Poll: Tubs in js

If JSs were refitted with LARGE walk-in showers rather than tubs, would you book?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. If JSs were refitted with LARGE walk-in showers rather than tubs, would you book?

• Yes, I would stop selecting JSs if no tub.
    • No, I'd love to have a BIG walk-in shower instead.
    • Put a tub just in JSs that sleep more than 2.
    • Put a tub in just a few JSs.

A poll for the folks who usually cruise JS please!

If that "mile high" tub was replaced with a good sized walk-in shower (NOT the silver tube!) would you still cruise JSs?

The older I get the higher that infernal tub seems to be.

We book a JS for the size of the room, not the tub. That said, we've only been in one cabin that wasn't a JS or GS and it was a balcony. We HATED the tube shower. No room to move, and it leaked. I also had a heck of a time trying to shave my legs. Fortunately it was only a 5 night to Bermuda.

A poll for the folks who usually cruise JS please!

If that "mile high" tub was replaced with a good sized walk-in shower (NOT the silver tube!) would you still cruise JSs?

The older I get the higher that infernal tub seems to be.

I thought you were going in a different direction with the "mile high" quote :eek: Think club :eek:

Sorry not using a strange tub or a cruise ship or public hot tub.....maybe just me. But yuk!

The only way to take a shower is to get into the tub. That's what most people are referring to. It's a tub/shower combo.

I started this poll just being curious if there were others like me. I really like the extra room and minor amenities of the JS (and no, I don't need the double points anymore) but I'm getting to that point in life where I have a real physical challenge scaling that "mile high" tub safely.

I know that some folks are "tub" people - but my sense is that there are many more shower folks than tub folks out there that book JSs.

I could easily forgo the tub, I am 6ft and my knuckles hit the ceiling when I wash my hair. And like said above the sides are so high its a hazard getting in and out on calm sea days. You take your life in your hands on rough days.

I'd like the large walk in shower too! Yep, so much better for shaving than the tubes. :p. Plus, I'm so short, stepping out of the tub is a challenge, it's always lower than I think, and one of these days I'm going to slip and it won't be a pretty sight! :eek:

Don't take my JS tub away :(...Just one of the many reasons I "only" book JS's and higher...;):)

One of the options was to include them - just not in EVERY JS.

I'm sure you book well in advance - you could pick a tub JS if they changed to just "some" with tubs.

IMHO - tubs should be the exception - not the rule.

It's very nice to have a tub when cruising with very little ones but aside from that, I could care less about the tub. And since they have a hand-held, an option could be to provide those kiddie tubbies upon request that could be filled with the hand-held. (Which could actually be done in any cabin category.)

It's very nice to have a tub when cruising with very little ones but aside from that, I could care less about the tub. And since they have a hand-held, an option could be to provide those kiddie tubbies upon request that could be filled with the hand-held. (Which could actually be done in any cabin category.)

One of the poll options was tub in JS that accomodated 2 or more - looks like your option.

IMHO - tubs should be the exception - not the rule.

I would love to have a walk-in shower instead of the high tub. Other than that, the JS is perfect. I'm tall and find it precarious, and wonder how shorter (and older) JS occupants handle it. Anyone else feel that the website/brochure could state the height for those unaware when booking a JS?

Those JS tubs are hazardous to your health :D

They need a warning sign, "Do not drink and tub!"

This was hubby's "night out with the boys" several cruises ago. He came back to the room in this condition:rolleyes:

As he rarely ever drinks and in the almost 20 years we have been married this was the second time I had seen him this drunk... so I didn't get too mad and instead pulled out the camera :D He stopped me at trying to get it blown up poster size though lolol

7174637604_a0e2e816fe.jpg

Archived