Weird or Crazy things you have found in a stateroom

luv2cruiserccl

My sister (Colorado), Mom (Texas) and I (Ohio) booked separate cruises one spring, all three ships went to Nassau.

Sister took a series of silly photographs around town, and both Mom and I, on our individual trips, had to duplicate them. Mom opted to do them 'the same', and I did them backwards (turned my back to the camera, held items upside down, pointed away from silly signs).

Sister also ripped a $20 bill in pieces and gave one to a bartender in a particular bar. Mom brought in a section, and I completed it... they kept the pieces taped up over the DJ booth until all three pieces were together.

It was a great scavenger hunt, and the photos are fantastic!

I found a child's sticker book hidden behind a curtain.

Not on a ship, BUT I did find a selection of adult type magazines under the cushons of a sofa bed in a hotel room in Spain once.

Also found a dead (well it was on its back anyway) cockrach outside my room in the hallway of a hotel in Orlando. The front desk were more shocked than I was. I had taken a photo and quiety asked if this should have been there. It was gone on my return.

Cruise nubie, so having a good look around the nooks and crannies of my room will be a priority.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing super interesting but we did find a driver's license on the very top of the closet. We made sure that it was turned in to guest services immediately. On our last cruise on the IOS we noticed several things stuck in the ceiling in different spaces. DH pulled them out and they were just folded up pieces of cruise compasses from a year or so ago. Nothing was written on them so I'm not sure why they were there other to be a sort of "time capsule."

The other thing isn't really a found item but something that someone mentioned earlier jogged my memory. Once we found a bottle of water was open in our fridge on the very first day but it didn't look like any of the water was gone, you could just see the condensation on the inside like the lid wasn't on tight. We didn't even think about mentioning it to our room steward because our room wasn't completely ready yet and we just figured it would be taken care of and disposed of. It was never removed and we were charged for it almost immediately. We did make a visit to guest services to have it removed though which took some time to explain. Lessoned learned though, make sure to check out EVERYTHING on the first day!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by birky_27

Nothing super interesting but we did find a driver's license on the very top of the closet. We made sure that it was turned in to guest services immediately. On our last cruise on the IOS we noticed several things stuck in the ceiling in different spaces. DH pulled them out and they were just folded up pieces of cruise compasses from a year or so ago. Nothing was written on them so I'm not sure why they were there other to be a sort of "time capsule."

The other thing isn't really a found item but something that someone mentioned earlier jogged my memory. Once we found a bottle of water was open in our fridge on the very first day but it didn't look like any of the water was gone, you could just see the condensation on the inside like the lid wasn't on tight. We didn't even think about mentioning it to our room steward because our room wasn't completely ready yet and we just figured it would be taken care of and disposed of. It was never removed and we were charged for it almost immediately. We did make a visit to guest services to have it removed though which took some time to explain. Lessoned learned though, make sure to check out EVERYTHING on the first day!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a theory about the papers stuck up in the ceiling in a few places.

There was one ship we were on that the cabin had a lot of vibration sounds all most all the time. It was like a buzzing in and out. I got fed up with it on the 2nd day and found the source to be a metal access panel in the ceiling. If I touched the corner of the panel the noise would stop. I folded up some paper and wedged it between the metal and the ceiling and that stopped the buzzing for the rest of the trip.

The advice on the mini bar is something everyone should do.

I found a bottle of Jack Daniels once that had the seal cracked. It was still full but who would trust the contents. I mentioned it to the cabin steward when I met him and he took care of it that day. If I had not I may have received a charge for the bottle.

When I check the mini bar I will use one of the room service slips they leave and do an inventory to make sure everything is correct . I then usually snap a photo of the inside of fridge , they are packed pretty tight so anything missing would probably stand out.

A friend of ours had an experience on one of her Carnival sailings involving the mini bar.

She asked to have it emptied on the first day of the sailing so she could put her own sodas and water in.

A few days after the cruise ended she noticed a charge on her credit card and it turned out that the charge was for the full contents of the mini bar.

Not sure what happened there, perhaps a staff change over and the new steward was not aware that the previous steward had emptied the fridge.

When I last heard her mention it she still had not been able to get Carnival to reverse the charge. At that time it was going a few months .

""On our last cruise we noticed several things stuck in the ceiling in different spaces. DH pulled them out and they were just folded up pieces of cruise compasses from a year or so ago.""

Bet a previous pax wedged them in the cracks in an effort to reduce sound. We notice that the panels creak when seas are rough, is if the ship is flexing a tiny bit. In rough seas, the plexiglass panels in the atrium squeak in their frames, too.

My Wife only drinks Pepsi so I get to lug around several bottles for her. :D

Then we place them into the cabin refrigerator.

When I was removing the Coke cans from the refrigerator to stack on the shelf by the TV I found an empty can. Someone had placed the empty can on the bottom of the stack with a full can on top to hide it.

We told the cabin Steward about the empty can. He said he would have to pay for it because he did not find it. Also, he said that the people in the Cabin before us were very demanding and were constantly trying to get free stuff. (Yes there are Jerks among us)

I told him to add the can to my bill.

Bob

to our surprise, we found 3 shopping bags with trash in them in our closet when we went to put our clothes away. My husband then found a box with trash in it under the desk chair. Not sure why prior guest "hid" their trash but the cabin attendant obviously had not checked too well since they were still there for our arrival.

Marianne

When I was removing the Coke cans from the refrigerator to stack on the shelf by the TV I found an empty can. Someone had placed the empty can on the bottom of the stack with a full can on top to hide it.

We told the cabin Steward about the empty can. He said he would have to pay for it because he did not find it. Also, he said that the people in the Cabin before us were very demanding and were constantly trying to get free stuff. (Yes there are Jerks among us)

Bob

Bob, you are one of the good guys! Must be a name thing...my DH is also a Bob.

Happy cruising.

Julie

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Bob

Good karma is good karma. You will get your good deed returned :)

Sent from my mobile with a little luck and a trailing wind.

Bob

Class Act!

Oh my, the comments I could make on those briefs? panties? acting as a "air diffuser".

If I say them though I could get moderated, so all I'll say is I hope they were clean. I would not want to be near them if they werent, heheheh.

On our X cruise a few years back, I looked under the bed, and there I found an old Denver Broncos knit hat. We threw it in the trash can, and left our cabin to wander the ship. When we came back, the cabin steward pulled the cap out of the trash and put it on our bed. We threw it out again, and the steward pulled it out again.. Finally, we saw him and told him it wasn't ours, and we all had a good laugh about it.

Things I have left behind. On that same cruise, we packed everything up on the last night, and some how, I left my favorite pair of dress shoes in the closet. That made me sad. They were great shoes. :(

On our last cruise, we flew in the day before, and I unpacked my new workout clothes (still had the tags on) and put them in the dresser. I never did go to the gym at the hotel, and the next day in the taxi, I realized I left them, we called the hotel, from the taxi, told them what room we were in, and they asked the housekeeping staff to look. They said nothing was found. That ticked me off. Oh well, I hope who ever got them uses them.

On our X cruise a few years back, I looked under the bed, and there I found an old Denver Broncos knit hat. We threw it in the trash can, and left our cabin to wander the ship. When we came back, the cabin steward pulled the cap out of the trash and put it on our bed. We threw it out again, and the steward pulled it out again.. Finally, we saw him and told him it wasn't ours, and we all had a good laugh about it.

Things I have left behind. On that same cruise, we packed everything up on the last night, and some how, I left my favorite pair of dress shoes in the closet. That made me sad. They were great shoes. :(

On our last cruise, we flew in the day before, and I unpacked my new workout clothes (still had the tags on) and put them in the dresser. I never did go to the gym at the hotel, and the next day in the taxi, I realized I left them, we called the hotel, from the taxi, told them what room we were in, and they asked the housekeeping staff to look. They said nothing was found. That ticked me off. Oh well, I hope who ever got them uses them.

Well the way they choked in the SuperBowl this year, I probably would have thrown it out too!

DW and I were moving stuff around and something fell behind the sofa so we moved it out a bit and we grabbed a bag full of dirty panties it was not a great find. Also we found a brand new 25$ itunes giftcard there that only worked in the usa and not in Canada.

Did you call the cruiseline? Hubby left his suit and tie,plus two new ties he had purchased in the gift shop. at frist they said they could not find it but called a few days alter and said they had found it. It only cost us the price of shipping the stuff back, however it took 6 weeks lol!

I left a pair of sunglasses once. But they were cheap and also old, so I decided it did not matter.