Price Drop!! Should we upgrade?

At a minimum, why not contact them (either Royal Caribbean or your travel agent, if you used one) and ask for the lower price. Since you appear to still be before your final payment is due, you should be able to get the price reduction on your existing cabin.

Now, whether you want to upgrade in addition or instead, that's a different question. For me, I'd rather have the price drop so I could spend the additional money on excursions and onboard expenses.

The last time I saw the upgrade fairy was when I fell in the Windjammer and she gave me an upgrade so I wouldn't have to crawl across my bed in my teeny-tiny cabin. Actually, she was a he, and he was the Hotel Manager on the Rhapsody.

Take the upgrade now, because Upgrade Fairy is in semi-retirement. :D

The upgrade fairy is about the same odds as the lottery fairy. They both live in our dreams. I've been upgraded once in 41 cruises. I would call and see what they can do for you as that is a significant price drop. Good luck and have a great cruise.

We were in the same situation as you last fall. We had a nice balcony booked and were perfectly happy with it and then came along the chance to upgrade to a GS at a really reasonable cost. We took the GS and never looked back. Do it! Live large! Who knows when you might ever get the chance for a GS again! :D

We would need to pony up only $400 for the GS or we could lower the cruise price by $600. My thought is to take the price adjustment now and see if the GS price drops even more. But, $600 can sure go a long way on the ship.

I agree $600 is a good chunk of change, sounds like you have a good plan.

I would take the price adjustment instead of upgrading, especially since this is a port-intensive European cruise, rather than one with many sea days. As well, excursions in Europe are very expensive and I'd rather put the money towards that than towards an unnecessary GS.

If you're still outside of final payment date, I'd take the price drop. Not sure if I read your post correctly though. If an upgrade to a GS is only $400 more than your current price, ane the price drop is $600, you can do both. Upgrade and have the remaining $200 credited back to your account. We just did that on an upcoming cruise. Upgrade was less than the price drop, so we upgraded and had the balance credited back to our CC.

Archived