Poll: would you book a cruise for Superbowl Sunday?

Would you book a cruise during the Superbowl  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Would you book a cruise during the Superbowl

• Yes, it would be a great party.
    • Yes, but I would avoid the hoopla.
    • No, I am a fan and prefer to party with friends and family at home.
    • No, I prefer a cruise without the hoopla.

We were on the Celebrity Equinox this yearon Super Bowl Sunday. The game was shown on the big screen in the theater. (The usual show was moved to a matinee in the afternoon.) Celebrity served wings, hamburgers, etc in the back of the theater with, of course, bar specials. The stage was decorated with ballons in team colors. It was a great atmosphere. Some fans wore team jerseys but we didn't see all the famous Super Bowl commercials. Alot of fun.

<< No, I prefer a cruise without the hoopla >>

Lol, wouldn't book a SuperBowl cruise in a million years...

Could be fun for other folks... just not for me.

As a Canadian who doesn't follow (or even watch US football)... I would most certainly feel like a fish out of water...

Since "the doll cruise" and all the fall out that came about here on the CC BOARD, I am now accutely aware of such things, and would make a point of checking if there were any "special groups, interests or activities" planned for a cruise I would be planning to book.

I much prefer peace & quiet on my vacations... as they are meant to be a "getaway" for Mr Sloop and I

Cheers!

If I knew there was no chance of my favorite team (Patriots) playing in the game then I wouldn't hesitate to book a cruise during Super Bowl week, but considering how much I enjoy the daily news reports, pregame shows and press conferences during Super Bowl week when the Pats are involved I wouldn't book for that week, just in case....

Soup in a bowl ? Uhh huh? What is that?

As a proud Brit, there is only one kind of football, the one we invented. No it is not soccer it is football. No helmets, No padding .... just a box.

I have never been to an American football, basket ball or baseball game and have no clue what the atmosphere there is like or even the rules of the games.

However if there was a cruise on F.A. Cup day, I would still sail.

I was booked on HAL's Zaandam for the Super Bowl this year. I had some misgivings about that as it looked like the Ravens had a good chance, and home town pride would have taken precedence over my disinterest in football in general. It was an interesting experience having the game played about 7AM Monday on Singapore time. With the revised hour of the game there was less hoopla than you'd expect somewhere like the Caribbean but the game was shown in the movie theater with traditional tailgate foods set out--a bit strange for breakfast hours. One other thing for Super Bowl fans to consider-- I don't think the satellite coverage includes the commercials.

Roy

We have been on a cruise the last 2 years for Superbowl, and this year, we spent 2 days (sat & sun) in Southbeach between cruises. We don't specifically cruise to be on the ship for the big party, although we have had some good snack foods for the party. We cruise the end of Jan/beginning of Feb to get out of the cold winters we have at home! :D :D

We were on a RCI ship in 2006 for a B2B with the middle Sunday being Super Bowl Sunday. When we booked the cruise, we had no idea that our beloved Seahawks would be playing. Needless to say, the Seattle fans were WAY out numbered by the Steeler fans but it was a great party. :D

We booked a cruise in June of 2001 for February of 2002 -- purposely the week after the SB. But events (9/11) conspired so that embarkation day was also Super Bowl Sunday. Turns out it was great ... the game was shown on a very big-screen in the theatre and Celebrity served wings, pizza etc.

Just noticed I had a cruise booked next year on Superbowl Sunday. Just wondering what others would do.

I voted yes and it's a great party. However, I would not book intentionally for the Supper Bowl nor would I not book just to miss it. If I like the price is right and it falls over Super Sunday, Fantastic. ~ Ric

I would not, particularly if the Skins were playing. Perhaps with their new anticipated quarterback those days may yet again occur.

The Skins have participated in five Super Bowls; and, they have prevailed in three. I was in attendance at the two they lost.

I would not, particularly if the Skins were playing. Perhaps with their new anticipated quarterback those days may yet again occur.

The Skins have participated in five Super Bowls; and, they have prevailed in three. I was in attendance at the two they lost.

Jack - if the Skins participate again, perhaps you should take a cruise!! LOL

We booked our last cruise, then I realized it was over Super Bowl Sunday. I couldn't miss a Super Bowl if there was even a chance that Green Bay was going to be playing, but, well, what are the odds the Packers will end up in the Super Bowl in 2011, anyway? When they got in, we geared up. DW took her Bart Starr jersey and Packers cap, I my cheesehead and T-shirt with the #4 crossed out and #12 written in with marker. We had a great time-- the people in the cabin next to us were from Pittsburgh, and we sat next to each other in the theater, right on the "dividing line" between Steelers fans and Packers fans. I won a Terrible Towel in a little side bet.

When dining (select) a couple of nights later, a couple we were sitting with asked if we had gone to the theater to watch the game. They said they had been seated the night before with a British couple who went to see what the fuss was all about. They said they enjoyed themselves, but couldn't quite understand why there was a bloke sitting up front who appeared to have a large piece of cheese on his head. It was explained to them, of course.

I recommend a Super Bowl cruise, even if it's your team playing. It certainly makes for a memorable event!

We booked our last cruise, then I realized it was over Super Bowl Sunday. I couldn't miss a Super Bowl if there was even a chance that Green Bay was going to be playing, but, well, what are the odds the Packers will end up in the Super Bowl in 2011, anyway? When they got in, we geared up. DW took her Bart Starr jersey and Packers cap, I my cheesehead and T-shirt with the #4 crossed out and #12 written in with marker. We had a great time-- the people in the cabin next to us were from Pittsburgh, and we sat next to each other in the theater, right on the "dividing line" between Steelers fans and Packers fans. I won a Terrible Towel in a little side bet.

When dining (select) a couple of nights later, a couple we were sitting with asked if we had gone to the theater to watch the game. They said they had been seated the night before with a British couple who went to see what the fuss was all about. They said they enjoyed themselves, but couldn't quite understand why there was a bloke sitting up front who appeared to have a large piece of cheese on his head. It was explained to them, of course.

I recommend a Super Bowl cruise, even if it's your team playing. It certainly makes for a memorable event!

Hi Steve, hope you are doing well:) we did have fun on that

cruise, didn't we:D

We did a Mercury cruise back in 2005 during the super bowl because it was a good time was us to get away. That cruise had a rather elderly crowd so the event had no impact on our cruise whatsoever. Even though there was a big screen for people who wanted to watch it, there was no feeling at all on the ship that it was special show. Based on our experience, I would not recommend a Celebrity cruise as an alternative for going to a good super bowl party.

Been there, done that.

And Ms. Sloop, I'm not a football fan either. The football fans went to the theater and had their party. They had a ball. The rest of us just did our normal things. We had a ball as well. No way did the football people disrupt the cruise. Not at all the same thing as the American Girl doll cruise.

Been there, done that.

And Ms. Sloop, I'm not a football fan either. The football fans went to the theater and had their party. They had a ball. The rest of us just did our normal things. We had a ball as well. No way did the football people disrupt the cruise. Not at all the same thing as the American Girl doll cruise.

TO HAPPY CRUISER 6143,

That is good to know... at least about Celebrity ... still not sure I'd "select" that week.

Also, as this POLL was a "general cruising" Question guessing that it would be a much more rowdier time on some other main line cruises...

Know that when I read the "Winter 2012 Onboard the Emerald Princess" that the blogger said that on her ship the broadcast of the major games (SuperBowl and those leading up to that) were at the pool on the big screen (the one they also use for Movies Under the Stars) from the sound of things they were a HUGE event, and would have impacted a lot more what one would consider "public" space on the ship.

:(

Cheers!

YES, I have and it was FUN, FUN, FUN:D:):D:) and YES, I would

do it again:):)

We did it last year and it was really fun!!!! Lots of food, drinks and a big screen with smaller screens in the Sky Lounge!! Sue Denning, the CD, did a fabulous job and everyone had a great time!!! I would definitely do it again!!!!!

It was the best SuperBowl party ever on the Summit! They had great beer specials, awesome food, and showed the game on a huge screen in the theater (also in staterooms and bars). They had games and gave away some great prizes including a premium drink package! I would book during the SuperBowl again in a second.

Archived