Celebrity Website....Just shoot me now!

Tricia724

Today I couldn't get on My Celebrity page. Error message said to call Captain's Club. Problem: My birthday as listed with Celebrity was wrong and therefore I could not logon.. It has been my listed birthday for many years with Celebrity and my birthday even prior to registering with Celebrity. Oh, the wonderful world of technology,

It is unbelievable that Celebrity cannot get a website to work properly. When we booked our cruise, it had our status as being on hold for almost 2 months. I kept bothering my TA to ensure that we were booked. I, like many others, do almost everything on line so it is very frustrating to deal with this sight. As this will be our first cruise with Celebritym I am hoping that nothing goes wrong with our edocs and luggage tags.

Host Andy -- can any of your many "insider" connections shed some light on what's going on (this time) with the X website? If anyone can get answers and results, it's you! ;):D

Hi Wwcruisers,

Thanks for your vote of confidence. I will ask. Should I have anything to advise, I will post on this thread.

I see why everyone is complaining. Trying to get into their Site for our up coming cruise and takes forever or times out. This is our first CelebrityCruise and so far not impressed with their site. We are platinum on Princess and their site is so much easier to use. Wish they would look into what everyone is saying.

Is there a way on My Celebrity to get my upcoming cruises to show a breakdown of my invoice deposit, OBC, taxes, and other costs? It only shows my reservation number and the remaining balance. I had booked a B2B with a Celebrity Travel Planner and have to call every time to get my invoices emailed with any changes. Is this so they can upsell dining and beverage packages? I started another thread about how Celebrity can't keep my Captain Club # correct. Also, since they changed their website I can no longer see where cabins are on the pop up diagram when I try to book a cruise so I have to go back and forth to the main deck plans. I do agree they have a horrible IT dept. It gives the impression they don't care about their customers because other sites are much more user friendly.

I see why everyone is complaining. Trying to get into their Site for our up coming cruise and takes forever or times out. This is our first CelebrityCruise and so far not impressed with their site. We are platinum on Princess and their site is so much easier to use. Wish they would look into what everyone is saying.

I agree...we are also Platinum on Princess and their website works great. It can be done but Celebrity doesn't seem to care. I haven't decided yet if this will be a dealbreaker for us cruising with Celebrity again.

• 1 month later...

Please help me before i go stark raving mad.....i am trying to update My Profile on the Celebrity website but a message says no booked cruises, add cruise....ok, i add my cruise information...but, oh no, that is already linked to another account....so....i try to find the "other" account but it is not to be because each time i open up My Profile...... youve guessed it!......there ar no bookrd cruises, etc., etc., etc., so......i sign on for a Live Chat....but no live chat after several mins..... This has been ongoing, i booked in March! Once i wrote and asked for my sign in info and got the one that has no cruises in it.

Help...

In the reservation section ,when you enter a cabin # to see if it is available,nothing happens.This has to affect potential bookings.Notified Celebrity,No response.

This problem has been ongoing since you posted almost two months ago!! Celebrity... PLEASE fix your most attractive *looking* site to actually work again!!

Please help me before i go stark raving mad.....i am trying to update My Profile on the Celebrity website but a message says no booked cruises, add cruise....ok, i add my cruise information...but, oh no, that is already linked to another account....so....i try to find the "other" account but it is not to be because each time i open up My Profile...... youve guessed it!......there ar no bookrd cruises, etc., etc., etc., so......i sign on for a Live Chat....but no live chat after several mins..... This has been ongoing, i booked in March! Once i wrote and asked for my sign in info and got the one that has no cruises in it.

Help...

Sorry to say that I'm afraid the only "Help" you can hope to get is if and when =X= decides to put a priority on fixing their website to work again!:(

Help...

I have the same problem currently and had it once before. Some cruises randomly just won't show up in your My Celebrity account and cannot be added because they are allegedly linked to another account, whatever the hell that means. I think it just means we ain't gonna put this cruise in your My Celebrity account, so get over it. There isn't a fix that I've discovered; however there are workarounds. The last time this happened to me was a few years ago, so Celebrity clearly doesn't give a rip about this problem. Therefore, I just let it go and get on with my life.

If the cruise experience were as bad as the website experience, I clearly would have moved to another cruiseline long ago. However, the cruise experience is still good, so I choose to ignore the dudes in Miami and their inane website.

The best thing about the website for my cruises is that for my Eclipse 2013 sailing, under My Celebrity it gives me one itinerary and under the cruise search, a different one!!! I have no clue which is accurate, so booking excursions is a little rough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They continue to keep patching and patching it, but that website is so badly mangled that every time they fix one thing, it screws up something else.

The best thing to do would be to hire competent people to design an entirely new website from scratch and test it thoroughly before implementing it.

Next time put the priority on function and useability instead of artistic attractiveness.

Let the people here on Cruise Critic beta test the new system for you for a few months. There are probably plenty of us on here who would be happy to do so.

Give us our own new "My Celebrity" accounts, to be set up just for this purpose. Let us do everything on the test system, right through making mock bookings and changes and cancellations.

It would not impact the "real" system with the true accounts or bookings at all.

That way you would be getting advance feedback not only on the problem areas, but also on which features your customers like and dislike and find easy or difficult to use.

It is always so much better to get most of the kinks out of a system before it goes live instead of continuously attempting to correct the errors and omissions afterwards, the way that Celebrity does.

Amen to that!!!Sadly enough it seems that X can't figure that out themselves...:eek:

I was trying to look at excursions as well for my cruise in February next year, and I finally contacted Celebrity to ask why I couldn't download the PDF. I was told that it's not available to download until you're less than 6 months away from the cruise date. So if you're a year away, you have some time to wait... ;)

Concerning my cruise, we shall see if I was given accurate info in about a month.

I was trying to look at excursions as well for my cruise in February next year, and I finally contacted Celebrity to ask why I couldn't download the PDF. I was told that it's not available to download until you're less than 6 months away from the cruise date. So if you're a year away, you have some time to wait... ;)

Concerning my cruise, we shall see if I was given accurate info in about a month.

Several of us on a Panama Canal cruise in November have been having a problem downloading the brochure..if you just click on the link you get a white box and nothing else. Some one found out you need to right click the link and then you can get the pdf. I tried right clicking the link on a cruise we have booked for next March and you do get a message telling you that the brochure will not be available until closer to sailing.

We've reviewed your posts about getting non-matching shore excursion information when you have more than one current booking. Our team is investigating this issue now, to find the best way to ensure this is working properly for everyone as soon as possible. We'll reply here when it is confirmed to be fixed, or to let you know you when to expect it. Thanks for your support and patience.
Well we are all still waiting!:rolleyes:

Celebrity's website works smoother than at the begiinning of the year when we booked our next cruise, but still has long ways to go. Even the colors are drab and the maps are difficult to read. We started cruising with Princess and were accustomed to a farh better website. Celebrity IT and Senior Management should be embarassed. And what is with the iinability to download a Shore Excursion brochure?:confused:

Here's another type of error. On the website page to see what cruise is available my 26 Jan cruise shows as starting on the 25 Th now. I know not to panicky but others might change flights etc. My Cruises shows that it is still the 26 Th for start date.

There is one thing I have not been able to do in months and months....

Lets say I am doing a dummy booking and I want to put in a certain

cabin number?.......I put the number in and hit search and NOTHING

happens:eek::rolleyes::confused:....it used to tell you if cabins are available or not....

now? You cannot even check on a cabin.....anyone else have

this problem?

I use another website;)

So Do I. I still would like to be able to check on the X website if

I want though. It seems (for me anyway) to be impossible.

So Do I. I still would like to be able to check on the X website if

I want though. It seems (for me anyway) to be impossible.

It is impossible. Several have reported the problem for weeks to Celebrity and on forums but nothing has happened. Ridiculous.

There is one thing I have not been able to do in months and months....

Lets say I am doing a dummy booking and I want to put in a certain

cabin number?.......I put the number in and hit search and NOTHING

happens:eek::rolleyes::confused:....it used to tell you if cabins are available or not....

now? You cannot even check on a cabin.....anyone else have

this problem?

Hi Lois,

It's been that way for a while now.

Archived