Diamond lounge - can you leave with drinks?

The rule is no. However, most concierges these days allow you to take a drink out. Many times they request you to put it in a paper coffee cup. I believe this change in attitude of concierges is that the lounges are usually soooo crowded.

The rule is no. However, most concierges these days allow you to take a drink out. Many times they request you to put it in a paper coffee cup. I believe this change in attitude of concierges is that the lounges are usually soooo crowded.

We've actually seen the policy change from week to week on a B2B based on the number of D or D+/Ps on board for that sailing.

I totally agree about the concierges and the CL. We quietly ask on the first night and happily abide by their answer. If we visit the DL we ask before we attempt to take it out.

The thing that I find distasteful is when the lounge has a "no take out" and people try and sneak drinks out. We were leaving a CL recently at the same time as three other couples were leaving. We all got into the elevator and they were bragging about how they pulled one over on the Concierge. Yuck.

As with anything, depends on the ship. We have never had a problem taking drinks out but we also had very late dining time so the lounge is always closing when we leave. :). Be nice and not too demanding of the staff, kindness goes along way. (or) As I tell my DH about the kids pick your battle, we only use the DL for happy hour drinks(and chocolate covered strawberries) so the concierge usually accommodate this one little request from us.

I hope the Oasis is just as accommodating.

I believe that is the rule, but, I have seen the enforcement of the rule spotty. Especially around dinner time. Try it and see what happens. What do you have to lose?

It depends on the Consierge and how descreet you are. We did it a number of times. In fact we always stopped in before early dinner which only allowed as a short time there and the bartenders typically would bring a "last call" which went with us to dinner. We just never made a fuss about it and kept it discreet.

Walk out with drink if someone say you can't, say I didn't know sorry. Don't do like my wife asking bartender, He/She has to say no you can't.He /She does not have to stop you.LOL
There is usually a sign posted on the exit door that you can't miss.

I definitely remember there being a sign by the door to the DL on Oasis saying you could not.

I always comply with the rule with alcoholic beverages, but have taken cups of espresso/coffee in those Seattle's Best travel cups (with a top) out with me and nobody seemed concerned about it.

What is the policy with respect to pre-dinner drinks in the diamond lounge? It would be nice to get a glass of wine and have it accompany me to dinner, but something tells me this would be frowned upon.
No drinks allowed OUT of the diamond lounge...K.O. near Philly

When I was on Oasis Dlounge was held in disco no sign at door, no concierge when leavening.The bartenders where there. My wife asked to take her drink with her.I was already out door with mine when the bartender said no she called me back in.Now we no longer ask.I had to leave mine bartender said he would be in trouble if I took it out.

What is the policy with respect to pre-dinner drinks in the diamond lounge? It would be nice to get a glass of wine and have it accompany me to dinner, but something tells me this would be frowned upon.

I look at it this way - RC (along with sister line X) is the only line where the loyalty program has anything like the free drinks etc. pre-dinner that we get as D/D+. I think its a big mistake to do anything that could infringe on these benefits, and to cut into dinner wine-sales revenue by everyone bringing in free wine could do just that.

When we go on other lines and start talking about the benefits we get on RC, I don't think some people believe us, that's how much different it is from their programs.

I have been following this thread with interest as we will finally be on diamond status with our next cruise. Please excuse my ignorance, but do all RCCL ships have a diamond lounge? If not, are there other opportunities for free drinks available for this level? Thank you.

I have been following this thread with interest as we will finally be on diamond status with our next cruise. Please excuse my ignorance, but do all RCCL ships have a diamond lounge? If not, are there other opportunities for free drinks available for this level? Thank you.

On ships with a Diamond Lounge, Diamond members have a full bar.

On ships without a dedicated Diamond Lounge, there is a nightly Diamond Event. The complimentary drinks are red wine, white wine, (on some ships) white zin, "champagne" and soft drinks. Other drinks can be purchased at a 25% discount.

Ships with Diamond Lounge: Oasis, Allure, Independence, Liberty, Freedom, Radiance, Splendour...........and perhaps others happening soon. I am not positive that I am 100% up-to-date.

Freedom and Oasis class have designated Diamond Lounges where you will get the same amenities that you get in the Concierge Lounge.

Radiance and Splendor just had dedicated DL's added when when they went through their enhancement program (extended dry dock). Rhapsody is currently in dry dock.

Other ships will be having DL's add as they proceed with their enhancement programs between now and through 2013.

Where there is no dedicated DL, there is a nightly Diamond Event that offers complimentary wine, champagne and soft drinks with other drinks available at 25% off their normal price.

OK - here is my 2 cents. In 2010 I had a suite and we took drinks out of the CL all the time. If my friend wanted a drink while he was getting ready for dinner, I would go there have a drink. Then get another and 1 for him and walk out with both. No one ever said a word.

This past November I went to the DL (no suite this time). I went in there pre-dinner. Dined on some champagne and hor-douveres. THen took a glass of wine to go. Did this 5 nights in a row. No one said anything. The DL cpmcierge was so busy, even if she saw me she never said anything. AND, no one ever asked me for my Seapass with my Diamond logo. Goes to show you, if you act like you belong and do what you please, you do not get stopped.

I was seated in the MDR with a woman who was a Diamond and her sister was not and she said that she did not want to go to the DL because her sister could not go. She could have so totally brought her sister.

we have not had a problem taking our wine to dinner with us to the early seating. once on Liberty and once on freedom. We never would sneak out, we always asked if it was ok and they let us. our last cruise this past december we did not go to the lounge so I dont know how the concierge on that particular cruise would have been, when we had amit the time before he was great. course they got a nice tip at the end.

Archived