Basic, Quick Question

roothy123

I figured I could get an answer quicker by coming here than by browsing O's web site. Here's my easy, basic question:

On Marina, how many reservations can you make at the specialty restaurants (I think there are four?) if you're in a B4 category on a 10 day cruise? Thanks.

Thank you. We have 2 "at sea" days, so we'll shoot for Jacques and Red Ginger on those days and Polo and Toscana on port days. (We've been on Regatta and Insignia, but not Marina!) I'm putting mid-Jan. on my calendar to make reservations when the window opens!

Here are the rules from the Oceania website:

• Your booking must be paid in full.
  • The online dining reservation system closes 14 days prior to your sailing's embarkation date.
  • Owner's and Vista Suites can make reservations 90 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.
  • Penthouse Suites can make reservations 75 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.
  • Concierge Level Veranda staterooms can make reservations 60 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.
  • Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms can make reservations 45 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.

Thus, in a B4 cabin, you may make resevations 45 days prior to embarkation.

Thanks, everyone. I guess I still have a while to wait, but hopefully there will be some good, not too late spots open when I can reserve on line. Just out of curiosity, do any of you know whether there are washing machines on Marina? I just read a review that stated that the Marina didn't have laundry rooms for guests. I was thinking they DID. Does anyone know? I doubt I'll need it, but my husband would like to know!

Whoever said that is smoking! There are laundry rooms on each passenger deck. I'm trying to remember how many machines ... at least two washers and dryers, but I'm thinking maybe it was more. We had no trouble getting a machine when we needed one, but then we pick our times carefully! Usually around cocktail hour.

Mura

I just went to see if I still had the book from the library, but I don't. I think it was a Fodor's book on cruise ports and cruise lines. At least they mentioned Marina, but I guess they didn't do their homework on her too well!

It's nice to know there are washing machines on each passenger deck. The ones on Regatta could get pretty busy if you went during peak times!

There are three sets of machines on each deck. They take 8 quarters to wash and 8 to dry. Reception will give you the 16 quarters and charge it to your account. Soap is available but must be added to the machine, not just push a button as on the R ships.

The one downside we found, at least on the Concierge deck, is that there are no irons.

We tended to use the laundry service as our cruise was port intensive. Wonder why they did not think of a washer/dryer in the fancy suites. More useful than a piano:D

I believe in B4, you get one reservation in each of the restaurants, Polo, Toscana, Jacques and Red Ginger via the internet. These can be made 60 days prior to departure.

Is it one reservation in each restaurant per person or per cabin? Are there times when you can walk in without a reservation? What are the hours for each restaurant? Thanks for the help.

We were just on Marina on the Concierge deck and there were two iron stations in the laundry room on deck 9. They are in a panel on the wall.

Well, it would have been nice if they had labeled them. I thought they were electrical panels. Luckily we had a good credit on board so used the laundry service for shirts, etc.

Is it one reservation in each restaurant per person or per cabin? Are there times when you can walk in without a reservation? What are the hours for each restaurant? Thanks for the help.

1) I think it is per cabin

2)Some people have reported they got reservations by showing up at the specific restaurant but you can always ask at the reservations desk in the morning

3)6:30pm to 9 pm

Is it one reservation in each restaurant per person or per cabin? Each (non-suite) Passenger is guaranteed one reservation per specialty restaurant per cruise. but if Passenger A only uses three, Passenger B cannot pick up the slack (if that is what you are asking).

Are there times when you can walk in without a reservation? Yes, there are always a few slack times, but as they vary greatly, dependent on where the ship is sailing, unless you are the very patient type, I would suggest that you make reservations (except in the Grand Dining Room, where reservations are neither needed nor accepted).

What are the hours for each restaurant? Excepting the pool grill, which closes at 4pm, they all start serving dinner at about 5PM, and 9:30 or 10PM is about as late as you may be seated.

Why would they schedule evening trivia at 8:30? It's not a senior citizen center, it's a cruise line. I seem to recall musical trivia at 10 or 10:30PM.

I don't know why, but that was the time this summer on Marina. Because of the cooler weather in the Baltics, we were not lounging at the pool in the late afternoon after our sightseeing (as usually we were when cruising in the Med). Therefore, there was a lot less personal clean-up needed before dinner :). We ended up dining often before 7 PM because I am a very slow eater who does not enjoy rushing through meals but also very much enjoys trivia. (And we never return from sightseeing in time for the late afternoon game.)

Archived