can i bring a hairdryer in carryon?

kahliasmom

Of course you can! Why would you think otherwise?

Not trying to speak for the OP, but it is certainly reasonable to ask, especially about an unusual item. Who would have thought that we would not be allowed to travel with a bottle of water, a nail clipper, or even something as American as a pumpkin pie?

Think about it. A hair dryer contains a resistor that gets very hot, especially if air is not circulating over it to cool it. Disable the fan in the hair dryer and a hot resistor will easily burn anything it comes in contact with, and ignite flammable materials -- such as the flammable clothes that you are still allowed bring on board.

Oh no, what have I done? If the TSA reads this, next they will blacklist hair dryers, clothes, or both.

Not trying to speak for the OP, but it is certainly reasonable to ask, especially about an unusual item. Who would have thought that we would not be allowed to travel with a bottle of water, a nail clipper, or even something as American as a pumpkin pie?

Nail clipper? They are allowed and have been for years. And since when is a hair dryer "unusual?"

Think about it. A hair dryer contains a resistor that gets very hot, especially if air is not circulating over it to cool it. Disable the fan in the hair dryer and a hot resistor will easily burn anything it comes in contact with, and ignite flammable materials -- such as the flammable clothes that you are still allowed bring on board.

Assuming you can plug it in on the plane--very few planes have plugs at seats.

Oh no, what have I done? If the TSA reads this, next they will blacklist hair dryers, clothes, or both.

OK, I can bring a can of hairspray and a Bic lighter--ie instant blow torch. Do you think they haven't gotten that idea in their head? Oh wait, it is the TSA we're talking about.

My own hairdryer styles my hair like no other can. Only traveling with carryon because my parents took my luggage with them to fl so I could save $. Can I bring my hairdryer on the plane in my carryon? Thank you.

You may be able to bring it on the plane. But can you bring it on the ship? Not sure about that one/

DON

Heck, they may even blacklist you and place you on the no fly list now for suggesting this!:eek:

Archived