LAFFNVEGAS LIVE from Zuiderdam first week to Alaska

LAFFNVEGAS

Reporting from our cabin. GREAT Lido lunch Henkel and bread pudding. And an interesting lasagna for me.Tom is unpacking since his luggage arrived. I unpacked the small suit case. Now hopefully mine will arrive soon

We did get an invitation to a Collectors Voyage lunch for Thursday that is an Indonesian Lunch.

So far the ship looks good. Our cabin furniture looks fairly new. No torn chairs A/C is blowing cold and toilet flushed quickly. The table on the balcony needs a bit of care but we are heading to Alaska so not a big deal.

Tonite 's entertainment is Paul. Fedele who is a comedian.

I will give you the full report later tonite. It does look like the full ship will do Life Boat Drill.

Signing off from the Beautiful and Elegant MS Zuiderdam

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Very anxious to hear your report as I am booked for August in an SY cabin. I was getting nervous about some of the comments of this ship instead of getting excited with anticipation.

And another Alaska season is underway. Where does the time go? Thanks so much for posting Lisa. Curious to hear the scoop. I've had nothing but great experiences on the the Zuiderdam. Enjoy your B2B!!

A correction to my earlier post. Only those embarking today needed to attend the life boat drill.

Now off to our little sail away party up in the Crows Nest :)

Signing off from the Beautiful and Elegant MS Zuiderdam.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Watching you leave now:

http://www.sundiegolive.com/

David

Ha, ha, you beat me to this. I'm watching also, although I can't tell which ship is which, I'm watching both Z & W leave! (EDIT: I forgot I could check Marinetraffic.com and see....Westie left before Z!)

Have a wonderful cruise! Looking forward to your postings.

:)

Look at you, Miss Popularity! This post began less than 12 hrs ago and already you have nearly a thousand views. We're all looking forward to your reports and wish you the heartiest BON VOYAGE ! ! !

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Lisa:

I will be interested to hear your reports on the Zuiderdam. I know you will speak objectively. As you know the ship has gotten some "bad ink" on this page but I know you will give the unadulrerated facts on this page.

Lisa:

I will be interested to hear your reports on the Zuiderdam. I know you will speak objectively. As you know the ship has gotten some "bad ink" on this page but I know you will give the unadulterated facts on this page.

It seems you're implying that the other posters (there are now several) are not reporting what they experienced truthfully. I wonder how many posters it takes for people to accept that there may be a problem.

Posting a complaint without a specific cabin number is not helpful to solving the problem. Just saying that 'I had a issue and I'm never sailing again on X, Y or Z cruise line' has little merit.

David

Posting a complaint without a specific cabin number is not helpful to solving the problem. Just saying that 'I had a issue and I'm never sailing again on X, Y or Z cruise line' has little merit.

David

What problem will posting the cabin number "solve"?

It seems you're implying that the other posters (there are now several) are not reporting what they experienced truthfully. I wonder how many posters it takes for people to accept that there may be a problem.

I accept their may be a problem. I also know that this particular ship has been attacked since it came on line in early 2003. It is the first Vista Class ship. Now I have travelled on this ship beginning in June 2003 for fourteen days and I have subsequently sailed on her and have heard many negative things on this ship but I have never personally experienced them. This is why I said what I said. I hope you were not offended by my first comment.

Why not post the cabin number? If you had a serious problem, wouldn't it behoove us all to do so?

David

What difference does the cabin number make? It won't change the situation. It won't prevent it from happening again. And if the problem has been solved it would just cause undue anxiety for a future cruiser. I just don't see where it helps.

What is "it"......you sound like Bill Clinton.

David

What difference does the cabin number make? The cabin number won't change the situation. The cabin number won't prevent problems from happening again. And if the problem has been solved posting the cabin number would just cause undue anxiety for a future cruiser. I just don't see where the cabin number helps.

Better?:rolleyes:

Archived