do you have to pay

suesie

for the food in Johnny Rockets or is included. We are on theLiberty of the Seas at the end of April.

Sorry if this is a silly question but I haven't been on a large rci ship before [ been on the Brilliance].

Ir you have to 'pay' what sort of cost is it?

Thanks

Don't forget to save room for a Hot Fudge Oreo Sundae. If that doesn't do it for you then have a slice of warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream.:D

Are these desserts included in the $4.95, or are they extra like the shakes?

I believe dessert is included - just shakes are extra - we took our grandsons and found it was not worth $5 (rounded) pp for the amount they ate. Know alot of folks love it tho.

It is included in the cover.

I believe dessert is included - just shakes are extra - we took our grandsons and found it was not worth $5 (rounded) pp for the amount they ate. Know alot of folks love it tho.

Just a burger and sundae would be well worth the $5.

It is included in the cover.

Just a burger and sundae would be well worth the $5.

Yes but we paid close to $20 for 4 of us - didn't find the food to be that great - kids had a hot dog and some fries and split a dessert. IDK - just didn't feel it.

I'm going to have to disagree. The onion rings are awesome, I've had burgers and sandwiches from there before and it was great! Well worth the $5 to me!

Yes but we paid close to $20 for 4 of us - didn't find the food to be that great - kids had a hot dog and some fries and split a dessert. IDK - just didn't feel it.

Then again you would have paid considerably more than that if you were eating at a land-based Johnny Rockets. It's fast food and as close as you are going to get to cooked to order comfort food onboard a ship. It is all relative. Don't forget that the entertainment is also included for the cover charge. On Oasis and Allure they serve breakfast at no charge.:)

Then again you would have paid considerably more than that if you were eating at a land-based Johnny Rockets. It's fast food and as close as you are going to get to cooked to order comfort food onboard a ship. It is all relative. Don't forget that the entertainment is also included for the cover charge. On Oasis and Allure they serve breakfast at no charge.:)

Absolutely and may be worth it to those who enjoy it.

Don't feel bad; there are those of us out there who feel the same as you do. Went once, it was merely "OK", will not go back. Glad there is so much choice onboard - something for everyone. :)

We probably won't be back either.

JR breakfasts are free - at least on Oasis class.

Not on Explorer

I can remember when Johnny Rockets was free and I have to agree the onion rings are great. My husband would pop in for onion rings only and take them out. Can't do that anymore. :)

we took our grandsons and found it was not worth $5 (rounded) pp for the amount they ate. Know alot of folks love it tho.

I agree. Not worth in on the ship or on land - even if it does cost more at the mall. I love burgers, but for some reason the Johnny Rockets ones do not do anything for me. Too greasy for my taste - I guess In 'N Out Burger has spoiled me. With all the other great food on the ship that you do not have to pay for, I would never go back.

Thought so.

Talked to dad yet about taking you along next time?..........

My parents aren't too enthused with my cruise addiction. I couldn't tell you how many I've tried to get us on! A few days off from school? Hey let's take a cruise! But there's a ship in NJ, why haven't we been on it yet, it's so close!? Hey next year we could do 2 weeks over spring break and I would only miss 4 days of school! Let's go on a Med cruise! How bout Alaska?

They claim that it's "financially ridiculous". Don't they want me to be happy? :p

I never stop! :)

A land-based Johnny Rockets has a much more varied menue...but of course, it's more expensive on land!

If you want a change of pace, $5 isn't too bad...but it's certainly nothing that will ruin your vacation if you miss it!

Im not a huge meat eater perhaps, as half a hamburger is all I can eat. We always split one, so it really isnt worth it to me either.

However, I did enjoy the free breakfast at Johnny Rockets on Oasis, quick and fast and seems not so many knew about it being free.

(Yes I realize OP is on another ship).

To me there is so much food and I wouldnt pay extra for a hamburger with all I can get for free. They were kinda soggy to me the few times we did eat there for lunch. Just not my thing perhaps.

My parents aren't too enthused with my cruise addiction. I couldn't tell you how many I've tried to get us on! A few days off from school? Hey let's take a cruise! But there's a ship in NJ, why haven't we been on it yet, it's so close!? Hey next year we could do 2 weeks over spring break and I would only miss 4 days of school! Let's go on a Med cruise! How bout Alaska?

They claim that it's "financially ridiculous". Don't they want me to be happy? :p

I never stop! :)

You sound like my kids - who we have taken on most but left behind on some. But like I tell them - you are young and will have many more than me soon enough because you started when you did. You'll have your chances. Enjoy!

Can you order just a milkshake without having to pay the $4.95 cover?

I believe you can. You have to make sure you make your intentions well known as they seat you. From what I understand, they automatically drop a plate of rings and/or fries on the table as they seat you or shortly afterwards when you are there to eat.

I believe I've seen several times around here that if you don't make your plans known, and those rings hit the table, you're paying the cover.

I could be wrong. I am still learning around here myself.

Archived