Pics of Infinity post refurb please

Jborosara

Beth, thanks for the aft photo. Thats us on deck 6! (lowest deck in the photo). Great location.

thanks for posting.

Jim

Jim - Sorry it's not more clear, but it was getting quite dark as we sailed past!

You were in our favorite cabin! Glad we "captured you". :D

This photo was taken as we passed the Infinity on our way out of FLL. Shows the aft with the new AQ cabins.

InfinityRefurb.jpg

Beth, thanks SO much for that picture.

We are in an aft AQ (1138) on the Millennium in the South Seas (2013) and our balcony looks pretty good. However, I think AQ in this location may be a mixed blessing...great balcony, great aft view, some noise from deck below, possible noise from deck above, and a real concern about the rising smoke from the port side of the deck below. I will be really interested to here the experiences of cruisers from these aft cabins. If there is a basketball court above, I sure hope they have installed some superstar soundproofing.

We are likely to be out-and-about the ship until the noise from the deck below dies down in the evening, so that will probably not bother us, and the sunset deck is my DH's favourite spot, so he's loving the idea that he can just pop down the stairs.

All in all, I'm really looking forward to trying out this AQ stateroom and the Solsticized Millennium. I am also on her for 5 days in May 2012, so am really looking forward to seeing the new features of the ship. It will be interesting to see what they do about the storage in the M-Class AQ staterooms.

We are in an aft AQ (1138) on the Millennium in the South Seas (2013) and our balcony looks pretty good. However, I think AQ in this location may be a mixed blessing...great balcony, great aft view, some noise from deck below, possible noise from deck above, and a real concern about the rising smoke from the port side of the deck below. I will be really interested to here the experiences of cruisers from these aft cabins. If there is a basketball court above, I sure hope they have installed some superstar soundproofing.

We are also in 1138, though on the Summit in Feb 2012. As this cabin is more starboard, we are hoping the smoke from the port side will stay on the port side! As for the deck above, I have been told by several Celeb staff that that deck is an observation deck, not a basketball court. And it does not look from these pictures like a bball net is up there. Here's hoping! I'm sure there will be forthcoming feedback, but I'll have my own in early March. Happy travels..... ;)

This photo was taken as we passed the Infinity on our way out of FLL. Shows the aft with the new AQ cabins.

InfinityRefurb.jpg

Thanks for the great photo! It really does a great job showing the new cabins on 11 and a general view of the aft of the ship!!

Edited by fourk9mom
fix a mistake

Jim - Sorry it's not more clear, but it was getting quite dark as we sailed past!

You were in our favorite cabin! Glad we "captured you". :D

gimletgal,

Thanks for the pic.

I cropped your shot a little and added some lighting. If you object to it, I'll remove it.

InfinityRefurb2.jpg

added to this shot, these balconies are starting to take shape.

9323.jpg

I'll be in the near irregular shaped one on the Summit.

I just have to figure out how to get the bucket on the rope from the balcony down to the bartender :D

I'll be in the near irregular shaped one on the Summit.

I just have to figure out how to get the bucket on the rope from the balcony down to the bartender :D

That will be our cabin, too! And you just might be on to something....gives a new meaning to "room service"! :D

We are also in 1138, though on the Summit in Feb 2012. As this cabin is more starboard, we are hoping the smoke from the port side will stay on the port side! As for the deck above, I have been told by several Celeb staff that that deck is an observation deck, not a basketball court. And it does not look from these pictures like a bball net is up there. Here's hoping! I'm sure there will be forthcoming feedback, but I'll have my own in early March. Happy travels..... ;)

You're right about the smoke...probably not much of a problem for 1138. Having said that, this past summer on the Solstice the smoking area on the Sunset deck was on the starboard side, as I had to go there to find my DH, who, sadly, is a smoker.

It looks like a really nice balcony though, and I'm pretty excited about the trip. DH is happy that he can run down the stairs for a cold one, and I hope they have a cappucino machine down there!!

I do wonder why that central aft cabin is popped out as much as it is...kind of interferes with the panoramic view from OUR balcony, unless you are right at the railing :p.

I predict those two rooms closest on the port side will become real unpopular with the people that are bothered by smoke. Talk about not being able to use your balcony, it's setting right above one of the busiest smoking spots on the ship, and the only place where cigars and pipes are smoked. Maybe they could move that to 12.

That will be our cabin, too! And you just might be on to something....gives a new meaning to "room service"! :D

I'm just going in with a different mindset on this cruise. We are going to be more in the "hub" of activity; More noise from below, more noise from above, a waft of smoke now and again, and someone being able to peek up or down at me. I've been in midship balconies that had plenty of these.

I'm looking at the positives; bigger balcony, great views, very quick access to a cocktail with my premium package, maybe some music at night while I sit on my balcony, sun loungers one quick flight upstairs, some people watching, a 100% chance of getting a spot next to the railing for sail-aways, and still paying less for this cabin than CC or a regular veranda.

I'm in.

Why does nobody worry about all the smoke being belched out of the smokestack and the falling soot?? If you can smell smoke from your balcony from the smoking section.....while the ship is sailing.... on that aft balcony then you should really consider boarding the ship in a bubble.

, a 100% chance of getting a spot next to the railing for sail-aways, and still paying less for this cabin than CC or a regular veranda.

I'm in.

I'm confused about the quote paying less than CC or balcony. Aren't AQ more than Concierge Class? Please advise.

Liz

Does anyone have pics of the refurbished suites? We're staying in a royal suite on our upcoming cruise on Summit and would really like to see photos so we can know what to expect.

Also, how are the bathrooms in the suites? Are they getting any major work done?

Thanks!

Why does nobody worry about all the smoke being belched out of the smokestack and the falling soot?? If you can smell smoke from your balcony from the smoking section.....while the ship is sailing.... on that aft balcony then you should really consider boarding the ship in a bubble.

I think its a no win situation. The Starboard side (on the Millie without the AQ floor, has a propensity to smell like barbaquing from the Hamburger station on level 10. Unless they rerouted the exhaust vents and/or the airflow has changed, no side is clear. You inhale smoke on either side. Plus I'm not sure what the noisae polution will be from those huge fans handling air at the bottom of the smoke stacks.

Soot can be an issue on S class ships, but not M class.

We loved our Infinity CS to Alaska two summers ago. It was perfect sitting in that big comfy chair right by the window with a cup of coffee in the morning--so snug and warm looking down at the water and watching the ice flow past. I can't help but think the balcony will take that away. It will still be a great suite (and FANTASTIC for warm weather sailing), but it won't be the one I would choose for Alaska.

Edited by marti2282