Even More Suite Perks

GoochDSA

I bet there was not (nor will there be) any "emergency notification" or even a note in the personalize important notices section informing those in suites of this change.

I can imagine the reaction when people check into their suites and discover the change.

Yep, and the awkward position the TA will be in if they advised it was one of the perks. caribill, thanks for asking someone currently on a cruise to check it out and see what is said. I got the usual auto-reply from my email to Princess stating 1-2 weeks to get a response from them. I may call today as suggested in their auto-reply email since it is a pre-cruise issue.

This isn't going to make me happy, I have five cruises booked and I spend a lot of time on our balcony and like my internet when I want to stay in touch with friends. For what we pay for the suites----------- it is not fair. My 28 day one will drive me nuts without the internet. GEE - it may be a mini from now on or NOT Princess!!.

WHy are they taking it away from us and not the elite and platinum perks?

We pay four times as much as some people in an inside. Maybe they should stop upgrading people to suites and offer them for a discount and that would bring in a little money. People always say "just got a great price drop" - We have NEVER gotten a price drop in any suite.

This just ruined my day.

Thanks for the "heads up". When we booked our suite internet was included. Wonder if they will honor that?

I heard no grandfathering of prior bookings. I would check quickly with my TA. Maybe Princess decided to eliminate it because too many folks were letting their friends use their free internet. Folks better be careful with the bringing of wine onboard before they stop or start to really enforce the limits on that too! :eek:

Stinks for me to. I was looking forward to free internet in March on the Sapphire. I've had that booking for over a year. Definetely a sneaky underhanded thing that Princess did. We're suppose to be satisified with a free dinner on a night we can't even choose? Thanks Princess:mad: I've always spoke very highly of the line, but now I'm not so sure I will anymore. The consummate host now appears to be the ultimate nickel and dimmer.......:(:(:(

Bob

If you do not receive "suite" perks in a mini suite, they should remove the word suite from the description. RCCL Jr. suites are not really considered suites as far as the perks, only Celebrity really consideres them suites......:):)

Perhaps the Suite Internet perk was being abused by those "loaning" their logon password to family & friends. Just like other perks, it they get abused, they go bye bye..

Maybe Princess will reconsider and change the Suite Internet perk to something like 20 hours per cabin for each 7 day segment. This in addition to the free Internet for Platinum members should be plenty..

I can see, because of the smartphone explosion and the inability of those users to function without staring at a 4 inch screen, the free internet hours being lowered in the future or done away with completely.

Wondering what internet perks the other cruise lines have?

I bet there was not (nor will there be) any "emergency notification" or even a note in the personalize important notices section informing those in suites of this change.

I can imagine the reaction when people check into their suites and discover the change.

Emergency notification on the loss of internet usage?? Please. :cool:

Perhaps the Suite Internet perk was being abused by those "loaning" their logon password to family & friends. Just like other perks, it they get abused, they go bye bye..

Maybe Princess will reconsider and change the Suite Internet perk to something like 20 hours per cabin for each 7 day segment. This in addition to the free Internet for Platinum members should be plenty..

I think you hit the nail on the head. ;)

Stinks for me to. I was looking forward to free internet in March on the Sapphire. I've had that booking for over a year. Definetely a sneaky underhanded thing that Princess did. We're suppose to be satisified with a free dinner on a night we can't even choose? Thanks Princess:mad: I've always spoke very highly of the line, but now I'm not so sure I will anymore. The consummate host now appears to be the ultimate nickel and dimmer.......:(:(:(

Bob

I also booked my March 2013 Star cruise 16 months ago. I think we all should start calling Princess. Why pick on us!!!!! I've never let anyone use my code. I may cancel my Royal one - wanted to see what the corner suites are like but for over $4000 a week - screw them if they won't give me internet. I also have three cruises this fall - got a month before final is due - may rethink them also.

I also agree that they should take suite out of the minis. So many new people really think they get the suite perks.

If and when they take away breakfast in Sabatinis for suite passengers, they will loose us as suite passengers!

You cannot abuse the breakfast perk as they check names at the door..

The internet is so slow they had to do something to stop the over usage. People who are addicted to the internet and sit on it all day probably made Princess rethink their policy. It seems to me they could give suites a set amount of time like they do for platinum and elites and thereby cut the usage people in suites had but still allow them time to check their email or flights. I think the dinner the first night at the specialty restaurant is fabulous and would look forward to it. I cruise to enjoy all the cruise has to offer and don't need much internet, like I said, just email and check my flights.

Definetely a sneaky underhanded thing that Princess did.

[/quote]

How is it underhanded, as you have at least six months to cancel without penalty?

Things change. Once upon a time, there was unlimited free internet for elite, too. I still see many posts about people taking short, cheap repositioning cruise so they can make it to elite.

Why should he have to cancel just because he has 6 months

It is sneaky and who cares once upon a time. He should be able

To enjoy the perks that princess offers or should I say did offer.

Also so what folks book a cheap repositioning cruise to get there

elite or platinum status. They are still spending money on a cruise.

Definetely a sneaky underhanded thing that Princess did.

[/quote]

How is it underhanded, as you have at least six months to cancel without penalty?

Things change. Once upon a time, there was unlimited free internet for elite, too. I still see many posts about people taking short, cheap repositioning cruise so they can make it to elite.

Who said anything about canceling:confused: I'm not going to cancel. I want to go on the cruise. I just a little po'd that they wont be honoring bookings made before the policy change. Especially when my cruise is paid off.....

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Why should he have to cancel just because he has 6 months

It is sneaky and who cares once upon a time. He should be able

To enjoy the perks that princess offers or should I say did offer.

Also so what folks book a cheap repositioning cruise to get there

elite or platinum status. They are still spending money on a cruise.

Thanks.......

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I understand why those that booked a suite are upset! I have never booked a suite,cannot afford it:p

I am however platnum and I do not see how taking the internet package away helps those that booked a suite!

Cancel your suite and book a balcony, that will hurt Princess not your innocent fellow cruisers.

With all the money you save you can pay for internt access :)

Reader

Since they've already taken away the unlimited internet for Elites in order to increase the speed this only takes is one step further which I'm sure was also abused.

Yes but they gave Elite free minutes. It sounds like they just took them away and aren't giving suites any minutes. That is not right. Maybe someone one in a suite right now can fill us in more. I e-mailed my TA but she is on the west coast so will have to wait a while to hear from her.

Cancel your suite and book a balcony, that will hurt Princess not your innocent fellow cruisers.

With all the money you save you can pay for internt access :)

Reader

that is true but I don't know if I could last a month in a balcony

but I may try it if this turns out to be true

Are they eliminating unlimited internet for suites? I am surprised they didn't do that when they limited elites to 500 minutes. Just as I became platinum they changed the game.

Maybe they will give free internet usage to the suites up to a max of 500, like elites.

I think bandwidth is more of a motive for the change. AT&T and some other lines have dropped unlimited to gain bandwidth.Plus, if Princess is adding bandwidth, their costs increase.

The cruise I was just on was experimenting with an internet upgrade and wanted to know how it was working. It was a lot better,pictures uploaded quicker, but I was using my laptop in my cabin which was midship. When I used the internet cafe to print my boarding pass, it was super busy and very slow.

My next cruise is in five days from now. I am booked in a suite. I have also made final payment on a cruise leaving in September also in a suite. We have been booking suites for years and have never loaned our password or logon to anyone. Nor have we abused any of the other suite perks like laundry. I just got off the phone with Princess Captains Circle and expressed my feeling that this is a real bait and switch tactic. For most other businesses, if you agree to purchase something under specific terms, those terms can't be changed once payment has been made. We will look elsewhere for future cruises if possible.

Archived