Diamond lounge - can you leave with drinks?

[quote name='cruisenfever']You will get the same offerings in a Diamond Lounge that you will get in a Concierge Lounge and each lounge has it's own Concierge.[/QUOTE]

What happens with Diamond + members? Do they go to the concierge lounge and the diamond lounge all in one night? I'm only a diamond member, but maybe I will be diamond plus one day, lol.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We take our last glass of wine out of every diamond "event" we ever go to...no problem.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Maybe not a ship that has a diamond lounge, but in the Krypt or Cloud Nine in the evening diamond event( wine or champagne with the rest 25 percent off drinks), no one says a word, we just take it out to finish at dinner.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='CruiseAwayWithMe']So, there is a full bar with any drink you want for Diamond members if the ship has a dedicated Diamond Lounge? I read on Royal Caribbean website and just thought you got wine or champagne with the rest 25 percent off drinks. I haven't cruised Royal Caribbean in a few years so I'm not sure how they changed their Happy Hours if any.

Last time we were on Royal Caribbean, they had a full bar for us. You used to be able to mix up your own drinks, but then they started having a waiter mix them up. The last time I was on Royal Caribbean though we were in the Concierge Lounge, not the diamond lounge. Is the Concierge Lounge much different than the Diamond Lounge?[/QUOTE]

They have a wide variety of liquor but a limited variety of brands.

[quote name='BecciBoo'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We take our last glass of wine out of every diamond "event" we ever go to...no problem.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/quote]

I think the question was about the lounges, where there is a policy about no drinks leaving the lounge. Events don't seem to be an issue.

[quote name='CruiseAwayWithMe']What happens with Diamond + members? Do they go to the concierge lounge and the diamond lounge all in one night? I'm only a diamond member, but maybe I will be diamond plus one day, lol.[/QUOTE]

They could conceivably do so, but since both lounges basically offer the same amenities and because the Diamond Lounge on Freedom class ships has terrific views of the outside while the CL is an interior room with no views, it is unlikely that they would do so. They would, instead, spend their time in the Diamond lounge.:)

[quote name='CruiseAwayWithMe']What happens with Diamond + members? Do they go to the concierge lounge and the diamond lounge all in one night? I'm only a diamond member, but maybe I will be diamond plus one day, lol.[/quote]

Actually, as a D+, we've spent many evenings at the D event rather than the CL. Often the better location, and conversation, at the D event outweighs the snacks in the CL, where it may be tough to find a seat.

....booze onboard the ship. The policy is NO but people do it anyway.
Some get caught & some do not.
The policy for the lounges is NO...you cannot take your drink with you. Some get stopped & some do not.
We have never tried to take a drink out but we have seen that the ones that get away with it is generally because the person in charge was busy & did not see them.
We have seen many people told NO when they went to leave.

We have found the dedicated lounges to always be full. We always have early dining so I do not know if it clears out a bit after 6pm. If they let in 'others' like room mates or friends of diamond members in....there would not be room for those that qualify.
We REALLY enjoy the diamond lounge as a perk & found that we actually have to get there a bit before opening to actually get a seat.

I am only referring to ships with the 'dedicated lounges'

[quote name='negc']They could conceivably do so, but since both lounges basically offer the same amenities and because the Diamond Lounge on Freedom class ships has terrific views of the outside while the CL is an interior room with no views, it is unlikely that they would do so. They would, instead, spend their time in the Diamond lounge.:)[/quote]

[quote name='PSCruiser']Actually, as a D+, we've spent many evenings at the D event rather than the CL. Often the better location, and conversation, at the D event outweighs the snacks in the CL, where it may be tough to find a seat.[/quote]

It seems odd to me that the Diamond Lounge is nicer on these ships than the Concierge Lounge. You would think the Concierge Lounge would be the nicer of the two.

[quote name='molly361']It seems odd to me that the Diamond Lounge is nicer on these ships than the Concierge Lounge. You would think the Concierge Lounge would be the nicer of the two.[/quote]
The CL on Voyager and Freedom class is mid-ship in the center. Feels like being in an inside cabin!

Voyager class ships do not have a dedicated DL as of yet, but when they built Freedom class, they got it right. Deck 14 right off the VCL with a magnificent view and patio.

[quote name='molly361']It seems odd to me that the Diamond Lounge is nicer on these ships than the Concierge Lounge. You would think the Concierge Lounge would be the nicer of the two.[/quote]

They corrected that on Oasis & Allure. The CL is significantly nicer with one of the best views on the entire ship.

The DL is nice too... don't get me wrong... the little patio over Boleros looking down on the promenade is cool.

The CL is located closer to the suites out of convenience to the suite guests. It would be tough to find a spot with a view for the CL and still be close to the suites. You could be a Diamond or higher but staying anywhere on the ship. The DL's I've been in are a larger with a better view but that's about it.

Actually, I was comparing the Diamond Event (not a DL), to the CL. On some ships the CL is a windowless room, while the D Event is usually held in either the "main" lounge or the Viking Crown, with much more room.

However, on Freedom-class ships the dedicated DL, off the Viking Crown with a private balcony area, is nicer than the CL.

[quote name='uncleboo']hi i really do not drink yes i know i can get a soda

but really must everything be alcohol

i would prefer to have another perk that i really would enjoy

you know everyrthing seem to be in this world it all depends who is there to enforce a rule

i am onlyg oing around 1 time as far as i know so if i see an opportunity i am going to take it[/quote]

The "drinks" I value most in the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge are the free espresso/ cappucino drinks which are extra pay outside the lounges. I don't drink alcohol either because unfortunately most alcoholic beverages give me raging heartburn.

There is a caveat. On some ships, such as Freedom and Liberty, those fabulous espresso machines are aging. When we sailed on Freedom in February, the machine broke the first day and remained broken the whole cruise because only land-based espresso machine technicians have the parts and know-how to fix the complex machines.

Then this week end on Liberty the Diamond Lounge espresso machine went on a slow down strike, so it reduced its output to a trickle. Luckily the Suites/D+/Pinnacle Concierge lounge had a perfectly working machine. Of course, that was of no use to Diamond level guests.

[quote name='Dave85']They corrected that on Oasis & Allure. The CL is significantly nicer with one of the best views on the entire ship.

The DL is nice too... don't get me wrong... the little patio over Boleros looking down on the promenade is cool.[/quote]

Can't wait to check out the CL on the Allure in November. It will be our first sailing as D+ Thanks:)

[quote name='molly361']Can't wait to check out the CL on the Allure in November. It will be our first sailing as D+ Thanks:)[/quote]

Enjoy! It is absolutely fabulous. Also unlike other C&A lounges, this one serves small mini-meals much of the day including breakfast and lunch.

It has a fabulous view, just stunning at times. I love watching the Allure and Oasis position itself at the dock at Labadee. It is an awesome sight out the large CL windows.

THe CL is two stories high, but they seem to serve special dinners upstairs in the evening. Otherwise, the second floor does not seem to be generally used, at least from what I have experienced.

This CL even has its own bathrooms, something not available on any other RCI ships (that I know of.) Royal really pulled out all the stops for the Oasis/Allure CL.

[quote name='SPDBigG']The CL is located closer to the suites out of convenience to the suite guests. [/quote]

Not on the Radiance class after they have the refurb. :(
Could not understand that as at least for hubby and me-loved that quick walk for coffee at any time.

[quote name='Debde']Not on the Radiance class after they have the refurb. :(
Could not understand that as at least for hubby and me-loved that quick walk for coffee at any time.[/quote]
And they didn't even improve the speed of those 4 outside elevators which are the only ones that go up to Deck 13.:mad:

[quote name='cruisenfever']And they didn't even improve the speed of those 4 outside elevators which are the only ones that go up to Deck 13.:mad:[/quote]

I can only imagine the traffice jam right before dinner!!!:eek:
I really hope the new 'sunshine' ships are designed where the suites are close to the lounge. Funny how certain people favor certain things about the lounge and frequent cappuccino's are mine!!!:o

[quote name='Debde']Not on the Radiance class after they have the refurb. :(
Could not understand that as at least for hubby and me-loved that quick walk for coffee at any time.[/quote]

Where are they located on the Radiance Class?

Deck 13. Near the Viking crown lounge which may be smaller now. I only know from what I have read and looking at the deck plans. I'm sure someone will post who has actually been on Radiance which is the first to have the re-location of the CL.

[quote name='SPDBigG']Where are they located on the Radiance Class?[/quote]
Radiance is the only ship that has had a dedicated Diamond Lounge added, which is located on Deck 13 and the Concierge Lounge relocated from where it was on Deck 10 to Deck 13. Spent 52 days on board last fall and got to enjoy all the new enhancements.

The only thing they did not address during dry dock was increasing the speed of the 4 exterior elevators that go up to Deck 13. You really have to plan your strategy when leaving for dinner if you want to be on time.

[IMG]http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/images/fleet/decks/main/rd/2010-2011/shp_rd_deck13_v10-11_dpl.gif[/IMG]

My experience of being able to walk out with drinks nighly from the DL was on the Liberty. There were a lot of people in there and the Concierge was always super busy when I was there. She did not notice me at all going in or out. The door was open and anyone could have walked in and out. Some of the time she was not even there, just the bartender who was always
kept busy. On 1 occasion I asked for a can of soda to go. No one said a word. i am going back on in November. Probably everything will be different! (LOL)

Archived