Fall 2013 and 2014 Caribbean...4 and 5 night sailings

sunsetbeachgal

sunsetbeachgal,

Thanks so much for passing this along. I was looking for a FLL to LA around South America but didn't see any. Did I miss it?

thanks again

I don't think they doing it. Not according the schedule posted. I wonder why since it so heavily waitlisted for the 2013 cruise on the Grand.

I don't think they doing it. Not according the schedule posted. I wonder why since it so heavily waitlisted for the 2013 cruise on the Grand.

Me too. It's been waitlisted from day 1. Maybe they don't make as much money on those long ones since it usually is seasoned cruiser and the shorter ones are full of first timers and they spend more.

Thanks for posting this information. We were considering the Oasis or Allure but just discussed last night that we would love to sail the Carribean on the Royal. My DH has a BIG birthday on November 24 - a date it sails!

Karen

My TA just forwarded me Princess schedule that goes into 2014...starting in December, 2013, the Ruby is doing 4 and 5 night sailings out of Ft. Lauderdale...don't remember Princess ever doing many cruises less than 7 nights....very interesting!! Maybe they see the market changing?
Thanks for posting! This does not surprise me at all. When Celebrity started doing 4 & 5 night cruises, I thought it was only a matter of time that Princess will follow.

BUT, I just got an AMEX platinum card because of the cruise perks - it offers 2 cabin upgrades (or $300 OBC in suite), specialty dinners and a bottle of bubbly with each cruise. THE BIG BUT is that it is only offered on 7 day or more cruises and not B2B's, So the shorter ones are out for us.

I just had a look at the AMEX platinum benefits, and although I do see the upgrades, it doesn't appear to apply to Princess. It shows benefits for NCL, Royal Caribbean, HAL, Regent, Oceana, and a few other smaller ones. Nothing listed for Princess though. :(

Wonder if we have the same TA? I received the spreadsheet today as well. I think it's good that Princess is offering some shorter sailings. I've done a couple out of Florida when we've gone to stay several days in Miami first and then wanted to do a short cruise.

In regards to the Royal's itinerary, I figured St Thomas, St Maarten and Princess Cays. I thought they would also do Grand Turk. Do you think it's because of being a larger ship and more passengers? I'm surprised there isn't another stop.

I do like that the Crown will be coming back to Fort Lauderdale in 2014.

I haven't had a chance to look at all of the spreadsheet but happy to have it to review.

Does anyone know if the Island/ Coral Princess will do 10 day partial Panama Canal cruises in the Fall of 2013?

There are 10, 11 and 15 nigh Panama Canal cruises during this time.

You are probably most interested in Coral Princess 10 and 11 night which fall in the fall of 2013.

How do you think this is going to impact Elite status? With so many short cruise 2,3,4,5 days there will be many more reaching Elite status quickly if they go by the number of cruises as opposed to days...

I personally do not like the short cruises..too much like party cruises which we took several times on Carnival out of LA and they did not make for pleasurable experiences. JMHO

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.

It is interesting that one of their newer ships (Ruby Princess) is doing the shorter cruises. Frequently, older ships are assigned to the shorter itineraries from Florida. Also, I noticed the Golden Princess will be doing a series of short cruises from Los Angeles.

Although I certainly prefer longer cruises (at least seven days), I sometimes take shorter cruises between my main cruises. This gives me a chance to try a different ship without taking too much additional vacation time. I may try to squeeze in a short cruise on the Ruby Princess (I have never cruised aboard this ship before) between longer cruises.

Chuck

There are 10, 11 and 15 nigh Panama Canal cruises during this time.

You are probably most interested in Coral Princess 10 and 11 night which fall in the fall of 2013.

Any idea when dates will be out. Planning a cruise for my 50th and my dates I can get off work are very limiting so it is going to be a challenge to plan this.

Any idea when dates will be out. Planning a cruise for my 50th and my dates I can get off work are very limiting so it is going to be a challenge to plan this.

See post #12 there is a link to an excel spreadsheet that has all the dates.

How do you think this is going to impact Elite status? With so many short cruise 2,3,4,5 days there will be many more reaching Elite status quickly if they go by the number of cruises as opposed to days...

Hi,

They may decide to change their point system. Royal Caribbean changed their system so that passengers receive credit based on the length of the cruise (a three-day cruise is worth three points, a seven-day cruise is worth seven points, etc.). Prior to this change, Royal Caribbean granted the same credit for each cruise. I heard people were taking a lot of short Bahamas cruises to quickly elevate their past passenger status.

Chuck

I'm pretty geeked about them offering the option of shorter cruises. I'm a FL resident, and am able to cruise more frequently on shorter itineraries rather than having to take an entire week off of work. Princess is my preferred cruiseline for so many reasons, and I don't like Carnival at all by comparison (I've sailed on them twice.). I've done a few short cruises on Royal Caribbean, and generally found they remind me a great deal of Princess, and are nothing like the party boat cruises in Carnival.

My thought is they'll see how their first foray into a regular schedule of short cruises goes. I don't think it's unrealistic for them to use one ship out of their entire fleet for short cruises, especially when there's obviously a demand for them.

Archived