Review - with pictures - Sapphire Princess California Costal cruise - Apr/May 2012

Cuizer2

We sail on the Sapphire in Jan in a balcony. Do they still give bathrobes to balcony cruisers?

From Princess FAQ:

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp#

The little extras you find in the best hotels — fresh fruit (by request), evening bed turn-down, chocolates on your pillow, complimentary shampoo, conditioner and body lotion — are provided in every stateroom. Waffle weave cloth bathrobes are available upon request from your stateroom steward for your comfort and convenience.

For those of you who wish to enjoy a relaxing drink in the privacy of your stateroom, bottles of liquor and stateroom bar packages are available for purchase at non-duty-free prices through room service or from designated bar locations. Click here to download our menu of offerings.

Mini-suites include a welcome glass of champagne, two televisions, a sitting area and a spacious closet, while full suites offer all of these premiums plus amenities such as a DVD/CD player and free access to a DVD library. Full suite passengers also enjoy complimentary laundry and dry cleaning, use of the Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite (on select ships), one-time free mini-bar setup and use of our Disembarkation Lounge.

Each stateroom has other luxuries for your convenience, such as a private safe and refrigerator. In addition, each room is equipped with a 110-volt, 60-cycle alternating current (AC) with standard U.S. plug fittings. Please ask your stateroom steward to check your appliances for suitability before use if you have any questions. All ships are equipped with an electric hair dryer in every stateroom.

Edited by MilliesMom

Wow, thanks so much for sharing your great photos with us. Did a similar itinerary when our Mexican Riveria cruise was re-routed due to swine flu in Mexico several years back and your pics bring back some great memories. Thanks again!

Thanks for the great pictures. We are cruising from Vancouver to Anchorage and back in August. My husband's first cruise. He's not sure cruising is for him, bur he's hopeful. He doesn't want to dress up too much. I told him on formal nights we can eat elsewhere. He is bringing a tie and nice shirts though. How formal does formal night get? You captured our favorite city, San Francisco, beautifully.

Thanks for the great pictures. We are cruising from Vancouver to Anchorage and back in August. My husband's first cruise. He's not sure cruising is for him, bur he's hopeful. He doesn't want to dress up too much. I told him on formal nights we can eat elsewhere. He is bringing a tie and nice shirts though. How formal does formal night get? You captured our favorite city, San Francisco, beautifully.

I just wore a suite and tie - and I don't like dressing up either.

Edited by Cuizer2

Thanks so much for posting the wonderful pictures! I am going on Sapphire for an Alaskan cruise shortly, and having these pictures available to share with the friends has been great. A nice way to show them what the ship is like!

I know that we need to place our pictures on a third-party service in order to share them here. Can you tell us which service you use?

Thanks.....

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks so much for posting the wonderful pictures! I am going on Sapphire for an Alaskan cruise shortly, and having these pictures available to share with the friends has been great. A nice way to show them what the ship is like!

I know that we need to place our pictures on a third-party service in order to share them here. Can you tell us which service you use?

Thanks.....

Sorry about the late reply, I've been a little busy. These pictures are from Photobucket. However, I also use Webshots. It is easier to post from Photobucket (in my opinion).

Edited by Cuizer2

• 3 weeks later...

Fabulous review. We sailed the Sapphire last year for the Coastal and LOVED her. My fave ship! Great size/passenger mix. This was pre-upgrade so now with MUTS I am interested in seeing how the dynamics have changed.

Regarding the Sanctuary, can you tell me if it's comfortable to sit there when the ship is moving? Do you have to pay? Are the views nice? I am trying to decide if it's worth getting a pass for the day we are at sea...

Thanks, Katherine

Edited by kath00

Fabulous review. We sailed the Sapphire last year for the Coastal and LOVED her. My fave ship! Great size/passenger mix. This was pre-upgrade so now with MUTS I am interested in seeing how the dynamics have changed.

Regarding the Sanctuary, can you tell me if it's comfortable to sit there when the ship is moving? Do you have to pay? Are the views nice? I am trying to decide if it's worth getting a pass for the day we are at sea...

Thanks, Katherine

I didn't use the Sanctuary and yes, it costs extra.

Loved, loved, loved your pictures and review!!! I especially loved the shot of the sea lions napping on the buoy - just like puppies curled up together. Fabulous shots of the ship. Don't know if I personally would sacrifice my sleep that way. But the shots are really beautiful!

BTW, I believe the two birds in post #53 are roseate spoonbills, but I'm no expert.

Yes, they're roseate spoonbills. We're lucky enough to have them pass through our development (in Central Florida) a couple times a year. LOVED all the photos & review! The Sapphire's one of our favorite ships - we sailed it from Sydney to LA in 2010. Thanks for the memories!

Great review! Brought back some fantastic memories, as we did this exact cruise last fall aboard the Sapphire.

Your shots are fantastic... my wife and I both shoot with Nikon DSLRs, and we have learned a few things from your shots. Although I'm not sure about prowling the ship at 4AM. ;) (Incidentally, I got a wireless remote for my camera... it was less than 20 bucks... love it for night photography)

We're sailing aboard the Sapphire again next May, going from L.A. to Vancouver. We're just dying to see her after the refurb. How was the International Cafe??? Did you partake at all?

Thanks for the pics and review! :)

Great review! Brought back some fantastic memories, as we did this exact cruise last fall aboard the Sapphire.

Your shots are fantastic... my wife and I both shoot with Nikon DSLRs, and we have learned a few things from your shots. Although I'm not sure about prowling the ship at 4AM. ;) (Incidentally, I got a wireless remote for my camera... it was less than 20 bucks... love it for night photography)

We're sailing aboard the Sapphire again next May, going from L.A. to Vancouver. We're just dying to see her after the refurb. How was the International Cafe??? Did you partake at all?

I saw a wireless remote for $19 plus change. Thought about it. In the end, I decided that even for that little, I don't use it enough to warrant buying it. In fact, I can't think of another time I brought a tripod or a mono pod with me (I have both). It is just not something I care to pack. In this case it was a drive to port and I took the tripod on and off as a carry-on/off.

As I recall I sat near the International Cafe when waiting for a dinner table, but other than that don't really recall much about it.

I also wanted to say thanks again for the great pictures! Seeing them in advance was great, since we had an idea of what to expect, and now having just returned from Alaska aboard the Sapphire, we have great memories to look back on!

Canadianknight.... The International Cafe is great! They have some wonderful desserts (including a very nice mousse in small cup). Also, If you are running late for a morning activity, then consider picking up a cup of coffee and warm harm and chees sandwich there as an alternative to the Horizon Court.

Another hint; the Pizza restaurant is on the same deck, just across the Atrium. After you finish your pizza, walk over and grab a dessert, and bring it back to the pizza restaurant as a nice finish up to your meal.

7967838258_c00b8d9055_b.jpg

• 6 months later...