2013/2014 Deployment Schedule(for bookings)

PH8

I really dont know what to tell you....I am not able to access any bookings for that cruise either.........give it a few days and try calling again......if it does make you feel better,book the JW......you could always just book it in one name for now,so it doesnt tie up much money..

I think there was a thread about that Brilliance 4/6/13 cruise and it was chartered by a swingers or nudist bunch. They were changing their dates from a previous date to the 6th. Something like that anyway. I may be wrong but I think it is chartered or trying to be chartered.

Thanks for referencing, I was having a devil of time finding the Bmore cruises.

We are interested in going in early August on a

7 night Bermuda cruises.....

sea day

Kins Wharf(over night 2 nights)

2 sea days

Any insight on sailing dates? We are doing Bahamas at Thanksgiving so would defintely prefer to go back to Bermuda next Summer (early August) before our boy returns to school.

Thanks.

August 7th and 23th,.

I think there was a thread about that Brilliance 4/6/13 cruise and it was chartered by a swingers or nudist bunch. They were changing their dates from a previous date to the 6th. Something like that anyway. I may be wrong but I think it is chartered or trying to be chartered.

EXACTLY! Which is why I can't understand why the RCCL reservations (including C&A) can't help me move this reservation! If it's happening, I want to go! If it's not happening, I want to hear what compensation they will offer me for the fact that they booked a charter and removed this sailing for me. KWIM? Just give me some facts!

Anyway, Kathy... thank you so much for the tip to book using only one name, especially since I'm booking 2 staterooms. I never thought about just putting a single name on the reservation to help with the deposit requirements. Although my DH said that he's not too worried about tying up the money for multiple deposits, given that we aren't getting that much benefit by having the money in the bank... that's for sure.

I just want to know my sailing dates so that I can book the other necessities of travel... hotel, air fare, shore excursions! We're talking about a sailing that is less than a year away!

I feel sorry for Linda!

EXACTLY! Which is why I can't understand why the RCCL reservations (including C&A) can't help me move this reservation! If it's happening, I want to go! If it's not happening, I want to hear what compensation they will offer me for the fact that they booked a charter and removed this sailing for me. KWIM? Just give me some facts!

Anyway, Kathy... thank you so much for the tip to book using only one name, especially since I'm booking 2 staterooms. I never thought about just putting a single name on the reservation to help with the deposit requirements. Although my DH said that he's not too worried about tying up the money for multiple deposits, given that we aren't getting that much benefit by having the money in the bank... that's for sure.

I just want to know my sailing dates so that I can book the other necessities of travel... hotel, air fare, shore excursions! We're talking about a sailing that is less than a year away!

I feel sorry for Linda!

Thanks; it's mutual.

If our cruises are lost due to a charter, what compensation do they typically offer? Does the passenger have to negotiate that?

Linda

Does anyone know about the Jewel cruises in June 2013 or westbound Jewel Trans. for 2013? Thank you in advance.

The JW Jun 2013 cruises are available to see on http://www.rccl.com It will be going out of San Juan May 2013 year round......so no transatlantic that year for JW..........however,the Brilliance will be doing one Aug 31,2013..also available online now..

Thanks; it's mutual.

If our cruises are lost due to a charter, what compensation do they typically offer? Does the passenger have to negotiate that?

Linda

Right! Misery loving company and all that.

So, I called into C&A (again!) and just got a bizarre conversation. The bottom line is: when they don't know anything, they don't know anything.

So, I just went into the website and took a look at all the n/a bookings surrounding my booked week; there are a LOT of n/a bookings starting on Mar 27th forward. In fact, the RCCL reservationist told me that the reason that my week was showing n/a MIGHT be because they are using that week as a change-over booking week; in other words, it looks like they are not wanting to do 7-nite sailings out of the Guadeloupe port and have removed all of them from the Mar 27th date forward, so they might be trying to move passengers to depart out of San Juan. She said that she was just guessing.

HOWEVER, I did ask her what compensation might be and the times, etc., and she said.... there would be a possibility of moving my reservation from Brilliance to the Jewel... EXCEPT... if I have already booked on the Jewel, then they wouldn't honor any offered compensation; in other words, if I'm proactive about trying to save my family's vacation, then RCCL doesn't take any responsibility for removing one of my options. SO, she said that the only thing that I could do... is wait... and wait... and wait... to see what/if anything RCCL was going to do with that week. Right now, because there's no information, there's no telling whether the week will continue as planned, or be cancelled. So anything that I do will simply lessen my chances of "hitting the chartered ship lottery." In fact, that's the way she stated it... whatever...

I just made myself more confused by making the phone call. But, in answer to your question, I think that RCCL has an "idea" of what they hope people will settle for as compensation for changing a booked reservation; ultimately, they will only do whatever they will do and their trump card is always "refund the money."

So, I called into C&A (again!) and just got a bizarre conversation. The bottom line is: when they don't know anything, they don't know anything.

So, I just went into the website and took a look at all the n/a bookings surrounding my booked week; there are a LOT of n/a bookings starting on Mar 27th forward. In fact, the RCCL reservationist told me that the reason that my week was showing n/a MIGHT be because they are using that week as a change-over booking week; in other words, it looks like they are not wanting to do 7-nite sailings out of the Guadeloupe port and have removed all of them from the Mar 27th date forward, so they might be trying to move passengers to depart out of San Juan. She said that she was just guessing.

HOWEVER, I did ask her what compensation might be and the times, etc., and she said.... there would be a possibility of moving my reservation from Brilliance to the Jewel... EXCEPT... if I have already booked on the Jewel, then they wouldn't honor any offered compensation; in other words, if I'm proactive about trying to save my family's vacation, then RCCL doesn't take any responsibility for removing one of my options. SO, she said that the only thing that I could do... is wait... and wait... and wait... to see what/if anything RCCL was going to do with that week. Right now, because there's no information, there's no telling whether the week will continue as planned, or be cancelled. So anything that I do will simply lessen my chances of "hitting the chartered ship lottery." In fact, that's the way she stated it... whatever...

I just made myself more confused by making the phone call. But, in answer to your question, I think that RCCL has an "idea" of what they hope people will settle for as compensation for changing a booked reservation; ultimately, they will only do whatever they will do and their trump card is always "refund the money."

OMG What a run-around.

I know I would get my money refunded (deposit only so far) but what "perk $$$" would they offer? Have you ever heard of someone getting a cancelled cruise credit in a specific amount?

I'd much rather have my cruises as planned!

Linda

anyone have the link showing when ships are going into dry dock, and what there having added/redone? Ive looked through about 20 pages and cant find it anywhere, but I know i have seen it on this thread!!!

It's not too far back - right here.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=33779979

I hope this link works. Things are done a bit differently from my phone. Just click the link in that post and it will take you to the revitalization schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG What a run-around.

I know I would get my money refunded (deposit only so far) but what "perk $$$" would they offer? Have you ever heard of someone getting a cancelled cruise credit in a specific amount?

I'd much rather have my cruises as planned!

Linda

I have been the "victim" of a redeployed cruise.......was booked on a JW 5 nighter.....they changed it to a 4 nighter so they could rearrange the schedule for a charter.anyway,I had the choice of:

Keeping the new shortened cruise.

or

booking another JW cruise for that month with my rates protected

Or

Book any RCCL at the current price

Plus they gave everyone a $100 OBC per cabin($200 for suites) regardless of which option you picked.

We rebooked on another JW for the same month..

I have been the "victim" of a redeployed cruise.......was booked on a JW 5 nighter.....they changed it to a 4 nighter so they could rearrange the schedule for a charter.anyway,I had the choice of:

or

Or

Plus they gave everyone a $100 OBC per cabin($200 for suites) regardless of which option you picked.

Thanks, Kathy--

or

Or

The same thing happened to us on Mariner. We were on the Mexican riviera cruise out of California that was turned into a repositioning cruise when they took her away from CA. They offered us a cruise out of Galveston of all places, and $200 OBC. There was no chance I was flying to Texas for a Caribbean cruise when they are plentiful in FL. They said I could pick a different cruise at the current rate and keep the OBC. We picked RD out of Tampa and got a great price, too.

It makes me want to guess which ship might be redeployed and book it. :D

Gina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How ironic! The only time I have ever emailed Adam G. was when RCL created those ridiculous itineraries for Brilliance, where you could board in either Guadeloupe or San Juan. Not only did they eliminate Dominica (as everyone knows by now, a fave of mine), but they replaced it with what is reported to be a VERY EXPENSIVE and not particularly cruise-passenger-friendly port of call. I have to assume the Guadeloupe embarkation/debarkation somehow made things easier for European customers, by allowing them to book using Euros. Perhaps it also somehow facilitated the customs process by allowing Europeans to board at a European-owned port. (Guadeloupe is French) But there were very few excursions available on the island - cruise ship or private - and what was available was VERY pricey. I read that the port was not keen on accepting US$, which caused issues for American passengers. Converting money for a SINGLE port of call is a HUGE inconvenience. And the Radiance ships out of San Juan are known to be popular B2B cruises. How many passengers wanted to stop in Guadeloupe twice?? I feel kind of vindicated about sending that silly email to AG now. Apparently the experiment was a dismal failure. I'm a stock-holder, so I certainly don't want RCL to FAIL! But I'm personally happy that THIS experiment did! I'm MUCH happier with the NEW Radiance ship itineraries out of San Juan!

Just talked to C&A about Brilliance Canada/New England for Sept '13. Was told they don't know when the itineraries will be released. Ugh!! :confused: Am I surprised? Not really........

Kathy - or anyone else with access to Cruisingpower. Are you seeing them? If so.....what's you best guess about release time to the general public? I have my crystal ball out and dusted off but it just isn't seeing anything.

Well our cruise that was showing up as a N/A sailing on April 17,2013 has now been completely taken off the website. Also, I am not able to access my reservation on the RCI site. I am guessing that it will be a no go? Anyone have any idea what will be the next step? Any help would be appreciated.

Nancy

Just talked to C&A about Brilliance Canada/New England for Sept '13. Was told they don't know when the itineraries will be released. Ugh!! :confused: Am I surprised? Not really........

Kathy - or anyone else with access to Cruisingpower. Are you seeing them? If so.....what's you best guess about release time to the general public? I have my crystal ball out and dusted off but it just isn't seeing anything.

They are still there.........and according to their own flyer,bookings should be open now..:rolleyes: http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2012/Deployment/12027514-2012_Deployment/home.html so your guess is as good as mine.......amazing they say they are open and they are not,

Well our cruise that was showing up as a N/A sailing on April 17,2013 has now been completely taken off the website. Also, I am not able to access my reservation on the RCI site. I am guessing that it will be a no go? Anyone have any idea what will be the next step? Any help would be appreciated.

Nancy

That's strange.......wonder what is going on with all these "one minute you see em,next you don't" cruises..:rolleyes:

If you used a TA,ask her/him to call RCCL.....If you booked directly try calling to see..........granted they probably wont know right away until they finalize whatever it is they are doing...............good luck!

That's strange.......wonder what is going on with all these "one minute you see em,next you don't" cruises..:rolleyes:

If you used a TA,ask her/him to call RCCL.....If you booked directly try calling to see..........granted they probably wont know right away until they finalize whatever it is they are doing...............good luck!

I placed a call to our TA today once I saw on the rollcall that it had been deleated. Resolutions had already closed for the day. He will call them tomorrow. Thanks for looking at it. You have been a wonderful help to many on this thread.

Nancy

Question about the Mariner and this chart: it doesn't list the Concierge Club. Last time we sailed the Mariner, there WAS a Concierge Lounge on deck 9. Has that been replaced or will it go away??? That would be a huge bummer!

Katherine

Question about the Mariner and this chart: it doesn't list the Concierge Club. Last time we sailed the Mariner, there WAS a Concierge Lounge on deck 9. Has that been replaced or will it go away??? That would be a huge bummer!

Katherine

I think the chart just lists what is getting added to the ships, not what is already on them.

Katherine

Its still there.

Archived