain Circle members! :eek:

If that is so, that seems like an incredible number especially given that on our cruise, there were 'only' 450+ Captain circle members so that would mean about 1500 Newbies.

I wondered if that number included all the repeat cruisers in the entire Carnival family including Carnival, Costa, Cunard, HAL, Seabourn, etc.

Does anyone know for sure? :confused:

For some reason - one way Alaskan cruisers are full of newbies.

You get people who the "only cruise they will ever go on are Alaska land and cruise tour" and this seems to be the only cruise they take their entire life.

I always make the most traveled parties in Alaska, rarely elsewhere.

-------

That number is just Princess/P&O cruisers as the other brands have different clubs...

11 million members of Captains Circle..I believe it ! We have been Elite for a while now and only got to the Most Travelled luncheon once, on Sun Princess around Australia in 2008. Can you believe only 20 Elites on board out of 2000 pax, so Platinums made up the numbers.

If you are on a ship with 99% Aussies and you are Elite, you have a fair chance of making the nice luncheon. If on a ship with 99% Americans, no chance. Unless you have around 300 + days up. That is what I found anyway.

The most travelled luncheon is excellent, I think they invite 40.

for some reason - one way alaskan cruisers are full of newbies.

You get people who the "only cruise they will ever go on are alaska land and cruise tour" and this seems to be the only cruise they take their entire life.

I always make the most traveled parties in alaska, rarely elsewhere.

-------

that number is just princess/p&o cruisers as the other brands have different clubs...

we noticed this too on our alaskan cruise in 2006. At the repeaters' party there were maybe a handful of elites, maybe 40 platinums and a couple hundred golds with the rest being newbies.

On our last cruise, the S/B Alaska on the Island Princess June 8-15, 2011, at the Captain Circle cocktail party, the captain said, I think, that they had just passed the mark of 11 MILLION Captain Circle members! :eek:

If that is so, that seems like an incredible number especially given that on our cruise, there were 'only' 450+ Captain circle members so that would mean about 1500 Newbies.

I wondered if that number included all the repeat cruisers in the entire Carnival family including Carnival, Costa, Cunard, HAL, Seabourn, etc.

Does anyone know for sure? :confused:

That sounds about right. Last Dec on Diamond, at the Captains Circle Function they announced that there were over 10 million members.

we noticed this too on our alaskan cruise in 2006. At the repeaters' party there were maybe a handful of elites, maybe 40 platinums and a couple hundred golds with the rest being newbies.

We sail mostly the exotic itineraries on the small ship and find just the opposite. Our last cruise had 500 passengers, 160 were elite, 200 platinum, 80 gold and 60 newbees. You needed 320 days to get to the Most Traveled luncheon.

Just off on a tangent here, but does Princess collect the cocktail party invitations at the door to gauge response from Captain Cirle members re this event?

There is always a huge queue waitng at the door, so I'm guessing these are still popular.

Just off on a tangent here, but does Princess collect the cocktail party invitations at the door to gauge response from Captain Cirle members re this event?

There is always a huge queue waitng at the door, so I'm guessing these are still popular.

On the Emerald in March and April, there was no door...they held it in the Piazza...no invites taken or looked for

On the Emerald in March and April, there was no door...they held it in the Piazza...no invites taken or looked for

The Capt. Circle party, or the cocktail party? I've never not seen a separate CC party. The piazza is open to all.

As an aside, every Princess Cruise that we have taken out of San Juan we have been invited to either the Most Travelled cocktail party or lunch with under 100 days

I guess the Elites don't like to board in SJ.

As an aside, every Princess Cruise that we have taken out of San Juan we have been invited to either the Most Travelled cocktail party or lunch with under 100 days

Our last cruise, we had 294 days and did not make the 320 day cutoff

I have kept mine before, they use the invite to hold a drawing for items(I can't remember if it was wine or champagne or what?)

There is always a line because of the saying hello to the staff(captain,circle host,etc.) I don't think they ever open the doors too early either. I have been on a cruise that they held 3 different timed cocktail parties in 1 night.

We just got home yesterday from our last minute Alaska cruise on the Sapphire. Not only were we invited to the most traveled luncheon, but we were #2!!! It was quite an honor to sit next to the captain at lunch!!:D. On this cruise, 3/4 of the ship were blue cards and there were 50 elites. I doubt that this will happen again in the near future. We only have 303 days and most times we don't even make the top 20.:rolleyes:

We just got home yesterday from our last minute Alaska cruise on the Sapphire. Not only were we invited to the most traveled luncheon, but we were #2!!! It was quite an honor to sit next to the captain at lunch!!:D. On this cruise, 3/4 of the ship were blue cards and there were 50 elites. I doubt that this will happen again in the near future. We only have 303 days and most times we don't even make the top 20.:rolleyes:

Congratulations Meredith on #2 - we were only #5 on our Alaskan cruise last year. How'd ya'll make out on Trivia? Any new prizes?

The Capt. Circle party, or the cocktail party? I've never not seen a separate CC party. The piazza is open to all.

Yes Pia, I'm referring to the Captain's Circle cocktail party where they serve drinks and nibblies. I was aware of the collection of invitations for the draw for the bottles of champage, but thought they might be used to accounting purposes, i.e. does everyone who gets an inviation go to these gatherings?

For some reason - one way Alaskan cruisers are full of newbies.

You get people who the "only cruise they will ever go on are Alaska land and cruise tour" and this seems to be the only cruise they take their entire life.

I always make the most traveled parties in Alaska, rarely elsewhere.

We made the most traveled cruisers party on our Alaskan cruise with only 90 days of cruising with Princess. There were only about 50 cabins on the ship (Island Princess) with Platinum or above passengers.

And remember, after a cruise, every adult on board will now be a Captain's Circle member, so it is easy to see how the numbers can add up quickly. I can believe over 11 million by now. But I'm not doing the math (# ships x #cruises per year x # passengers x % of new passengers x # of years Princess (or P&O/Sitmar/one or two others) have been cruising. Suffice it to say they have and the answer is... _________

Last week on the Golden I attended the Captains Circle (very watered down, pretty sure there wasnt a drop of alcohol in the drink) Cocktail Party.

The most traveled was a gal from Japan with 954 days. There were only 34 of us Elite on board, and not alot of platinum.

They collected the invitations to draw for champagne, giving away 3 bottles. The captains young son helped with the drawings, he wanted to keep drawing so they gave away 4 bottles. :)

The hors d'oeuvres were so nasty. :eek: They had some little cheese filled bread sticks that like the cocktails were missing the key ingredient.

I just got off the Emerald and they did hold the Captain Circle Party in the Piazza. It was a joke. Everyone on the ship was there, it was so crowded you never even got to see the captain and this cruise had more first time cruisers than I have ever seen. So many in fact, that I made it to the Captains Most Travelled Passenger Party and I only have 19 cruises. It certainly took any feeling of being "special" away.

Hey, congratulations! Wasn't that fun? Especially the ongoing pouring of wine. You just never know. ;) Now you have started your collection of paperweights.

Thanks Tina and Pia for the congrats!! It REALLY was fun. Everything was on Friday: The luncheon at 12:00, the wine tasting at 3:00, the cocktail party at 5:00. They only had one CC party as there were so few CC members, so we had to put on our formal attire and be at Club Fusion at 4:45 and then wait around until our late dining at 7:45. Bob was not a happy camper wearing his tux all that time!!

As for trivia, we only played twice and tied for 1st place on the first go around. Prizes were: a hat, a fan to wear around your neck, a little flashlight keychain, and keychain hooks to put on your belt loop. The second time we played we came in 1st also. However, we had NO competition because everyone was off the ship (Skagway) and we had time for trivia before our tour. It was pretty funny, but JJ (nice kid) held it anyway and gave out prizes to the four of us. This time the prizes were: water bottles and more of those hook keychains. :)

I'm still working on Bob for the April 15th cruise. I noticed that the price dropped quite a bit.:rolleyes:

Archived