Ironing Room aboard Century

mouseterd1

Really, no ironing room on the Century!...amazing, yet Celebrity wants its guests to look their best for formal nights and dress 'country casual' for the MDR. I guess if they had one iron, they'd have to have 10 for the line ups! and I guess paying them to iron is much better for the bottom line. But come on, even a budget priced hotel room has an iron and the new ones turn off when not in use.

Really, no ironing room on the Century!...amazing, yet Celebrity wants its guests to look their best for formal nights and dress 'country casual' for the MDR. I guess if they had one iron, they'd have to have 10 for the line ups! and I guess paying them to iron is much better for the bottom line. But come on, even a budget priced hotel room has an iron and the new ones turn off when not in use.

Celebrity has never had self-serve laundry and/or irons on their ships.

Try dry cleaner bags when packing. I use this method for all my cruises

and they work fantastically well. Absolutely prevents wrinkles:)

On Princess I iron, on Celebrity and Royal Carib I don't. I've never felt the need to send things out to be ironed because I pack carefully and hang things up as soon as the luggage arrives. No one will be staring at your wrinkles as we are all "in the same boat".

And Cunard is? What a ridiculous response.

Perhaps to you, but criticizing Celebrity because they don't provide the same low end services as a "budget hotel" is what is ridiculous to me. I cruise on Celebrity to pamper myself. Celebrity is about relaxing and being attended to. I would consider staying in "budget hotels" as a way to travel on the cheap, with basic services only, which are provided so the traveler can spend as little money as possible.

Two very different travel experiences for two very different travel reasons. If basic tasks like ironing your own clothes is what you want to do on your vacation, then why not complete the experience by cleaning up your own room and doing your own dishes? :rolleyes:

Perhaps to you, but criticizing Celebrity because they don't provide the same low end services as a "budget hotel" is what is ridiculous to me. I cruise on Celebrity to pamper myself. Celebrity is about relaxing and being attended to. I would consider staying in "budget hotels" as a way to travel on the cheap, with basic services only, which are provided so the traveler can spend as little money as possible.

Two very different travel experiences for two very different travel reasons. If basic tasks like ironing your own clothes is what you want to do on your vacation, then why not complete the experience by cleaning up your own room and doing your own dishes? :rolleyes:

So only budget hotels provide irons? Wow, you have a very strange sense of reality. I've stayed in $2,000 a night suites and I guarantee there was an iron. It's a choice. No one is saying you must iron your clothes on a cruise but believe it or not, somepeople prefer to. And by the way, has Azamara now become Celebrity's Motel 6 cousin? seeing as they have self-serve laundry rooms onboard.

Boy, each to there own here. I'm happy that you feel the way you do, elite and pampered. [perhaps an example of what is so wrong with today's world] I too like fine things in life and have earned my 'silver spoon'. My comment was simply amazement re no irons and about having a choice of what I may wish to do - iron or not. For me, I'd likely quickly iron something rather than all the fuss of the service. If you want to be pampered... be pampered and enjoy! As for your comments about motel 6 and the like, they were totally uncalled for. My comments were about choice of service provided to Celebrity's customers.

So only budget hotels provide irons? Wow, you have a very strange sense of reality. I've stayed in $2,000 a night suites and I guarantee there was an iron. It's a choice. No one is saying you must iron your clothes on a cruise but believe it or not, somepeople prefer to. And by the way, has Azamara now become Celebrity's Motel 6 cousin? seeing as they have self-serve laundry rooms onboard.

Even on Azamara I didn't use the laundry rooms - I sent things out. Boy on a cruise I do not do laundry, ironing etc. It is cheaper on the ship than the cleaners at home.:D

Even on Azamara I didn't use the laundry rooms - I sent things out. Boy on a cruise I do not do laundry, ironing etc. It is cheaper on the ship than the cleaners at home.:D

I don't either ;) but it's nice to have the option if you want to bash a few lumps out. It's always the first thing my husband does..heads down to the laundry room with his shirts. He can't settle until it's done. Strange, I don't have the same addiction to ironing that he does :)

My comment was simply amazement re no irons and about having a choice of what I may wish to do - iron or not.

I suspect that's the issue; you're amazed, yet it's personal preference. For many, there's no need to have an iron, and if you do want it, the service is available. Thus, you have options and there are reasons they don't include it.

The way you worded your post it was as though an absolute essential had been dropped, and the sarcastic commentary about country casual implying that the consequences were greater than they are for the rest of us prompted some to point out that it doesn't have the consequences you stated.

I don't either ;) but it's nice to have the option if you want to bash a few lumps out. It's always the first thing my husband does..heads down to the laundry room with his shirts. He can't settle until it's done. Strange, I don't have the same addiction to ironing that he does :)

My hbby is the same way - unpack and head for an iron! Or on Celebrity, call the room steward for ironing pick-up. And god bless him for it - if I never saw another iron, it would be too soon!

We like having the laundry option on Princess and Cunard, RCI, etc. and have also never considered it a loss on Celebrty - we also like sending out the clothes and having them magically appear, clean and fresh and hanging in the closet. To each their own.

Sorry, not really following the point of your post. You've already stated you don't do laundry while on vacation. Which is of course your choice. I wasn't expecting that to magically change should you decide to sail on Cunard.

I really did have a point that I was trying to make when I posted but upon reading my own post, I can't figure out what it was:confused: Sorry:o I do that when I talk as well:D

It's all this westcoast sunshine, were not used it in October ;). It effects us in strange ways :)

Boy, each to there own here. I'm happy that you feel the way you do, elite and pampered. [perhaps an example of what is so wrong with today's world] I too like fine things in life and have earned my 'silver spoon'. My comment was simply amazement re no irons and about having a choice of what I may wish to do - iron or not. For me, I'd likely quickly iron something rather than all the fuss of the service. If you want to be pampered... be pampered and enjoy! As for your comments about motel 6 and the like, they were totally uncalled for. My comments were about choice of service provided to Celebrity's customers.

Celebrity has made their own business choice based upon what their customers want. You of course can choose not to sail with them which is your choice....

Seems to me there is a heck of a lot more fuss ironing than using the service...

Archived