Concerned after the Freedom/tobacco incident

On my upcoming cruise I will be bringing a case (10) of cigars for my friends. The concern is they are packaged in individual aluminum tubes. I hate to think what they look like to a scanner! Should I put them in my suitcase or carry on. I'm thinking carry on so I can address any concerns.

On my upcoming cruise I will be bringing a case (10) of cigars for my friends. The concern is they are packaged in individual aluminum tubes. I hate to think what they look like to a scanner! Should I put them in my suitcase or carry on. I'm thinking carry on so I can address any concerns.

I would carry them on. As long as they aren't illegal Cuban cigars, you have nothing to be concerned with. If they question them at security, you have nothing to hide, they will look at them and let you go, no big deal.

Have a great cruise.

I wonder if this incident will deter any rumrunner people.

I think if RCI booted a few more people of for smuggling booze on board contrary to rules and regs,it might well stop the smugglers.:D

Don't worry about. Cigar in tubes are common. Put them in your carry on bag.

It isn't like you are trying to smuggle Cuban cigars OUT of the country!:D

Cuban cigars would only be a problem if you try to smuggle them into the U.S.

Despite repeated attempts by the Hager350z, a point lost on many who have commented on the multiple threads is that she was trying to provide some information to the rest of us in order that we may all potentially avoid the unpleaseantness associated with what happened to her.

She stated that it was a bonehead move to pack the tobacco in the way in which they did. If they had it to do all over again they would either have packed the tobacco in a different way or not brought it at all. Lesson learned by them and passed on to all of us. One of the benefits of this board.

We can speculate on their motives for what they did originally and why they did it. But it remains speculation.

The important point is not to put yourself in a position where you have to defend yourself from the authorities, whoever the authorities may be. That goes for tobacco or medications or whatever.

Bottom line. The OP (who is a newbie) posted his concern about bringing his own cigars on the FOS. It appears the replys should assure him that he will be just fine.:)

Now, as far as "Tobaccogate" is concerned, I am going to get a bag of popcorn, sit in the bleachers, and watch the storm.:rolleyes:

BTW, I will be on the FOS on June 3rd, ani when I meet the Security Chief, I will double check about him bring his own cigars onboard and will post back on this thread.:D

I would pack then in my your carry on. If they are in your checked luggage & they aren't sure what they are you will not have to waste time going to the naughty room.

Or getting called back down to the pier. I agree that it would be best to take anything you fear could get you questioned in your carry-on, so that it can be resolved immediately.

I think if RCI booted a few more people of for smuggling booze on board contrary to rules and regs,it might well stop the smugglers.:D

Or if they adopted an alcohol policy more in line with other cruise lines including sister line Celebrity...

Trout

I would carry them on. As long as they aren't illegal Cuban cigars, you have nothing to be concerned with. If they question them at security, you have nothing to hide, they will look at them and let you go, no big deal.

Have a great cruise.

...and if they are Cuban, just take the bands off.

Trout

Don't hide them in a fake bottom hairspray can, and you'll be fine!

:D :D :D

Mr Wolf has brought some cigars before - in their original packaging.

Tobaccogate

Perfect - can't believe the hornet's nest this has stirred up but it's made for amusing reading. Although there is no way to keep up!

Archived