Best Place to stay in FLL before Cruise

mom2dina

We stayed at Springhill Suites Dania Beach. Shuttle to and from airport/cruiseport (complimentary), and hot breakfast in AM. Large rooms and walking distance to shopping center and places to eat. And cost was very reasonable.

I too stayed at the Springhill Suites in Dania beach on my last cruise. It was fantastic. Big rooms with a mini kitchenette. This is a great hotel if you're traveling with a child or 2. You can get a room with 2 double beds and a pull out couch. There is plenty of room

I just booked the Embassy Suites with the free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port. Take another look.:)

We like the Embassy Suites as well, but I don't remember that they had an airport shuttle........I better give them a call.

This is great information as I will be staying one night pre cruise for my Allure sailing in September. I was thinking about Miami, but there are some great hotels right in Fort Lauderdale.

I already looked up the Springhill Suites and I like what I see; will also check out the Embassy Suites.

It would be nice to catch the Oasis sailaway as well.

For me, always the Embassy Suites on 17th.

I have stayed at the Embassy on a few occasions myself. I love the layout of that hotel. It has been awhile since I've been there - 2004 I think. How long does it take to get to the pier from the hotel? I will be staying there in September for my Oasis cruise. Thanks.

I have stayed at the Embassy on a few occasions myself. I love the layout of that hotel. It has been awhile since I've been there - 2004 I think. How long does it take to get to the pier from the hotel? I will be staying there in September for my Oasis cruise. Thanks.

Approx 15 min. Several years ago they did have a shuttle to the port..As some have said maybe they have returned that service..We had a rental car when there in 2009 and those parking fees even for a guest can add up..Loved this hotel enjoy !!!

I just booked the Embassy Suites with the free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port. Take another look.:)

They must have added that since our last stay!

One important reason we love Embassy: we stayed there pre-cruise in August 2011. Towards the end of our cruise, we found out that our flight home was cancelled due to hurricane Irene. After we disembarked the ship, we showed up at Embassy at 7:30am without a reservation. They gave us a room right away and allowed us to partake in the breakfast, without charging us extra. They treated us, and the other hurricane refugees, very well. We finally got a late night flight home the following day, and again, they allowed us a late check out and use of the facilities (including happy hour) for no extra charge. They couldn't have been more accomodating or have provided more friendly service.

We (2 couples) booked the Hyatt 66 for 2 nights through Hotwire. We did get an excellent price and we did read all the reviews that were posted on cruise critic and tripadvisor.

We arrived on Thursday, 2/2/12. The front desk could not find our reservations. We showed her our confirmation letter from Hotwire and her response was "oh you Hotwire people". We tried to stay cool about the comment. She assigned us to the yacht side of the hotel. I had read on cruise critic to ask for the pool side and asked her to change our rooms to that side. The front desk assured us that where she put us was really nice and that we would enjoy the room. We got to our room and it was ok. It was at the very end of the hotel. Our view of the yachts was ok.....nothing special. I believe the pool view is nicer. We were tired so we didn't want to change rooms.

AC in the room is EXTREMELY loud. This was noted in quite a few of the reviews I've read. It is true. You will jump out of your chair if you are sitting on the patio when it goes off. We shut the AC off while we sat out there.

Our rooms were clean and the bathrooms were quite large.

We ate lunch at the Pelican Landing and it was good but not outstanding. It also was quite pricey.

We ate at The Lounge both evenings and really enjoyed the food and our waitstaff. We would highly recommend going there. We had the lobster mac n cheese, sushi, flat bread pizza and burgers. No complaints with any of our items.

The restaurant at the top of the tower was closed for private parties both evenings so we were unable to check out the view.

The pool area is VERY nice and relaxing. Lots of lounge chairs and towels are available. The pool bar/restaurant closed at 6p.m.

I do think Hotwire guests are treated differently and I have posted this on my Hotwire review also. I would book it again but it would be only for one night pre cruise.

We like the Embassy Suites as well, but I don't remember that they had an airport shuttle........I better give them a call.

I just checked , sounded like a good deal, so I did a dummy booking with(includes shuttles)/without cruise pkg. and in order to get the cruise pkg. with shuttles the room is around 25.00 more. So they are not free and its at their pleasure.

Yes, all guests are treated differently.

The more you pay for your room, the better room/view you get.

Someone staying in a corporate room paying full rack rate is probably going to get upgraded for space available to club level or a suite.

That isn't happening to the deeply discounted rooms.

The discounted rooms are distributed accordingly.

However, it is a common myth that hotels keep a group of crummy rooms just to punish hotwire/priceline people. That simply isn't true.

Thanks for coming back with the report.

They must have added that since our last stay!

One important reason we love Embassy: we stayed there pre-cruise in August 2011. Towards the end of our cruise, we found out that our flight home was cancelled due to hurricane Irene. After we disembarked the ship, we showed up at Embassy at 7:30am without a reservation. They gave us a room right away and allowed us to partake in the breakfast, without charging us extra. They treated us, and the other hurricane refugees, very well. We finally got a late night flight home the following day, and again, they allowed us a late check out and use of the facilities (including happy hour) for no extra charge. They couldn't have been more accomodating or have provided more friendly service.

Wow! That's impressive!

I'm old. Does "their the bomb" mean good or bad:p:p:D:D

I think the poster was meaning 'they are or they're' instead of 'their' and the bomb meaning awesome, great, fantastic.:D

We'll be on the Oasis in Sept. 2012 also!! Staying at ES the night before cruising. We are sailing 9/8....you?

I agree Blue Herons. If one is particular about location of a room, view, size of room etc. then using a super discounted site isn't the way to go.

Standard rooms go to MOST Pl or HW booked reservations. It's a fact. Sounds like the OP got a standard room and basically it was an okay stay for them.

When I didn't show up on the computer, I have heard front desk clerks say something like,"Hmm..let me check our third party bookings." I don't take offense to it. It makes it easier for the management to make sure the premium rooms are given to the people that have paid the most. And I know when I pay hotel direct rates, I expect that privledge. But if it is said snidely, then I guess I'd say something in the hotel critique cards, often left in the rooms.

Glad you posted your review. I'm sure others planning a stay there are appreciative. Your review was a fair assesment. :)

We booked with Priceline. We paid a few dollars more than most people who have posted getting rooms for $70 a night. We asked for and were given a tower room. It was a beautiful room, everything brand new. Not a wonderful view as we were on the the third floor but we were very happy. So. This makes me wonder if it is not the fact that you used PL or HW that is the deciding factor but the amount you paid. The front desk staff, in fact all the staff, that we had contact with were extremely helpful and pleasant. We would stay again.

We booked with Priceline. We paid a few dollars more than most people who have posted getting rooms for $70 a night. We asked for and were given a tower room. It was a beautiful room, everything brand new. Not a wonderful view as we were on the the third floor but we were very happy. So. This makes me wonder if it is not the fact that you used PL or HW that is the deciding factor but the amount you paid. The front desk staff, in fact all the staff, that we had contact with were extremely helpful and pleasant. We would stay again.

That's exactly it.

Archived