Weird or Crazy things you have found in a stateroom

luv2cruiserccl

Not a cruise, but when I pushed my cart to the cart corral at Walmart, there was a purse in a cart just sitting there. I didn't see anybody around, so I turned it into the Customer Service desk.

It sounds like to me a foolish person walked off from their cart leaving their purse there. You probably did them a kindness as someone else would have stolen it. that happened to a friend of mine over 20 years ago and all she had done is turned her back taking an item off the shelf for a few seconds. That is the very reason why I like shoulder bags and I keep my bag on me in stores and not in the baby seat of the cart.

About a year ago in Kroger I saw an older 70ish woman do that walk away from her cart about 8 feet looking at meds you know aspirin and Ibuprofen. A 40ish woman approached her cart and was just about to snatch her purse when I called out to her and said "mam you left your purse over here." when I did that the other woman took off. she realized I knew what she was about to do. I could describe that gal well too; short blond hair, blue eyes, petite and very clean cut looking, not what we think of as a thief. Sometimes that hairy, tattooed scary looking motorcycle gang looking guy is the honest person. You just never know.

Never been on a cruise, we take our first one in September. Yay us!! I did however work in a hotel for 3 years and I can tell you some crazy stories about things people leave behind. The funniest one though was when two girls who were driving the Oscar Meyer Wiener mobile across the country stayed with us and left their own type of battery operated wiener in the bed when they checked out. You really can't make this stuff up.

I would like to start off by saying this happened on accident on our cruise on the freedom of the seas but now I wondering if this has happened to anyone else and I just wanted to share my funny story. My wife had purchased some beads Grand Cayman and the next day while getting around for dinner she noticed that the drawers just below the vanity mirror that the beads where gone and there was something else small missing she was for sure they where there the day before and I looked everywhere didn’t see it. So after some looking I realized that they had fallen behind the end of the drawer and was in the bottom on the cabinet. So after looking at the hinge there was only two screws so with limited tools aka a fingernail clipper HAHA I got the screw’s out and pulled the bottom drawer and there was my wife beads etc…..BUT I also started laughing quite hard and by now my wife is really wondering what I had found. So I pull out a bra still with the tags on them, a women’s night gown and some rccl info like inserts. So that got me wondering if anyone else had any story’s or ever found anything interesting or funny while on a cruise so if you have please reply.

Keep on cruiz'en and you will see & have more laughs.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Thats crazy!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

never sure if it was washed up, we did have waves breaking on our balcony. Or was it dropped by someone above us, maybe from the buffet area.

This is a little off topic, but when I first brought my new Lexus RX 350 home, I noticed it had a first aid kit. I looked through it and found the usual stuff; bandages, antiseptic cream etc. and THREE CONDOMS! What a country!

We just replaced our 350 with a 400h I'm going to check the first aid kit.

My Wife only drinks Pepsi so I get to lug around several bottles for her. :D

Then we place them into the cabin refrigerator.

When I was removing the Coke cans from the refrigerator to stack on the shelf by the TV I found an empty can. Someone had placed the empty can on the bottom of the stack with a full can on top to hide it.

We told the cabin Steward about the empty can. He said he would have to pay for it because he did not find it. Also, he said that the people in the Cabin before us were very demanding and were constantly trying to get free stuff. (Yes there are Jerks among us)

I told him to add the can to my bill.

Bob

Nice of you Bob as I read your post I was thinking the same, I'd just tell him to charge it to me.

We were at the airport in Hawaii after returning from a cruise and my father found a gold watch and a large roll of cash under their seats. They contacted security and left their name and phone numbers if someone could identify them. This was the idea of security. They thought someone had tossed them rather than be caught with them. No one called and my folks called a couple of times to check with security.

4boysnana

Originally Posted by charfan9 viewpost.gif

This is a little off topic, but when I first brought my new Lexus RX 350 home, I noticed it had a first aid kit. I looked through it and found the usual stuff; bandages, antiseptic cream etc. and THREE CONDOMS! What a country!

We just replaced our 350 with a 400h I'm going to check the first aid kit.

Nope must be a 350 special.

Not on a cruise, but last time we were at Legoland in Florida my daughter and I visited the restroom on the way out of the park. My daughter (9 yrs old at the time) used the handicapped stall. She came out and told me someone had left their wallet in the stall. I told her to go back and get it. I took a quick peek in it - it was full of cash. I brought it to Guest Services and then we walked back to the car.

We were still getting ourselves sorted in the car, when I noticed a young family walking to the car beside ours. The mom was holding the very wallet I had just turned in. I jumped out of the car and said, 'I recognize that wallet!' They thanked us very much as it just at the start of their vacation.

Every once in awhile, we have a guest call after departing and tell us they left their Rolex on the bathroom sink counter or their diamond earrings on the bed stand… One of these days, we will actually FIND said items. I think it's usually "phishers", trying to claim something that was never there and then trying to get the hotel to pay for the "lost" item.

As we were packing up on our last evening on Glory, DH pulled some clothes down from the top shelf of the wardrobe and a pair of the previous occupant's dirty "tighty-whiteys" came tumbling down on top of him. :D

• 2 months later...