RT 28 days LA to Hawaii/Tahiti/Samoa/Moorea/Bora Bora

KruzPrincess

For those of you who have done this cruise, would you do it again? I recall Toto's less than positive review. This is one of my dream cruises. What do you think? What kind of cabin did you have? What would you do different? Please just give me your thoughts. Thank you.

We did this cruise in Oct 2011. It was a dream cruise but had many issues. The ports were fantastic and the ship was wonderful. The CD was less than so-so and that made the entertainment for the many sea days less than desirable. The 8 days home from Tahiti were too many for me--- but remember my words here are my personal opinion. I can only tolerate so many sea days when the activities are the same every day. They attempted a murder cruise for that 8 days but it was a royal mess. Many of the passengers had rage issues due to age and/or attitude and that posed problems for many. As for us, we avoided all of this but witnessed many problems. My advice is to do what we did and avoid organized groups. it was Toto's downfall that too many people saw her as their "mother" and personal TA. She was not allowed to enjoy her vacation for having to be a den mother to many people. Too sad. We have lost her and her expertise here because of this.

And, no, I would not do this cruise again but I do not regret having done it. I loved every port and the ship was wonderful. However, none of the ports are on my bucket list for a repeat. Each one was special on the first visit!

Thanks for your thoughts. I appreciate it. I wouldn't have Toto's issues because I wouldn't join in that much. I pretty much would keep to myself and just read and relax. That aside, I did have concerns that there was no TV reception for much of the cruise and I'd probably miss that. I love to watch movies and would miss hearing some news. The one I'm looking at will be on the Golden Princess.

I know of others who were on Toto's cruise, and they are doing it again in 2013. We will be doing it in 2013 as well. We have been to all the ports before, and they are wonderful. The SP is just beautiful especially if you love scenery and the most beautiful clear water ever. I do wish this itinerary had at least one stop on the return to LA, but we do love sea days, so it should be fine. We've just never had that many sea days in a row - yet! We already have a very big roll call for the March 2013 cruise that has been active for over a year already. Lots of tours planned and even Wait Lists for some of them already. Come join us!

Thanks for your thoughts. I appreciate it. I wouldn't have Toto's issues because I wouldn't join in that much. I pretty much would keep to myself and just read and relax. That aside, I did have concerns that there was no TV reception for much of the cruise and I'd probably miss that. I love to watch movies and would miss hearing some news. The one I'm looking at will be on the Golden Princess.

When is the Golden Princess doing this itinerary?

When is the Golden Princess doing this itinerary?

4/2014 according to the new schedule.

I always say I would do a cruise to nowhere because I love sea days, so I guess this would be a test. Sometimes I go on cruises and never even get off the ship. I think I'd be OK.

I always say I would do a cruise to nowhere because I love sea days, so I guess this would be a test. Sometimes I go on cruises and never even get off the ship. I think I'd be OK.

Is this date open for booking yet? Didn't see it listed on the Princess website. Thank you for the info.

I did have concerns that there was no TV reception for much of the cruise and I'd probably miss that. I love to watch movies and would miss hearing some news.

When there is no TV reception, it is for current events, be they sports programming or news (which you would miss). Movies and other entertainment channels are already on the ship and thus do not rely on satellite commuication to view, so you would still have movies available on the TV.

What date in April 2014. Where can I find these itineraries?

Thanks

Lucky you We have done all those ports and would love to do it again but they are not having this itinerary from Sydney and the air fares make it out of our pocket. We found an inside cabin (for our 75 days cruise which did those ports) excellent:D

The ports are worth a lot of suffering, which is how I see that many sea days in a row (for us, 4 are okay, 5 are pushing it). We've twice done transpacifics which go to all those ports and loved them. But, for us, the long flight one way to/from Stdney is a better option, especially since we love Sydney and enjoyed New Zealand very much. I'll have a hard time getting DH to do even that for a third time, at least eastbound, because there are 4 sea days at the end. Sea days at the beginning of a cruise are easier to take than at the end of a cruise. We would consider the 8 sea days on the end of the round trip LA cruises intolerable.

What date in April 2014. Where can I find these itineraries?

Thanks

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1614326

You will find a link to a spreadsheet and a PDF file in this thread. It has the new schedule which will be announced soon. I believe the date is 4/1/2014. There is also another voyage with this itinerary in October 2013 on the Sapphire. I actually would prefer the Sapphire over the Golden, but I want to cruise in the spring of 2014.

WE also did this cruise in 2011 and I guess I am a glass half full person because many of the issues that seemed to get to others were non existant to us. We spent our seadays with friends mostly in the Lotus spa pool and sometimes in the Sanctuary...so no problems with the pool, chair hogs or the like. We had a standing reservation in the anytime dining room with our friends at a table for 8 so no problems with dining room issues.

We love sea days and we loved this itinerary. The ports on this cruise are wonderful and there is nothing like the laid back beauty of the South Pacific. There were walkers and wheel chairs and for this I applaud those who were brave enough to travel using them, I have been in this position myself and know it is not easy to navigate through large crowds.

I think what happens with a popular itinerary like this is that the roll call gets too large and less experienced travelors look to certain people on their roll call to organize and act as their TA..this if you let it can certainly change your outlook on the cruise at the end.

We were also on the 10/11 cruise and loved it. I am another of those who would do it again in a heartbeat.

Even though we had done the 10 day r/t Papeete cruise a couple of years before the 2011 one, getting to go back to the ports of Bora Bora, Moorea, and Papeete was a dream come true.

I loved ALL those sea days, while my cruising buddy got a little restless during the last few days of the 8 days back to LA. We both were missing access to TV news for the approximate 3 weeks that we were out of satellite range, and just wanted to feel like we had an idea what was going on in the world. When the yen got too strong, we made quick visits online to catch a few headlines. At least we always had internet access to stay in touch with family and friends,

It was a very impressive feeling to stand on the uppermost deck of the ship and turn 360 degrees and see NOTHING but blue Pacific water in every direction for 3-4 days in a row. No land, no ships, no birds ..... nothing in view but ocean!!!

No matter the few negatives, it was the very best cruise I have been on, and I would love to do it all over again.

Another thing to remember on the TV/movie situation. The movies are shown over and over and there is little variety in programming. You will have the same choices for the entire cruise.

Since most folks who cruise are adults we must assume they are mature and responsible enough to take care of themselves on a cruise. It is not right to try to make that situation the fault of a fellow passenger who offered "assistance" and who spent large dollars to enjoy a cruise themselves. Assistance and advice is totally different from "babysitting". Let's be careful how we word things.

I think Princess should constantly have a ship doing 12 nighters between Hawaii and Tahiti. We did this itinerary as a b2b aboard the Dawn in 2003 and loved it. The flights to and from Hawaii were easy and reasonably priced plus you don't have a massive 8 seas days at the end.

The ports are worth a lot of suffering, which is how I see that many sea days in a row (for us, 4 are okay, 5 are pushing it). We've twice done transpacifics which go to all those ports and loved them. But, for us, the long flight one way to/from Stdney is a better option, especially since we love Sydney and enjoyed New Zealand very much.

While it would be convenient for me to take a roundtrip from LA with no flights required, I would also prefer to fly to Sydney to experience New Zealand again & to have more pre-cruise time to explore more of the Sydney area.

On my Sydney to LA cruise some people complained that the only news channel available in the South Pacific was Fox News. The explanation was that it was a Fox satellite they used for Internet access and thus only the FNC was available.

WE also did this cruise in 2011 and I guess I am a glass half full person because many of the issues that seemed to get to others were non existant to us. We spent our seadays with friends mostly in the Lotus spa pool and sometimes in the Sanctuary...so no problems with the pool, chair hogs or the like. We had a standing reservation in the anytime dining room with our friends at a table for 8 so no problems with dining room issues.

We love sea days and we loved this itinerary. The ports on this cruise are wonderful and there is nothing like the laid back beauty of the South Pacific. There were walkers and wheel chairs and for this I applaud those who were brave enough to travel using them, I have been in this position myself and know it is not easy to navigate through large crowds.

I think what happens with a popular itinerary like this is that the roll call gets too large and less experienced travelors look to certain people on their roll call to organize and act as their TA..this if you let it can certainly change your outlook on the cruise at the end.

We were also on the 10/11 cruise and loved it. I am another of those who would do it again in a heartbeat.

Even though we had done the 10 day r/t Papeete cruise a couple of years before the 2011 one, getting to go back to the ports of Bora Bora, Moorea, and Papeete was a dream come true.

I loved ALL those sea days, while my cruising buddy got a little restless during the last few days of the 8 days back to LA. We both were missing access to TV news for the approximate 3 weeks that we were out of satellite range, and just wanted to feel like we had an idea what was going on in the world. When the yen got too strong, we made quick visits online to catch a few headlines. At least we always had internet access to stay in touch with family and friends,

It was a very impressive feeling to stand on the uppermost deck of the ship and turn 360 degrees and see NOTHING but blue Pacific water in every direction for 3-4 days in a row. No land, no ships, no birds ..... nothing in view but ocean!!!

No matter the few negatives, it was the very best cruise I have been on, and I would love to do it all over again.

Thanks to both of you for your thoughts. I love my sea days and I love being out on the ocean. I guess this would be a test to see just how much I love it. I'm pretty good at enjoying just being on the ship.

Archived