Reserved Pool Seating

Pickels

Is there reserved pool seating for suite guests? We've sailed on the Star before but can't recall. Thanks.

I have never heard of such a thing, but with NCL making frequent changes, I suppose anything is possible. But I highly doubt it.

You have to get up at 5am to get a chair - just like everyone else. :D just kidding ....

I have no issue with people getting up at 5am for a chair, as long as they SIT IN IT and don't just claim it with a book or towel and go back to bed. :)

I have no issue with people getting up at 5am for a chair, as long as they SIT IN IT and don't just claim it with a book or towel and go back to bed. :)

There is no "claiming it" using a book or towel and not being there. If nobody's butt is in it after 30 minutes, I'll pick the "lost items", fold the towel and place the book on it next to the chair. If someone (eventually) shows up wondering "why is my stuff on the floor", my response would be that it was there before I sat down. And that WOULD be accurate as I will have sat down AFTER removing the stuff. Granted, it would probably be only a few minutes after, but technically the response is still valid, right?

Read this today, interesting. This the original thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1637155

Originally Posted by RIPTSER viewpost.gif

JCruisepal,

Just got off the Jade in early May from Venice.

Great ship and great staff (Mario and Pryce) at the

pool bars, and of course Eleya (washy washy) at the

entrance to the buffet will impress you. The cruise

director (Gary Glading) will blow your mind. He speaks

8 languages. I budgeted to eat upscale every night, but

never needed to as the buffet and the 24 hour Blue Lagoon

sufficed my needs. I booked a balcony, but being alone, I

thought it a waste as the inner cabins looked very nice.

Unless you are a couple seeking special time alone, save

the money. My cabin steward (Paciano) was outstanding.

My room would be cleaned within minutes of checking my

watch outside the stateroom. Couple of inputs....

Avoid the extra cost gotchas, especially the internet!!!!

Drinks can be pricey, but similar to what you would see in any

large city.

I traveled in early May with only 9 teenagers on board. This

might be an issue for you during your trip with school out.

Lounge chairs ARE available, but they "tag" them with a time

stamped sticker to clear your belongings after 30 minutes of

vacancy. My way around this was to simply bribe the attendent

5 Euros, and I had a chair by the bar (and Mario) the entire week :-)!

Avoid Athens at all costs! It is Detroit with more graffiti!

Do get to know (personally) all the staff that serves you. I found

that this can go a long way. For me, it was Paciano, Mario, Pryce,

Eleya, Jaime, Bambang (yes, I am not kidding), Oka, and any many

others. You will meet them all I am sure!

Have a great cruise on the Jade, and be safe.

Tell them "RichieRich" said hello! They may remember.

Best,

Rich

cheers...the Ump...:D

Read this today, interesting. This the original thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1637155

Originally Posted by RIPTSER viewpost.gif

JCruisepal,

Just got off the Jade in early May from Venice.

Great ship and great staff (Mario and Pryce) at the

pool bars, and of course Eleya (washy washy) at the

entrance to the buffet will impress you. The cruise

director (Gary Glading) will blow your mind. He speaks

8 languages. I budgeted to eat upscale every night, but

never needed to as the buffet and the 24 hour Blue Lagoon

sufficed my needs. I booked a balcony, but being alone, I

thought it a waste as the inner cabins looked very nice.

Unless you are a couple seeking special time alone, save

the money. My cabin steward (Paciano) was outstanding.

My room would be cleaned within minutes of checking my

watch outside the stateroom. Couple of inputs....

Avoid the extra cost gotchas, especially the internet!!!!

Drinks can be pricey, but similar to what you would see in any

large city.

I traveled in early May with only 9 teenagers on board. This

might be an issue for you during your trip with school out.

Lounge chairs ARE available, but they "tag" them with a time

stamped sticker to clear your belongings after 30 minutes of

vacancy. My way around this was to simply bribe the attendent

5 Euros, and I had a chair by the bar (and Mario) the entire week :-)!

Avoid Athens at all costs! It is Detroit with more graffiti!

Do get to know (personally) all the staff that serves you. I found

that this can go a long way. For me, it was Paciano, Mario, Pryce,

Eleya, Jaime, Bambang (yes, I am not kidding), Oka, and any many

others. You will meet them all I am sure!

Have a great cruise on the Jade, and be safe.

Tell them "RichieRich" said hello! They may remember.

Best,

Rich

cheers...the Ump...:D

Wow...I like the tagging. Can anyone verify this? Who is tagging chairs? :D

Is there reserved pool seating for suite guests? We've sailed on the Star before but can't recall. Thanks.

No reserved seating but it's probably easier to find a crewmember who is willing to remove the "forgotten" things on chairs if you are in a suite.

We had a spasuite on the Epic and walked over the pooldeck to get to the Epic Club for breakfast every day and saw lots of things on the chairs. Since we could use Posh or the Haven we never cared to have any things removed but I'm sure they should have helped us if we asked about it.

Wow...I like the tagging. Can anyone verify this? Who is tagging chairs? :D

We were on the Jade in March and one of the crew was going round the pool area marking sunbeds (with possessions but no people) with yellow stickers which, I believe, also had the time on it! I think that it's a brilliant idea and a very fair system. There is a note about this on the back page of the Daily. Small print bottom left handside in the Towel Section part.

Quote 'When chairs are not in use for a period of 30 minutes personal effects will be removed. I suppose it's really a question of having someone there to enforce it'

There is no "claiming it" using a book or towel and not being there. If nobody's butt is in it after 30 minutes, I'll pick the "lost items", fold the towel and place the book on it next to the chair. If someone (eventually) shows up wondering "why is my stuff on the floor", my response would be that it was there before I sat down. And that WOULD be accurate as I will have sat down AFTER removing the stuff. Granted, it would probably be only a few minutes after, but technically the response is still valid, right?

Love it !

We were on the Jade in March and one of the crew was going round the pool area marking sunbeds (with possessions but no people) with yellow stickers which, I believe, also had the time on it! I think that it's a brilliant idea and a very fair system. There is a note about this on the back page of the Daily. Small print bottom left handside in the Towel Section part.

Quote "When chairs are not in use for a period of 30 minutes personal effects will be removed." I suppose it's really a question of having someone there to enforce it!!

]

I like your style!!!;)

I have never heard of such a thing, but with NCL making frequent changes, I suppose anything is possible. But I highly doubt it.

My wife set me straight, it was on a RCI ship where they had reserved seating for suite guests by the pool. The terrace seating on the star looked like a reserved section. Thanks all, Happy cruising' !

I love it.

I am glad to see they are tagging chairs on The Jade. We sailed on The Jade last August and it was ridiculous how bad the chair hogs were. One person from a group would go up on deck bright and early in the morning and save a bunch of chairs ( up to 12 of them) with their towels and various items. Then they would go back to bed, have breakfast, play BINGO and so on.

My daughter and I learned we had to go sit on deck in the morning if we ever wanted a chair. We watched chairs sit with stuff on them and go unused for more than 3 or 4 hours at a time, while people who wanted to sit on deck couldn't find anything.

We have done both Mexican and Caribbean cruises on NCL prior and never had an issue finding a deck chair to sit out at any time. On The Jade it was impossible if you didn't get on deck before 9:00 am. I know I complained about it in my post cruise survey because it really was a ridiculous situation. We are back on The Jade 2 weeks from today and I hope the tagging is still in place, otherwise I am going to be moving people's items after 30 minutes to get my spot.

This would be an example ofa great perk choice for 250 latitude points. Wouldn't cost NCL a thing but would have value to the guest. I wish NCL would offer a list for Plat+ to choose from (250+), to include things over plat and different than suite perks. A few I can think of are:

1. Reserved deck chair

2. An allottment of internet minutes

3. Drink card for a number of mixed drinks, expresso drinks, etc.

4. Private behind the scene's tour with special touches

5. Dinner at chef's table

6. Free bingo voucher ($75?)

Just a few ideas. I would prefer to an atlas.

Also, glad to hear of the stcker system. Sounds like NCL is trying.

I was on the Star last week and there were a lot of chair hoggings :( Feels like a NY thing because I was the Star in January leaving from FL and didn't experience anything like this

Actually we have always found the Europeans to be the chair hoggers- not a " New York" thing :)

This would be an example ofa great perk choice for 250 latitude points. Wouldn't cost NCL a thing but would have value to the guest. I wish NCL would offer a list for Plat+ to choose from (250+), to include things over plat and different than suite perks. A few I can think of are:

1. Reserved deck chair

2. An allottment of internet minutes

3. Drink card for a number of mixed drinks, expresso drinks, etc.

4. Private behind the scene's tour with special touches

5. Dinner at chef's table

6. Free bingo voucher ($75?)

Just a few ideas. I would prefer to an atlas.

also, glad to hear of the stcker system. Sounds like NCL is trying.

Yes, love your list of a gift ideas for a Platinum+ category at the 250 point level. we should all write to NCL for this add on. who needs an Atlas nowadays. we have Goodle for god's sake! lol

I have an idea. Why don't we get up at 5:15 am and move all the books & towels to another deck in an obscure place, then go back to bed. We can go back around 8am to see their faces? It could be like a scavenger hunt! :)

there is no "claiming it" using a book or towel and not being there. If nobody's butt is in it after 30 minutes, i'll pick the "lost items", fold the towel and place the book on it next to the chair. If someone (eventually) shows up wondering "why is my stuff on the floor", my response would be that it was there before i sat down. And that would be accurate as i will have sat down after removing the stuff. Granted, it would probably be only a few minutes after, but technically the response is still valid, right?

Excellent!

Archived