2013/2014 Deployment Schedule(for bookings)

PH8

But probably only by a very small amount. How would you get her there considering the financial disaster that was her previous around the Horn cruise from Florida to California?:confused: I don't think the new locks will be ready by then. In fact I haven't seen anything that indicates how close they are in keeping to the original schedule. Perhaps someone has recent information and can update us on their progress.

Delayed till 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But probably only by a very small amount. How would you get her there considering the financial disaster that was her previous around the Horn cruise from Florida to California?:confused: I don't think the new locks will be ready by then. In fact I haven't seen anything that indicates how close they are in keeping to the original schedule. Perhaps someone has recent information and can update us on their progress.

Remember at the time she went around the horn previously on her way to California, there was a sudden downturn in the economy and another ship doing regular trips around the horn. That was RD who very soon after Mariner continued on to CA. That Radiance cruise was at least as under booked as Mariner if not even more under booked.

Unless you are talking about a different Mariner cruise - I think a trip around the horn right now might prove to be popular and more profitable.

Thanks for everyone who provided updates on the 2013 cruises. Just spoke to my wife--we are booking a b2b in Vision. Prices are great! I am assuming that the itineraries are the same as Brilliance is doing this year.

Now to figure out how to pay for it all (and a couple of pre-cruise days in Copenhagen)!

Bill

Got 3 bookings for July 6th and the JS Aft(1100):D

Keep it tidy kathy we are in there 13th and 20th july b2b! Thanks to your posting it was open as i had only spoken to them earlier on Tuesday to be told no try Thursday! :D

So trying to still figure out the TA Vision for April 17th. The cruise would end in Harwich April 30th if it cruised as scheduled. The first cruise listed in Europe begins on May 4th. I wonder if they are thinking about adding a day to get closer to Copenhagen and then a short little cruise in between?

The revenue department still states that our cruise is a go even though it is on a code red status.

Do you see any cruises that would occur between Apr 30th and May 4th that we can't see?

Thanks so much...

Nancy

Remember at the time she went around the horn previously on her way to California, there was a sudden downturn in the economy and another ship doing regular trips around the horn. That was RD who very soon after Mariner continued on to CA. That Radiance cruise was at least as under booked as Mariner if not even more under booked.

Unless you are talking about a different Mariner cruise - I think a trip around the horn right now might prove to be popular and more profitable.

They don't have to go around the Horn. Go East instead. The Voyager is doing 2 steps to get to Asia, this would just be 3 steps. TA to Europe. Then through the Suez Canal to Singapore. Then a Transpacific.

That might get more interest out of people than one very long trip around the horn.

I just emailed my TA about Oct 2013 Caribbean sailings because it is not on the RCI site yet. I will let you all know what I find out (even though I know most of you are waiting for Europe!)

Melissa

Very nice idea. I like it.

They don't have to go around the Horn. Go East instead. The Voyager is doing 2 steps to get to Asia, this would just be 3 steps. TA to Europe. Then through the Suez Canal to Singapore. Then a Transpacific.

That might get more interest out of people than one very long trip around the horn.

If my memory serves me correctly the Mariner did three 15 day segments on it way to LA.

Keep it tidy kathy we are in there 13th and 20th july b2b! Thanks to your posting it was open as i had only spoken to them earlier on Tuesday to be told no try Thursday! :D

Super and a very good friend of mine has it July 6th......:):)

Can anyone that can see the Enchantment sailings on CP tell me how far out the sail dates go? I am looking to go May 2014 Thanks

Sorry Molly......only up to and inc April 25,2014............May 2014 will probably come out next year..

So trying to still figure out the TA Vision for April 17th. The cruise would end in Harwich April 30th if it cruised as scheduled. The first cruise listed in Europe begins on May 4th. I wonder if they are thinking about adding a day to get closer to Copenhagen and then a short little cruise in between?

The revenue department still states that our cruise is a go even though it is on a code red status.

Do you see any cruises that would occur between Apr 30th and May 4th that we can't see?

Thanks so much...

Nancy

According to CP,the Vision TA is 17 nights........April 17th and arriving in Copenhagen May 4th..

I thought the VY did it in 3 cruises.......:confused:(Only reason i know is someone asked me to go on it with them--too long for me)

Thanks for everyone who provided updates on the 2013 cruises. Just spoke to my wife--we are booking a b2b in Vision. Prices are great! I am assuming that the itineraries are the same as Brilliance is doing this year.

Now to figure out how to pay for it all (and a couple of pre-cruise days in Copenhagen)!

Bill

Do as i do......pay a little every week so it doesnt hurt as much when it is final payment time:p

Do as i do......pay a little every week so it doesnt hurt as much when it is final payment time:p

That's what we do as well. Another reason why we like to book wayyyy far in advance. More time to pay it off

I have to say that as a UK based cruiser I've found all this a little depressing. We had hoped to sail on the Boston to Tampa repositioning cruise, having done it last year but all the JS's and all the aft cabins had gone before I even knew they were open. We don't have the luxury of holding off cabins, as we lose our deposit if we change our mind and it also seems that those in the know can grab all the best cabins whether they will eventually use them or not :( People are already posting about booking multiple cabins and holding cabins which they may or may not use - we just don't have that opportunity.

I just wish there was an even playing field.

I have to say that as a UK based cruiser I've found all this a little depressing. We had hoped to sail on the Boston to Tampa repositioning cruise, having done it last year but all the JS's and all the aft cabins had gone before I even knew they were open. We don't have the luxury of holding off cabins, as we lose our deposit if we change our mind and it also seems that those in the know can grab all the best cabins whether they will eventually use them or not :( People are already posting about booking multiple cabins and holding cabins which they may or may not use - we just don't have that opportunity.

I just wish there was an even playing field.

wow........Im sorry to hear.........cant believe all the JS went in just one day..

Right! Misery loving company and all that.

So, I called into C&A (again!) and just got a bizarre conversation. The bottom line is: when they don't know anything, they don't know anything.

So, I just went into the website and took a look at all the n/a bookings surrounding my booked week; there are a LOT of n/a bookings starting on Mar 27th forward. In fact, the RCCL reservationist told me that the reason that my week was showing n/a MIGHT be because they are using that week as a change-over booking week; in other words, it looks like they are not wanting to do 7-nite sailings out of the Guadeloupe port and have removed all of them from the Mar 27th date forward, so they might be trying to move passengers to depart out of San Juan. She said that she was just guessing.

HOWEVER, I did ask her what compensation might be and the times, etc., and she said.... there would be a possibility of moving my reservation from Brilliance to the Jewel... EXCEPT... if I have already booked on the Jewel, then they wouldn't honor any offered compensation; in other words, if I'm proactive about trying to save my family's vacation, then RCCL doesn't take any responsibility for removing one of my options. SO, she said that the only thing that I could do... is wait... and wait... and wait... to see what/if anything RCCL was going to do with that week. Right now, because there's no information, there's no telling whether the week will continue as planned, or be cancelled. So anything that I do will simply lessen my chances of "hitting the chartered ship lottery." In fact, that's the way she stated it... whatever...

I just made myself more confused by making the phone call. But, in answer to your question, I think that RCCL has an "idea" of what they hope people will settle for as compensation for changing a booked reservation; ultimately, they will only do whatever they will do and their trump card is always "refund the money."

I think it's more likely it goes into drydock around then as it is to re-launch May 14th -

The panama canal authorities is saying they should have the new locks completed by october and the first trial runs will begin in December of 2014 for bigger ships. There,s a problem the bridge of America that the ships pass under is to low for the Voyager & freedom class of ships by 50ft . There is talk about replacing that bridge.

Archived