2013/2014 Deployment Schedule(for bookings)

PH8

What ships are still left to be deployed? I don't see any 4-5 day cruises in May 2013!

If you are looking for short Caribbean ones,there usually arent any in May......unless you count the 4 night Bahamas cruises on the MJ and EN,next year.

The same thing happened to us on Mariner. We were on the Mexican riviera cruise out of California that was turned into a repositioning cruise when they took her away from CA. They offered us a cruise out of Galveston of all places, and $200 OBC. There was no chance I was flying to Texas for a Caribbean cruise when they are plentiful in FL. They said I could pick a different cruise at the current rate and keep the OBC. We picked RD out of Tampa and got a great price, too.

It makes me want to guess which ship might be redeployed and book it. :D

Gina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was part of the "Around The Horn' cruise that brought the Mariner to California, I was also part of the mess you had when we had a reunion cruise planned , I was offered the same thing you did we stayed with the Mariner , now to mess up things more they offered us the Christmas or New Years cruise after much thought and making plans we went with New Years about 4 days after it was booked Royal cancelled the reservation saying it shouldn't have been offered unless I pay the extra cost. We ended up on the second to last cruise out of LA

I already had paid airfare etc. Royal did end up paying for that and the changes once I proved it was indeed paid for.

Financial disaster? My friend was on that cruise and it was fully sold out. Or do you have some insiders info?

I know people who were on all three legs of the cruise and none of the legs were fully sold out. In fact many guests received significant upgrades because sales were so poor and the line was trying to free up the least expensive cabins in hopes that people would book them. Anyone who has access to the threads from that sailing will find plenty of evidence that the cruise was nowhere near as successful as had been predicted before the fact.

I know people who were on all three legs of the cruise and none of the legs were fully sold out. In fact many guests received significant upgrades because sales were so poor and the line was trying to free up the least expensive cabins in hopes that people would book them. Anyone who has access to the threads from that sailing will find plenty of evidence that the cruise was nowhere near as successful as had been predicted before the fact.

Yep , the three legs were not sold it and for a cruiser it was great , plus the price kept dropping making a very cheap cruise.

Anyone seen the Asia to Europe repo cruise on the Legend OTS??

The last Asia cruise ends April 4 and the first Europe cruise starts May 4.

I see a 14 night repo from Singapore to Dubai(April 5th)...then a 15 night from Dubai to Rome(April 19th)..........not open for bookings yet.

Financial disaster? My friend was on that cruise and it was fully sold out. Or do you have some insiders info?

I can speak as an insider -- we were on that Mariner cruise the entire 46 days (plus 2 days pre-inaugural and 7 nights Mexican Riviera -- total of 55 days). The Around The Horn was most definitely not sold out. The first and third segments were about two-thirds full, the middle segment around the Horn, was MAYBE three-fourths full. We were on late seating in the MDR, and only Deck 3 was open to diners.

As other posters mentioned, the economy melted down about the same time final payment was due, in September/October 2008, and people dropped out of the cruise(s) in droves. Bookings might have been high in the beginning, but the ship was NOT full, not even close.

I can speak as an insider -- we were on that Mariner cruise the entire 46 days (plus 2 days pre-inaugural and 7 nights Mexican Riviera -- total of 55 days). The Around The Horn was most definitely not sold out. The first and third segments were about two-thirds full, the middle segment around the Horn, was MAYBE three-fourths full. We were on late seating in the MDR, and only Deck 3 was open to diners.

As other posters mentioned, the economy melted down about the same time final payment was due, in September/October 2008, and people dropped out of the cruise(s) in droves. Bookings might have been high in the beginning, but the ship was NOT full, not even close.

Karen

If you remember besides all the price drops ,they also removed the fuel surcharge we all paid and that too was refunded or given back as a OBC.

I see a 14 night repo from Singapore to Dubai(April 5th)...then a 15 night from Dubai to Rome(April 19th)..........not open for bookings yet.

Kathy, thank you so much for the info:)...I guess those two cruises opens for sale when RC releases their summer Asia itins.

George, yes, I do remember. Those price drops and OBC's spoiled us, didn't they?:)

We had the same experience around the horn on RD in April 2009, not long after Mariner made the trip.

I'll never forget our total price of $917 for a grand suite for 2 weeks. Yes, that included taxes. Aside from the price, that cruise from Buenos Aires to Valpariso was our all time greatest cruise.

Of course all cruises have seemed expensive since that one. That was our one and only time on an underbooked ship. And it sure wasn't the itinerary. It was the fear in the economy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The repo for the EN will be April 13,2013......a 12 night cruise.

Baltimore

3 sea days

St Martin

St Kitts

sea day

Aruba

Curacao

sea day

Labadee

sea day

Pt Canaveral

Followed by 2 4 night cruise(April 25th and April 29th.)......then starting up the 3/4 rotation.

Baltimore

3 sea days

St Martin

St Kitts

sea day

Aruba

Curacao

sea day

Labadee

sea day

Pt Canaveral

Followed by 2 4 night cruise(April 25th and April 29th.)......then starting up the 3/4 rotation.

Wow! That would be a perfect birthday cruise. Too bad I am already commited to other cruises/land vacations in 2013. There just isn't enough vacation time to do it all :(

Baltimore

3 sea days

St Martin

St Kitts

sea day

Aruba

Curacao

sea day

Labadee

sea day

Pt Canaveral

That's a very nice itinerary. (I almost feel like switching things around to do it, but it would be too much of a hassle.)

So much cruising, so little time!:D

Baltimore

3 sea days

St Martin

St Kitts

sea day

Aruba

Curacao

sea day

Labadee

sea day

Pt Canaveral

Thanks so much for posting this, it's what I've been waiting for unpatiently! Looks amazing but alas, we'll have to pass. 12 days is too long to miss school & work. Not to mention having to fly home :(

George, yes, I do remember. Those price drops and OBC's spoiled us, didn't they?:)

More than any single cruise , I would say that cruise really made us fall deeper in love with cruising, we love the long cruise really can't get comfortable on just a 7 day cruise, hope we will be ok with at least 10 days

Yes indeed at least Sue and I were spoiled.

So still no word on mariner?

No,just looked........last sailing is April 14,2013 out of Galveston.

Wonder what they are waiting for............after all,we are talking about cruises less than a year away..:confused::confused:

FLL

6 sea days

Ponta Delgada, Azores

2 sea days

Cork (Cobh), Ireland

sea day

Paris (Le Havre), France

Bruges, (Zeebrugge), Belgium

Amsterdam, Netherlands

sea day

Oslo, Norway

Copenhagen, Denmark

No prices yet..

One of the posters on our roll call said that RCI will be contacting us this week per one of the Crown and Anchor representatives. Any clues on Cruising Power as to what the cruise will run with the changes? Figured I would ask, but know it probably won't be there until it is opened up for everyone.

Nancy

One of the posters on our roll call said that RCI will be contacting us this week per one of the Crown and Anchor representatives. Any clues on Cruising Power as to what the cruise will run with the changes? Figured I would ask, but know it probably won't be there until it is opened up for everyone.

Nancy

One of the RCI reps I spoke to said that this ship may be in dry dock before she goes to Europe in 2013 and if so, will not be doing any TA with passengers. Has anyone heard anything about that? This looks like a very good TA itinerary so they will probably find a way to cancel it. LOL

Anne

One of the RCI reps I spoke to said that this ship may be in dry dock before she goes to Europe in 2013 and if so, will not be doing any TA with passengers. Has anyone heard anything about that? This looks like a very good TA itinerary so they will probably find a way to cancel it. LOL

Anne

I've lost the reference for which ship you are asking about. If it is Mariner, it just came out of dry dock with refurbishment this month.

Archived