Cruise Atlas?

sail7seas

Now that it has been some months since HAL published cruise brochures, do you miss them?

I do.

I still want at the least a cruise atlas when looking for what cruises we want.

I have gotten no more used to or satisfied with jumping around the HAL site to find our cruises than I was at the start and still regret they deny us accessibility to written cruise listings.

The current cruise atlas is just about worthless at this point but I could not get an updated one on our recent Maasdam cruise.

This was a serious cutback IMO that still disappoints me.

Anyone else?

After sailing on the Eurodam in March of this year we purchased a future cruise with the FCC on board. He gave me one one the spot!

Somebody is hoarding them because they do exist!

There were plenty on Maasdam, too. However, they haven't been updated. They are old and not reliable.

No new one has been published that I've seen/heard of and I've asked.

I have no idea how HAL thinks I can find a cruise to book without a brochure. It's not like I'm going to know what I want until they put it in front of me, 'cause I'm not.

The website asks me to put in info about what I want---things like date, place, ship. That's not how it works for me.

I either sit and glance at a brochure, or the atlas, and something strikes my fancy, or someone on CC mentions a cruise and I say "Oh! That sounds nice".

It's more like window shopping, with no intent to buy, when the perfect cruise presents itself. And I buy.

Now, if HAL doesn't want to sell....

That's it EXACTLY!!!!

Once again, Ruth, you have expressed it perfectly.

I don't know what cruises we may be missing because I don't even know they're available. :eek:

We could have been booking all sort of things had we even known about them.

How many times we booked a cruise because I left a new brochure on the kitchen counter and when DH came home from the office, it caught his eye, he took it with him while he watched tv and I found check marks on pages that interested him!!!

Now....... NOT. There's nothing for him to look at.

I have no idea how HAL thinks I can find a cruise to book without a brochure. It's not like I'm going to know what I want until they put it in front of me, 'cause I'm not.

The website asks me to put in info about what I want---things like date, place, ship. That's not how it works for me.

I either sit and glance at a brochure, or the atlas, and something strikes my fancy, or someone on CC mentions a cruise and I say "Oh! That sounds nice".

It's more like window shopping, with no intent to buy, when the perfect cruise presents itself. And I buy.

Now, if HAL doesn't want to sell....

Same for me Ruth - unless someone posts an itinerary that sounds fabulous - without the brochure - I probably won't see it.

I don't get it - I'm getting a pile of brochures and mini brochures from cruise lines that I haven't asked for and nothing from HAL. (btw on our Maasdam cruise in March the cruise atlas was the same as on our Prinsendam cruise last November).

I like to look and when I find the perfect itinerary - then I can show it to dh and book it.:)

A travel agent gave me one last month, and a friend told me she got her's at AAA.

A cruise Atlas? What dates does it cover?

Mine runs from April 2012-April 2013, and that's the latest I've heard of.

I would also be interested in a brochure for Asia and one for the Prinsendam for 2013. Do you know if either of those exist?

Thanks for any information.

A travel agent gave me one last month, and a friend told me she got her's at AAA.

IF it is the one that runs through April 2013, you may find many changes have occured since it was published. I have that Atlas and it's good as far as it goes but may be out of date for many things..... and we're looking to book cruises past April 2013. Time for an updated one IMO

IF you have a more current one, you are lucky. I looked while on Maasdam and they only had the one I have.

Is the Cruise Atlas/Planner another over-promised Mariner benefit? It's listed as a benefit for 2-, 3-, and 4-star Mariners ... but it seems no one is getting them in the mail, mostly from their T/A or from the Future Consultant onboard.

Yes, I miss receiving the planner ... by browsing and turning pages I'm more apt to find something that catches my attention, something I might not spot on the website.

That's it EXACTLY!!!!

How many times we booked a cruise because I left a new brochure on the kitchen counter and when DH came home from the office, it caught his eye, he took it with him while he watched tv and I found check marks on pages that interested him!!!

Now....... NOT. There's nothing for him to look at.

That's how booking a cruise happens here.:)

This was posted on a previous thread about Cruise Atlas by DBA. It sounds like there may or may not be one.

DutchByAssociation

April 18th, 2012, 06:01 PM

You have not seen another (newer) one, because there is not another (newer) one that has been released.

If/when it is, it will be distributed to the ships and the ebrochure will be available on the website.

In the meantime, the HAL website can assist with any cruise curiosities of released products after April 2013 as applicable.

I would like to advise DBA or whoever in Seattle is involved with the Cruise Atlas that had I not been on Maasdam and not spoken with a FCC who thought to mention the seven day Boston to Boston one time cruise, there is NO WAY UNDER THIS SUN I ever would have heard about it. I would not have known it existed and could not have booked it.

Surely I am not the only one who doesn't know what cruise they don't know about.

If you don't know something even might exist how would you know to enter the proper preferences into the Find a Cruise Box for it to even appear?

There have to be any number of people who are not finding cruises they would have loved to discover and book.

Perhaps those people went to cruise lines that offer brochures for them to read and discover what they are selling?

It's hard to sell something to people who don't even know it exists. This seems so obvious to so many of us..... :confused: Isn't it all about Selling Cruises?

We got the present cruise atlas last September last year -- and saw a cruise offered on the Prinsendam that interested us for November of this year.

When our TA called Seattle she was told that instead of the cruise the Prinsendam would be going into dry dock.

So the Atlas was only out a few months and already changes were made in itineraries. And there have not been any updated brochures of any kind that we could pick up.

A cruise Atlas? What dates does it cover?

Mine runs from April 2012-April 2013, and that's the latest I've heard of.

I would also be interested in a brochure for Asia and one for the Prinsendam for 2013. Do you know if either of those exist?

Thanks for any information.

I don't have a cruise atlas & haven't seen one for a while, but did get in the mail a brochure from HAL called "vivid"

It covers only a smattering of cruises on various HAL ships such as: Australia,New Zealand & the South Pacific - 5 cruises on Pgs 5 & 6 ; Asia - 4 Cruises Pgs 7 & 8; South America - 4 Cruises Pg 9 & 10 of which one is on the Prinsendam leaving Jan 5 for 68 days; Asia & Australia- 4 cruises Pgs 11 & 12; & finally Europe - 3 Cruises Pg 13..

All of these are from 14 to 68 days & they sail in 2012 up to April 1, 2013 only..:(

I too would love to see an Atlas, as DH does not use the Internet & constantly want to know If I've found a cruises which would interest him..He chose the Prinsendam 68 day cruise to SA & Antarctica RT from FTL next Jan. by looking at the beautiful brochure...

My Friend & I would like to convince our DH's to do the "Voyage of the Vikings" in 2013..But we need a glossy brochure to talk them into it only because they both are so tall & hate to fly..Looks like I'll have to check it out on the Internet, but it's not the same!

We're receiving lots of beautiful brochures in the mail from other companies including large travel wholesalers..I think HAL needs to step up to the plate & re think their advertising policy..Not all of their Psgrs want to use the Internet exclusively..

JMO..Betty

We have gotten many brochures from Princess, Cunard and NCL.

We went and picked up Celebrity brochures.

HAL -- we have gotten individual brochures from them in a long time -- like we used to get for various itineraries.

My DH doesn't use the computer and the other day he had to ask how to turn on the computer!!

:)

I don't have a cruise atlas & haven't seen one for a while, but did get in the mail a brochure from HAL called "vivid"

It covers only a smattering of cruises on various HAL ships such as: Australia,New Zealand & the South Pacific - 5 cruises on Pgs 5 & 6 ; Asia - 4 Cruises Pgs 7 & 8; South America - 4 Cruises Pg 9 & 10 of which one is on the Prinsendam leaving Jan 5 for 68 days; Asia & Australia- 4 cruises Pgs 11 & 12; & finally Europe - 3 Cruises Pg 13..

All of these are from 14 to 68 days & they sail in 2012 up to April 1, 2013 only..:(

I too would love to see an Atlas, as DH does not use the Internet & constantly want to know If I've found a cruises which would interest him..He chose the Prinsendam 68 day cruise to SA & Antarctica RT from FTL next Jan. by looking at the beautiful brochure...

My Friend & I would like to convince our DH's to do the "Voyage of the Vikings" in 2013..But we need a glossy brochure to talk them into it only because they both are so tall & hate to fly..Looks like I'll have to check it out on the Internet, but it's not the same!

We're receiving lots of beautiful brochures in the mail from other companies including large travel wholesalers..I think HAL needs to step up to the plate & re think their advertising policy..Not all of their Psgrs want to use the Internet exclusively..

JMO..Betty

I was just in my local CAA Travel Store yesterday & there were several copies of the HAL Cruise Atlas on the rack! Do you have a AAA Travel Store where you live? :)

It makes no sense to me the savings in money offsets the large number of prospective cruisers that have no idea what HAL is selling because they are making it so hard to know.

Why should we have to work so hard to find out if they have a cruise we want? :confused:

I was just in my local CAA Travel Store yesterday & there were several copies of the HAL Cruise Atlas on the rack! Do you have a AAA Travel Store where you live? :)

I suspect that Atlas was the 2012-2013 edition which many of us have and does not include voyages past April 2013. Some of us are already planning cruises beyond that date. I too am getting print material from other lines especially Regent and Oceania as well as Princess but no print material from HAL, our current line of choice. Maybe that is the problem. Oh well.

Archived