RCI Customer Service

Since it is not rare for people to post about issues that they had with RCI customer service reps, I decided to just post that today I had to call C&A customer service reps. twice about some issues with a reservation. Both times the reps were very friendly and seemed eager to help. AND they resolved my issues.

It just seems like sometimes we are quick to knock them around here but don't give them the credit that they often times deserve.....so.... I am doing it right now.:)

Good for you!

We've contacted customer service many, many times over the years. We will give them a 98% satisfactory score. All in all, they do an excellent job. We're shore that others will disagree. So be it.

R&D

Since it is not rare for people to post about issues that they had with RCI customer service reps, I decided to just post that today I had to call C&A customer service reps. twice about some issues with a reservation. Both times the reps were very friendly and seemed eager to help. AND they resolved my issues.

It just seems like sometimes we are quick to knock them around here but don't give them the credit that they often times deserve.....so.... I am doing it right now.:)

Agreed! I have had a lot more positive experience than negative. Especially this last time I called in. The lady was very nice and accomodating. Thanks, Ocean for reporting your good experience. :)

I just recently called a few times as my cruise approaches and was very pleased each time. First my price dropped and I got a new cabin, they were super fast in moving us and the couple whose reservation was tied to ours. Without asking he saw we already had ordered our luggage tags, so he had new ones reissued. I asked about the Bring a friend promotion I had entered via the web, he didn't see it listed and took the information from me and set it up, with an explanation of how it would work. I was very happy and the luggage tags did arrive 3 days later. Now to get to the port.

I am glad to say that in this era when poor customer service seems to be the norm, my experiences with rcl have been extremely pleasant. These people deserve a pat on the back.

I don't think anyone has ever been rude to me, but they often don't know the correct answer to a question. So they are generally nice, but uniformed. And they really don't know how their own website works.

When I get someone who knows an answer right away, or gets my problem solved quickly, it's a nice surprise.

On my last cruise booking I decided to go through RCCL instead of my travel agent, and I must say that I have also had great customer service from the RCCL representatives I have spoken to, very pleasant, knowledgeable, and able to resolve issues when they arose.

Thank you RCCL.

Everytime that I have had to call them for anything or if they have called me, it has always been a pleasant experiance!

And guess what............. I have never had a problem with Web site....Never....From finding a cruise...to booking it.....to booking exursions, specialty restaurants....to final payment! :cool:

Always nice to hear a positive experience amongst all the negativity threads. I have always had nothing but pleasant dealings with anyone I have called at RCI. I have never even been put on HOLD that long when calling.

Lucky I guess :)

And guess what............. I have never had a problem with Web site....Never....From finding a cruise...to booking it.....to booking exursions, specialty restaurants....to final payment! :cool:

Same here :)

Oops. I'm going to put the cat amongst the pidgeons I'm afraid. :(.

I tried to book a 'fly/cruise' package from about May/June 2011 for a cruise on 5 May 2012 - for my 60th and my son's 30th. Group size was 5 adults and a 22mnth old grandson. RCL could give the cruise price OK and a flight price but were unable to provide any flight details - airline name, whether direct or indirect routes. Travelling with a baby we wanted to know what we would be agreeing to. (Besides, who enters into a binding contract when all the details are unknown?) We could have booked our own flights with Easyjet much cheaper but wanted the security of a fly/cruise pack (Hit by the Ash cloud twice and the operational staff on board were excellent each time)

I held back from booking thru the year on the promise that flight details would be available. In September, still no details. RCL agents suggested December 2011. When we went to book in December the price had jumped 33% (about £1200). Even though no flight details were available, we booked cruise only in a panic only to discover that the price dropped again within 48 hrs by £720 (17%)

I've written and explained that their inability to give flight data meant I held back fom booking and that the consequence of this is that I've been victim to a price rise. They won't acknowledge any part in the situation. I asked them to consider refunding the £720 - they would still get the £480 extra - but they have consistently refused and have refused even on-board credit at $300 per cabin (about £590) or any financial gesture.

I've written and said I'd withdraw my custom if we could not reach an agreement and reminded them that I've cruised 5 times in the last 5 years(revenue in excess of £15,000) This does not include the forthcoming cruise. I've said that my wife and I hoped to cruise with them over at least the next 15 years (projected revenue about £58,000) but they won't budge.

They have just offered, this week, two Birthday packs (balloons and a cake each) as a 'goodwill gesture'. Free cakes on a ship that has food available almost 24/7?? Wow!! On the postive, they've never been rude but, they've never ackowledged that their inability to give flight data has been at the root of my problem. Being politely intransigent is no good I'm afraid. Next cruise in September will be with a competitor which I'm sad about :( 'cos onboard experience is great - I love the Voyager Class of ship.:)

I agree that they are typically friendly and helpful....knowledgeable is sometimes another story:rolleyes:

Issues with a reservation...I'm jealous since I have no reservations:D

Neither did I.... so I decided to fix the problem.;):D

It is so great to read a nice thread.I think I see a bit less negativity on the posts---and we agree that RC has always been great to us.

There are enough of us who have posted here to make a difference, since we all post in different places. Let's try to encourage positive posts and get rid of the flaming.

Royal Caribbean, we hope you-re listening!!! I'm a cheerleaders, since we sail only on

RC, but any problems have been quickly take care of.

Thank you for your positive posts!

Happy day to everyone,

Cruzin Lady

I work in a customer service industry (banking) and value good customer service. People are human, and I've encountered a rep making a mistake, but once I question it, they fix it and apologize sincerely. I have never had a bad experience with RCI customer service and it is one of the reasons I continue booking with them.

I had such awesome service from a C&A rep. before our cruise that I sent a letter about her. I wanted to make sure she got recognized for being the most pleasant, helpful person I've dealt with on the phone in my adult life!:D

Have used CS with royal for years and honestly have never "not" had an issue resolved...K.O. near Philly:)

Archived