Do you ever NOT go into a port?

warmwinds

Some ports, especially in the Caribbean, we've been to so many times we're either sick of them or didn't care for them to begin with.

Do you still make an effort to at least walk around the town, or go to a beach, or are you perfectly happy just staying on board? Do you feel that you "missed" anything if you stay on board?

Is it like a sea day, just with fewer people?

Some ports, especially in the Caribbean, we've been to so many times we're either sick of them or didn't care for them to begin with.

Do you still make an effort to at least walk around the town, or go to a beach, or are you perfectly happy just staying on board? Do you feel that you "missed" anything if you stay on board?

I try to find an internet hot spot or cafe in town and catch up on the world with my netbook.

I will always get off the ship, even if for only a half hour to walk around the port. There are certain ports where we know we like the beaches, so we'll take a taxi over for a few hours, but often we spend the majority of the day on the ship, enjoying the pool :)

When we have been to a port & exhausted seeing or doing the best things ,we will stay on the ship & enjoy it's amenities;):D.

We have done the Mexican Riviera & Gulf of Mexico 16 times ,so we never get off the ship.Thus ,we have found great value in Carnival verandas for these itineraries ;because when in port ,we have pool time ,ie (we are not Carnival fans in general --it is just that X doesn't do the Mexico cruises on the West Caost:o.

We have also been to the Caribbean many times & the same goes here for the above;)

Now Europe is a different story ;as we have only done Europe twice:p

Last September I sailed Solstice to the Caribbean and never got off

the ship. Did I feel like I missed anything? Nope, not in the least.

I have been to the ports many times and having the ship nearly

empty? Fine with me;)

I am going on Eclipse next month and don't plan to leave the ship

this trip either. A week of relaxtion.....ahhhhhhhh:)

On our last two Caribbean cruises we choose one day to stay on the ship. I think we'll try and do that in the future as well especially on itineraries that are pretty busy and have several consecutive port days. It is a vacation and we need to relax a bit as this cruising stuff can be quite tiring!

Absolutely - do it all the time. Pretty sure I'm staying on board for our one and only Millie stop in Cozumel. How many times can one really see Cozumel (8 times so far for me)... unless my friend coerces me to do the quick shopping thing.

We stay on board at Mexican ports.......seen enough of them......and have no interest is seeing any more of it.....

That's because you love cruising and live on the west coast. The same applies to living on the East Coast and cruising The caribbean. It's time to cruise to new areas. But....If it were up to me, I'd hop on every cruise ship that stops in San Diego and I wouldn't care where it went. Just love to cruise.

We often stay on board. On our last back-to-back on Solstice a year ago, we did not get off the ship for the first leg, and I only got off in Puerto Rico in order to find a CVS pharmacy (we had planned a day or so off ship in the second leg, but my wife's back went out). Did not really mind 14 days aboard. As far as I am concerned, the ship is destination #1, and ports are second to that.

I used to think "I must get off and at least say I've been there", but now am quite happy to stay on the ship when in port. I'm using cruises more and more as a bit of r & r and really enjoy it when there's few people around on a port day. On a recent trip I was happy to walk off mid-morning for an amble around town and then be back onboard for our lunch. That was a nice compromise.

Phil

I have stayed on the Oasis for one port. It is amazing how many times you can go on different things when the people are gone. Also you can sit and talk to staff about their families. I intend to stay on the Eclipse for at least one or two ports too.

We've stayed on board on our Med' cruises, particularly Livorno and Athens.

These are very popular destination ports for the obvious attractions but we've been to them so many times now it's great to stay on a desserted ship.

we've been to many ports in the Carribean several times but still enjoy going to port. My wife stocks up on cosmetics and just to look around.

we love the Straw Market in Nassau -- it's fun and then have lunch at one of the local restaurants. Then head back to the ship after a couple of hours and enjoy the pool and relaxing.

On our last cruise, we stayed on the ship in Colon, Panama. We had not arranged an excursion of any kind and did not see any areas immediately around the ship that looked worth checking out. It was a very relaxing quiet day. We did have certain areas of teh ship to our selves for a while. Very nice.

Archived