2013/2014 Deployment Schedule(for bookings)

PH8

Sounds like an interesting story -- did the itinerary change?

Yes, the itinerary did change from a 13 night to 17 night.

However, first of all I need to correct the departure date from

Apr 13 to the 17th.

To see the new itin, go to the RCI Roll Call, Vision sailing TA Apr 17, 2013 and select post #105 and that's where you should find the new itin. However, I believe that PH8 has the new itin posted on this thread too.

It's my understanding from RCI that the Vision 4/17/2013 will not be open for NEW bookings until Jun 2....however, that may change...as all things change...right?

Overall, I was hoping that they would protect our deposit price, however...it wasn't too much of a hit for us and we stayed with our original deposited cruise, in the our preferred cabin selection..

We have learned...to book the cruise that is of interest, book our desired cabin and hope that the cruise will drop in price....if not, there is no loss and the gain is for us is that we obtain the entry booking price.

What am I missing? Looking at the RCI website and Serenade 2014. They show western itinerary every other week. What is she doing the other two weeks of the month?

Has this yet to be announced or am I losing it?

Sorry if this has been addressed already.

Yes, the itinerary did change from a 13 night to 17 night.

However, first of all I need to correct the departure date from

Apr 13 to the 17th.

To see the new itin, go to the RCI Roll Call, Vision sailing TA Apr 17, 2013 and select post #105 and that's where you should find the new itin. However, I believe that PH8 has the new itin posted on this thread too.

It's my understanding from RCI that the Vision 4/17/2013 will not be open for NEW bookings until Jun 2....however, that may change...as all things change...right?

Overall, I was hoping that they would protect our deposit price, however...it wasn't too much of a hit for us and we stayed with our original deposited cruise, in the our preferred cabin selection..

We have learned...to book the cruise that is of interest, book our desired cabin and hope that the cruise will drop in price....if not, there is no loss and the gain is for us is that we obtain the entry booking price.

Lynda, thanks for the information. I will check it out. And I totally agree with you. It is rare any more for prices to drop down to the initial offering. Times have changed in the way RCI prices their sailings and offers special pricing, if at all. If your plans should change, it is easy to switch the booking to another itinerary.

What am I missing? Looking at the RCI website and Serenade 2014. They show western itinerary every other week. What is she doing the other two weeks of the month?

Has this yet to be announced or am I losing it?

Sorry if this has been addressed already.

Not sure what you see,but I do see weekly cruises..the alternating weeks are Bahama cruises..

Lynda, thanks for the information. I will check it out. And I totally agree with you. It is rare any more for prices to drop down to the initial offering. Times have changed in the way RCI prices their sailings and offers special pricing, if at all. If your plans should change, it is easy to switch the booking to another itinerary.

I think that the entire fleet is paying for the two mega ships, Oasis and Allure. We're not seeing as good of deals as we have in the past. I've even noticed that many of the 2013 TA crossing are not including as many ports-of-call, with the exception of the revised itin on the Vision Apr 17, 2013 sailing. However, that sailing is also priced higher then the other TA sailings that are offered.

I'm not sure what the prices will be on the Vision Apr 17 sailing when it opens up on Jun 2, 2012. For those of us that were already booked on the cruise, "I think" that RCI just added XXX of dollars to each category....just guessing, not sure?

Our D1, jumped up $600 PP, however we received a additional $200 OBC due to the redeploy, with the extra taxes, tips and ins = our net increase is $1228.06 for two. I think I saw somewhere on another thread that their inside category jumped up $1028, so they decided to take their redeploy option to another TA sailing.

Hopefully the Vision TA cruise will drop in price as time progresses...we'll see?

I think that the entire fleet is paying for the two mega ships, Oasis and Allure. We're not seeing as good of deals as we have in the past. I've even noticed that many of the 2013 TA crossing are not including as many ports-of-call, with the exception of the revised itin on the Vision Apr 17, 2013 sailing. However, that sailing is also priced higher then the other TA sailings that are offered.

I'm not sure what the prices will be on the Vision Apr 17 sailing when it opens up on Jun 2, 2012. For those of us that were already booked on the cruise, "I think" that RCI just added XXX of dollars to each category....just guessing, not sure?

Our D1, jumped up $600 PP, however we received a additional $200 OBC due to the redeploy, with the extra taxes, tips and ins = our net increase is $1228.06 for two. I think I saw somewhere on another thread that their inside category jumped up $1028, so they decided to take their redeploy option to another TA sailing.

Hopefully the Vision TA cruise will drop in price as time progresses...we'll see?

I think RCI uses the tried and true pricing method of throwing darts at the dartboard. I watch as prices go through the roof, until after final payment. Then, if there are any cabins left, they start the special pricing for military, seniors, residency, etc. But by that time, cabin availability is not good at all.

We are on a LB TA this fall. The prices started out very low, and have since doubled. Next year's TA is terrible, no ports of call in Europe at all, just straight across the pond to St. Maarten.:confused: I think that sailing is being directed more to Europeans, who want to hit the Caribbean and South Florida as fast as possible. (I could be wrong:eek:.)

Anyway, JMO.:) Good luck with your Vision sailing, I don't think it's quite fair what they did, but each has to decide for themselves.

I think RCI uses the tried and true pricing method of throwing darts at the dartboard. I watch as prices go through the roof, until after final payment. Then, if there are any cabins left, they start the special pricing for military, seniors, residency, etc. But by that time, cabin availability is not good at all.

We are on a LB TA this fall. The prices started out very low, and have since doubled. Next year's TA is terrible, no ports of call in Europe at all, just straight across the pond to St. Maarten.:confused: I think that sailing is being directed more to Europeans, who want to hit the Caribbean and South Florida as fast as possible. (I could be wrong:eek:.)

Anyway, JMO.:) Good luck with your Vision sailing, I don't think it's quite fair what they did, but each has to decide for themselves.

i agree with you, we're booked on the Mariner TA this Fall and we booked a aft rear facing balcony when the cruise was first released, it's now priced twice as high. However I'm sure there will be huge price drop after final pmt.

We're also booked on the prior Holy Lands Cruise on the Mariner....hopefully that segment doesn't get redeployed. That part of the World is still unsettled and this will be our second attempt to visit Isreal. However I would rather be safe, then sorry.

Karen

We booked the Jewel TA for this Aug we booked about 14 months ago only thing they had was CAT L interior it was priced for the 16 night cruise at $1499 , it has long been sold out but now a couple cabins keep popping up as final payment nears, the Cat L cabin they have listed just today is $2699.

I hope everyone was able to book their dream cruises.......I know I did..........

Bon Voyage to all!!:D

Thanks for your outstanding efforts on this thread. I really appreciate all the info.

Bob

I hope everyone was able to book their dream cruises.......I know I did..........

Bon Voyage to all!!:D

Thanks for all the help with everything Kathy. I didn't get a "dream" cruise (still can't afford those) but I am very happy to have a fabulous cabin for my second cruise on the lovely Jewel of the Seas, in 2014 :eek:

Not sure what you see,but I do see weekly cruises..the alternating weeks are Bahama cruises..

That explains it. Didn't think of checking something other than "Caribbean" in the search engine.

Thank you.

Can anyone tell me what's planned for the Voyager of the Seas after she docks in Singapore on March 23, 2013?

Thank you in advance!

It's still a mystery..Maybe do one of the Asia sailings that are still to come out:)

And a big YOU'RE WELCOME to all.........:D

Archived