ABC to air 20/20 special "Cruise Ship Confidential"

I was reading online on ABC News on my phone earlier and they were highlighting stories of passengers lost at sea over the past 10-15 years. It also said watch tonight for more... so im not sure if they are touching on this as well or if it was just something to do with cruises. As a first time cruiser- going next month. Hearing about missing passengers is a bit scary :confused:

I feel like this show is just trying to run a smear campaign on the cruise industry...making it look like everybody on the ships are drunks and beating the crap out of each other...

I, myself, would rather cruise ANY DAY, than go on a land vacation...much safer in my opinion...and the people are much nicer :D

I missed the first 10 minutes but then I saw the part about the alcohol and fighting and drunks in the hallway ! wow, I don't like this at all ! Now talking about man overboard. sheesh I hate for people who have never cruised to be watching this !

*yawn*

a few minutes about the Costa Concordia then an all out slam on cruising in general just as I thought it would be :rolleyes:

blah blah blah, nothing but drunk brawls, people falling overboard and on and on and on

disgusting

I missed the first 10 minutes but then I saw the part about the alcohol and fighting and drunks in the hallway ! wow, I don't like this at all ! Now talking about man overboard. sheesh I hate for people who have never cruised to be watching this !

Yup, they're slamming away. Only ten minutes on Concordia and now it's open season on the industry.

They covered fights, people falling down drunk, and passengers that have gone over board now they're moving on to the crew parties down below. So far I have never witnessed any of the activities presented.

Every time they highlighted something bad they always mentioned Carnival LOL It was a big giant Carnival bashing.

We just dismiss it all....it's just sensationalized news. We don't go clubbing or stay out late, so we've never seen this stuff on any of our cruises. I'm sure it happens though...put alcohol and strangers together and something is bound to happen!

Every time they highlighted something bad they always mentioned Carnival LOL It was a big giant Carnival bashing.

We just dismiss it all....it's just sensationalized news. We don't go clubbing or stay out late, so we've never seen this stuff on any of our cruises. I'm sure it happens though...put alcohol and strangers together and something is bound to happen!

I don't think they mentioned Royal Caribbean once, they named every ship with Carnival, but when with the brilliance disappearance, they didn't say RCL. I like that :p

!

The first fight they showed a clip of was on a RCCL ship

The first fight they showed a clip of was on a RCCL ship

They never said it was an RCI ship but the logo on the glasses and the viking crown lounge gave it away to those who know.

All the FUN ship stuff they showed was also on Oasis/Allure - the true fun ships (from what I hear and see).

Gina

My favorite part? How the guy who got so hammered that he doesn't even remember fallin off the ship manages to present himself as a heroic survivor who was somehow wronged by the big bad cruise line. Funny!

Also, young single cruise ship employees party? Shocking!!!!! ;):D

I don't think they mentioned Royal Caribbean once, they named every ship with Carnival, but when with the brilliance disappearance, they didn't say RCL. I like that :p

They may not have mentioned RCL by name, but one scene did feature a Royal ship - the Oasis - the cameras scanned the boardwalk that included the Seafood Shack as well as a view of the Promenade from deck 6. The ship looked impressive. The show was not very impressive.

My favorite part? How the guy who got so hammered that he doesn't even remember fallin off the ship manages to present himself as a heroic survivor who was somehow wronged by the big bad cruise line. Funny!

Work hard play hard. Who hasn't been in a job like that once in their lives...right? OK, so maybe not everybody.:o

I agree. The guy in the water was amusing. I guess people will admit anything publicly to be on TV.

I had to laugh about the parties. How old do people think the crew members are? Do the viewers think they go below and play trivia and go to scrapbooking classes?

Gina

Archived