What would you do if you knew your cabin was below the "party cabin"?

I just found this information on another section of Cruise Critic, and I must say I was a little "dismayed". We booked our cruise 13 months ahead of the sale date. We picked the most romantic time of the year. We booked our FAVORITE cabin. We were so excited. Then I just read this on another part of this site. ( I have changed the cabin numbers hoping to maintain annonimity.)

"Ok....I have changed my cabin!! I am now in an Owner's Suite, cabin XXXX! My girlfriend (whom I grew up with) and her hubby are in XXXX and she talked me into getting the OS right next to her. Oh...and my girlfriend's parents (more fun people!!) booked the Royal Suite!! Fortunately, they do not have young kids so whomever is in the JS on deck 9 right under the RS (I forgot who here took that one), is in luck!! You should not hear many late night parties!! However....if anyone is under XXXX or XXXX, not sure I can say the same!! LOL ;)

Come on everyone....Party in my cabin!!!!! :D "

And lo and behold, most people on the thread have been taking them up on the offer of "party in their cabin". The problem is WE are the cabin below. NO we are not going up to party. We were looking forward to a nice romantic cruise. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would you stay in a cabin knowing the Royal Suite cabins above were planning on being the place to be for the cruise?

Just wondering......

I think I'd connect with them and get to know them just enough to have built a friendly relationship with them, so that IF you end up being disturbed enough by the partying, they'll be receptive to your requests to tone it down.

Always try the honey before the vinegar. :)

If you know that it is going to bug you at this point, then move your cabin. But then, you also don't know what it going to happen above or below you.. so I would grin and bare it.

Call front desk if its 12am or later, and they will break up the party.

(Or I hope they would)

Good luck and have a good trip!

I would bet anything that it is all just "talk". My guess is that the parties will never happen and you will be fine in your original cabin.

As someone else said, if there does turn out to be an issue, call security and I am sure it will be taken care of.

But most importantly, don't stress out about something that might happen. Deal with it if and when it does. Just go and enjoy your cruise.

I would not worry about being under a "party" cabin. There really is not much noise that comes through the ceiling. We were under Bolero's lounge on Majesty once. We could definitely hear the music but it was not so loud that we couldn't sleep. I can't imagine any one cabin being louder than Bolero's. If your FAVORITE cabin happens to be under a "party" cabin, don't let the party spoil your vacation. Keep your FAVORITE cabin and ignore the party.

I am going to point out a few things I have noticed, which may be met with agreement or disagreement.......but, here goes:

1. This cruise is sailing to/from New Orleans during Mardi Gras. A bunch of people are on this ship b/c they will stay in NO afterwards for Fat Tuesday. B/C of that, I am thinking there might be a bunch of partiers on this ship regardless of where you stay, go, etc. Just b/c they are on the ship and not in NO doesn't mean they will stop partying. If you change rooms, you could end up next to, under, over another party room (that may be worse than the original one you are concerned with).

2. Original poster-you seem to be concerned with being under this room and if you are worrying about it now you will worry about it on the cruise and every little noise you hear may upset you. (I am like this unfortunately). So on the other flip side of the statement above, I think I would look into changing my room.

3. It is very obvious which room #'s and which cruise you are concerned about. A 5 second search and some of us were able to figure it out. That being said, go back to that thread and research what you can about the entire group (even though they represent a small percentage of cabins on this cruise) on that thread and see if you can narrow down some more room #'s from that group and try and avoid those areas. Also, if you are booked through a TA, call them up and talk with them. I would also ask if she can tell you (not that they really can but in a roundabout way maybe he/she can) what areas to stay away from or what areas to stay in. i.e. "are there cabins booked above me/near me/under me in a group". This may help, but in a roundabout way about where you might want to stay.

4. If you don't like any of these suggestions and want to stay in your "FAVORITE" cabin, then I would pack some ear plugs, go on your cruise and enjoy yourself!!:D

(oh and hope the poster who you are concerned about doesn't read this thread or they will probably make sure to make lots of noise (another thing I think I might do if I were them)------sorry, I just couldn't resist;))

it really depends on who is in the RS above you...we were under it twice...one time was so horrible we honestly wanted to get off the ship....the other time we heard the piano for exactly 5 minutes the 1st day and never heard another peep from above....

as a rule though, i personally would not book under there again....if people are being loud, you'll hear it...we also heard what sounded like Riverdance coming through the ceiling via the marble floor.....

again my experience only.....

I agree with dodgersmom...They are likely all talk. Probably they are just really excited to be going on this cruise as anyone in their right mind would be. If things do get out of control you will just have to make a citizens arrest and confiscate their hard liquor!

I would probably change. Not so much because of noise in my cabin, but I like to sit out on the balcony and relax. If they were going to be out on the balcony making a lot of noise (and I knew there was a chance of this beforehand), it would bother me. I've been in a room next to someone that was on their balconies talking on a cell phone ALL THE TIME and it was just distracting and not relaxing.

If you don't change, you will be looking or listening for them now. :rolleyes:

I've been next door to the "party cabin" on a past cruise but didn't know it when I booked. We were on a port-intensive Med cruise and booked an aft cabin. We ended up next door to a group of Italians who were onboard with several other people and booked the cabin specifically to party. They weren't interested in the ports at all. The first night we got back to the cabin around midnight and they had loud music and probably 20 people on the balcony. We could hear the music and talking clearly in our cabin with all the doors closed. I knocked on their door to ask if they would quiet things down since hubby and I had a 7:15 AM tour. They pretended not to speak English (I say pretended because I heard someone speaking English to the cabin steward earlier that day) and slammed the door at me. I called security, who came within 10 minutes and told them to be quiet. About 15 minutes after security left, the party started up again so I called security again. I think security made most of the people leave that time since the party quieted down after the second visit. Almost every night we had to call security 1-2 times to have the party broken up. Since I had knocked on their door initially, the people knew we were the ones calling security so they retaliated by dumping their ashtrays and beer cans and bottles onto our balcony every day.

If you know in advance that someone plans to have a party in their cabin every night and you believe it will really bother you, I would book another cabin. It's annoying to have to call security every night. If the group finds out who called, then they could retaliate, possibly with more than just ashes and beer cans. The partying could be just talk, but if you think it isn't then you have to make a choice - change cabins or deal with the party.

I appreciate all of the input. I guess I did not realize how easy it was to find the cruise in question, with all the cruises and all the cabins that are available. Live and learn.

I did not think about, or even consider Mardi Gras when I booked the cruise or the cabin. I have not been to Mardi Gras, and, until reading some of the posts here, I didn't even know when it was. I was thinking more about how cool it would be to cruise down the river since I had not ever been to that port, and was really excited to find my favorite cabin available for this cruise. Add on Valentine's day and it was perfect.. But, I think it is better to change cruise dates then to keep a cabin below a group that announces the fact the the cabin below them is "just not that lucky" I don't think it would have made a difference if they read this post or not.

I have been on many cruises, and have had wonderful times. I have met a lot of terrific people. I do not go out of my way to make those around me uncomfortable. Either in my daily life, or on my vacations.

Since I had knocked on their door initially, the people knew we were the ones calling security so they retaliated by dumping their ashtrays and beer cans and bottles onto our balcony every day.

Um, that sucks, how nasty of them.

I think I would look at changing cabins while you can. Yes, it might just be excited chatter, but you will spend the next few months/weeks worrying about it instead of joyful anticipation.

Sometimes too much information is not a good thing.

Does your cruise line have an equivalent to Carnival's Cove balconies? They're the only balconies I know of that make it impossible to interfere with your balcony privacy (or dump ashtrays, cigarettes, etc. onto your balcony) since they're completely separate. Just a thought ...

Doesn't address the noisy above, adjacent to, or below your cabin, but at least your balcony would be protected.

I've shied away from booking any cabin contiguous to the Royal Suite on any RC ship, ever since I learned that they all have grand pianos as a cabin feature! :eek:

Over the years I have read that the Royal Suite's are not a good cabin to be under. I guess having a party is common. Of coures, in my opinion it depends who is staying in the cabin.

Personally, the stress of figuring out whether to chance it would take the fun out of vacation-anticipation for me.

I'm a light sleeper, and usually ear-plugs can do the trick. You can also bring along a white-noise machine. I've used both of those together to block noise from my upstairs apartment neighbors.

Either way, have fun!!!

If it is causing you any stress I would say change your room as soon as you can. Their posts could be recruiting for more people to party.

Maybe RCCL can recommend a quieter location.

Don't let it take away from your experience. Have a fabulous vacation.

If it is causing you any stress I would say change your room as soon as you can. Their posts could be recruiting for more people to party.

Don't let it take away from your experience. Have a fabulous vacation.

I agree. if is bothering you enough to post, it is reason enough to change cabins. there is no guarantee your new cabin won't be next to or under another party cabin or next to crying twin babies with colic, for that matter, but take another swing at it.

Archived