First time inside cabin for TA. Can we do it?

We generally take a balcony or ocean view for trips that are not in warm weather. We just booked a guarantee inside cabin on the TA from London to Boston on August 31. We are slightly concerned that we cannot handle an inside cabin for 16 days. Any comments please.

I cannot compare a balcony or oceanview cabin as all I have sailed are inside cabins. That being said, we have never had a problem with the inside cabins and love the pricing. We are more of a late night couple. When we get up in the morning, we get dressed and head out. At night, we wander the outside decks. Later at night there aren't many people out there so in essance,we have a big balcony. We can view either side, forward or aft. In our experience, other than sleeping or changing of clothes, we don't spend time in the room.

I will for some special occasion try a balcony. I guess at that point I will decide if the cost/benefit fits our liking. JMO.

Enjoy your cruise from whatever cabin you decide. :D

We just did 5 ppl inside cabin on Norwegian for like a week and it was fine. We have had either wraparound balconys or frenchdoor balconies only before that and I'd definitely do it again if it means more cruises! You don't spend all that much time in the room anyways usually.

You don't spend all that much time in the room anyways usually.

Sort of a self-fullfiling statement. If I were in an inside I too would not spend a minute more there than I had to. But with balcony we spend a LOT of time out there. Only case where we have seriously considered an inside is for mid-summer Baltic Sea where the extra dark (from midnight sun) could be handy.

Had not thought about it for a TA but and inside would probably OK for that too since the view does not change much (whole lotta water) and northern route is too cool to sit out much.

We have had a mixture of JS, balcony and inside. Even with a balcony or JS we do not spend any time on the balcony. Nice to have, but not needed for us. We did a TA last year in an inside on LOS and will be doing another this April, also in an inside. We would always chose deck 10 on Freedom or 9 on Volyager class, so that it is a very short trip to the open air. You will have a great time.

Enjoy!

Prices sometime drop on TA cruises...If you are concerned about the inside, diligently watch prices...maybe you will catch a price drop that will make an upgrade affordable. If not, get out of the cabin and enjoy the ship.

Not that TA, it is basically sold out. They occasionally have a balcony guarantee but the only cabins left are those that TAs have. Right now it has an E balcony guarantee for $8300 for 2.:eek: That is $4,000 more than my mom paid. I doubt there will be any deals on that sailing.

Our last cruise was our 4th together, and our 1st inside cabin. My wife and I said "never again". Sorry... just our experience.

Of course, YMMV, but we really felt a little claustrophobia.

I suffer with claustrophobia quite badly. But I do 2 TA every year and have done since I retired 10 years ago all inside cabins ,no problem

Had a top balcony once for a special birthday on the Q M but I never got to use it to cold

I use the money I save on my cabin to extend my holiday with hotel stays before and after the cruise

We generally take a balcony or ocean view for trips that are not in warm weather. We just booked a guarantee inside cabin on the TA from London to Boston on August 31. We are slightly concerned that we cannot handle an inside cabin for 16 days. Any comments please.

I share you aprehension! We have always had a balcony cabin but are booked for our first inside one for the 15 night May 1 Mariner T/A crossing/Mediterranean cruise.

We never used the balcony's a lot on our previous cruises but I sure like the idea of it being there. Sometimes at night we would leave the balcony door open and I loved the sound of the ocean waves / spray.

I am praying for the upgrade fairy. She called the one other time we booked an inside cabin and for less than $100 total we were able to upgrade to a balcony. I would love for that to happen again but I am not holding my breath.

We have about a total of 70 Cruise's I have always insisted on outside at the very least. We took an inside a few months back and I loved it and now that is all we are asking for. Love the value and its really cozy. If you get cabin fever you just go on deck. I used the T.V. to see what it looked like outside when too lazy to wander and it was a perfect view always available. We were on board Freedom during that terrible storm in October and I was glad to be inside!! Enjoy!!

We are looking at that TA for next year in an inside for 3- myself, DH and DD 8. We had a balcony on our last TA but we never got to use it as it was too windy. Given the pricing on that sailing and that we want to spend a few days in London before the cruise, we'd rather sail in the inside and have a few extra days in London or more $$$ for excursions.

OP, how did you do on your Liberty TA? Were you out and about or did you spend time in your cabin?

As you, the Jewel has some great quiet places with good views. It would take some adjustment on my part to unlearn balcony time and learn to seek out other quarters, but I think it could be done.

We've done one inside (the first cruise DH had to pay for) and we both agreed never again. No balcony = no cruise for us now. We never knew if it was day or night. Just make sure to take a night light!

I cannot compare a balcony or oceanview cabin as all I have sailed are inside cabins. That being said, we have never had a problem with the inside cabins and love the pricing. We are more of a late night couple. When we get up in the morning, we get dressed and head out. At night, we wander the outside decks. Later at night there aren't many people out there so in essance,we have a big balcony. We can view either side, forward or aft. In our experience, other than sleeping or changing of clothes, we don't spend time in the room.

I will for some special occasion try a balcony. I guess at that point I will decide if the cost/benefit fits our liking. JMO.

Enjoy your cruise from whatever cabin you decide. :D

We've always taken an inside also and never worry about it, as we don't spend that much time in the room either!

I booked an inside cabin on my last Mediterranean cruise (different cruise line), and it bit the big one. I didn't do my homework and the cabin was located above a salsa club that didn't stop playing until midnight. Also, with no windows, its easy to oversleep and lose track of time. You will be totally dependent on a clock and the outdoor ship cam on the TV. Some people are cool with this, but we didn't like it. Try sleeping in your regular bedroom with blackout curtains on the windows for practice.

My wife and I have been cruising since 1974, and have always gone oceanview or balcony. Last spring we took the Radiance Tampa to San Diego in an inside cabin and it was great. Two weeks ago we went on the Disney Wonder from Los Angeles and also opted for an inside cabin. Again it was great. Two things we learned. First was to tune the TV to whatever station has the bridge camera, and you will be able to see what is going on outside.Second - at night we would leave the bathroom light on with the bathroom door closed. This allowed just enough light into the room to do away with total darkness. When the decision comes down to booking an inside cabin or not taking a cruise, I will take the inside in a heartbeat.

My first cruise was in an inside cabin.......I loved it.

My two RCI cruises have been Oceanview only because on the Monarch the two SOV's was the only accessible cabins out of 4 total available and on Radiance, I was able to upgrade from inside to an OV after final payment for nothing.

Im trying a Promenade cabin this time but will likely go back to cruising inside cabins.

It maybe a cliche around here about not spending much time in your cabin but I truly do not spend but 6 or 7 hours total a day in my cabin and no balcony would change that either :)

I dont cruise to hang out by myself...........I like to be out amongst folks enjoying the ship!

Vicki,

Doing the TA in and inside on Liberty was a breeze. The kids are never in the cabin and neither are we except to change and sleep. the kids do tend to sleep in, but we do not. WE leave the light on in the bathroom as suggested, but have never looked at the bridge cam. read many reviews saying that, but we have never felt the need. As I said pick a high deck. It is like property to me. Cheapest room in best location is good for us. When I have cruised in JS it has been with my elderly mum. She need a balcony as hse likes to 'potter' and have room service come with breakfast. I can't imagine doing that in an inside.

Chicken LIps, have you joined the roll call for the Libert TA? We have quite an active group. Might just have not noticed your name.

We did our first and only (so far) TA last May from Ft. Lauderdale to Harwich, England. We had an aft balcony and spent a LOT of time there. I don't think I could do an inside for 12 or more days. It was the best part of our cruise! Good luck on the "inside!" ;)

Archived