Cococay AND Labadee

BigKeith

Anyone know if a RCI itinerary has ever included both private destinations

Big Keith

Not to my knowledge. Although, I'm tracking with you...I'd be all over a cruise that did include them both. We have done both and love both. Unforunately, we may not go back to Labadee for sometime as we are not huge fans of the common Mexico and Grand Cayman stops on western itineraries and they only inc. it on the West sailings.

From a logistical standpoint it would be tough and require the ship to carry a greater load of food/supplies since they have to offload/tender all that stuff onto the beach at each of the private islands and serve the lunch buffet.

Not to my knowledge. Although, I'm tracking with you...I'd be all over a cruise that did include them both. We have done both and love both. Unforunately, we may not go back to Labadee for sometime as we are not huge fans of the common Mexico and Grand Cayman stops on western itineraries and they only inc. it on the West sailings.

From a logistical standpoint it would be tough and require the ship to carry a greater load of food/supplies since they have to offload/tender all that stuff onto the beach at each of the private islands and serve the lunch buffet.

We are on an Eastern Caribbean cruise that does include a stop at Labadee. Our other stops are St Maarten, St Kitts, and San Juan.

We are on an Eastern Caribbean cruise that does include a stop at Labadee. Our other stops are St Maarten, St Kitts, and San Juan.

Sweet! What cruise and ship is that? I've never noticed it on an eastern. That sounds like a great sailing.

Sweet! What cruise and ship is that? I've never noticed it on an eastern. That sounds like a great sailing.

You hit Labadee on the longer Easterns out of New Jersey and Baltimore, so Explorer and Enchantment

Did the 12 nighter on Enchantment in December (which I think was described as Southern), great itinerary :)

Big Keith

If they could I bet you they would, more revenue since it is all RCI! However, have never seen it. Wonder if there are rules against it??

Big Keith

I was on a cruise in May 2009 which included both Labadee and Cococay, but that was because of the swine flu/H1N1 break out in Mexico. This was a Western Caribbean cruise on the Liberty of the Seas and they substituted Cococay for Cozumel.

You hit Labadee on the longer Easterns out of New Jersey and Baltimore, so Explorer and Enchantment

Did the 12 nighter on Enchantment in December (which I think was described as Southern), great itinerary :)

I was just going to write that. Our upcoming 9 night cruise on Explorer is going to Bermuda, Labadee, St. Maarten and San Juan. The 9 night I am looking at for January is the same, with Samana DR substituted for Bermuda.

I was on a cruise in May 2009 which included both Labadee and Cococay, but that was because of the swine flu/H1N1 break out in Mexico. This was a Western Caribbean cruise on the Liberty of the Seas and they substituted Cococay for Cozumel.

I thought ere may have been an example of where the itinerary had to change and they were both included. Would be a great cruise though to visit them both. Cococay over Cozumel any day!

That addresses the question of whether or not the ship can carry enough supplies for two private island lunches ashore.

We were on the Grandeur of the Seas many years ago when its scheduled stop in Labadee was cancelled due to political unrest in Haiti and we went to Nassau instead. We were then scheduled to go to Coco Cay but weather conditions made it impossible for them to tender passengers to the island. As a result we saw neither Labadee nor Coco Cay on that sailing.:( We have been to both individually on other cruises and really enjoy the time in those two location.

I have never been to CocoCay. How is it compared to Labadee? I know that it will not have the dramatic mountain backdrop that Labadee does, but does it have similar amenities?

The amenities are similar, but I don't think CocoCay is nearly as pretty as Labadee.

Yeh some great Snorkelling there. Nice clear waters and make sure you look out for the sunken plane

I'll second that and call it at least decent, I enjoyed it and got some good sea life pictures.

does anyone know if there is good snorkeling at cococay ?

Hi Jill! We snorkled in Coco Cay and had a blast! So yes. The snorkling is great.

We decided not to take our off snorkle gear and just paid to use theirs. The toughest think was walking out in the water to snorkle. Once you got out there it is fun. My DS who was 11 last summer, it was his 1st time to EVER snorkle. It was tough for him to walk out in the water in his flippers-me too for that matter. We have great memories of swimming right in the middle of a school of yellow fish. They thought we had food. We saw the sunken airplane and something else? There is a life guard out there and a platform to sit on a take a break.

One painful thing was that our swimsuits rubbed on my son's inner theigh and it HURTS! Later in the week, It happened to me too. It burns. If anyone knows how to avoid that, I would love to know because we headed back to the ship because of the pain. Saltwater doesn not feel good on raw skin.

The Navigator has been doing 8 night sailings all season doing this itinerary, and the Independence will do it next year.

Archived