Even More Suite Perks

GoochDSA

More then half of the perks offered in the suites held no interest to us so we booked a mini. I wouldn't book a room based on perks (obviously since the mini has none), but would rather save the money and buy the "perks" that we would like & not the ones that Princess likes to give.

. His response was to tell me that a free dinner in the specialty restaurants on the initial day was a fair trade and I could choose not to book a suite for the next cruise.

We also get the free dinner with our AMEX-PLAT card so this perk does us no good since we can't use both the first night. We book them to relax in a nice size room, not for the perks. We use the internet and breakfast. Maybe a couple things sent to the laundry but I'm too fussy to send good things down.

This topic, as always with suites, is going to turn into a people booking suites vs non suite people thread. On roll calls, I hate to even mention I'm staying in a suite because of some of some of the remarks made.

More then half of the perks offered in the suites held no interest to us so we booked a mini. I wouldn't book a room based on perks (obviously since the mini has none), but would rather save the money and buy the "perks" that we would like & not the ones that Princess likes to give.

I agree 100%!

I also called and spoke with a Princess "Supervisor". I had to hold for an extended period of time. When the gentleman finally came on the phone he was cordial and listened to what my concerns were regarding those of us who booked suites and were promised free Internet and how Princess could have handled this differently. His response was to tell me that a free dinner in the specialty restaurants on the initial day was a fair trade and I could choose not to book a suite for the next cruise.

Okay now that was just rude!:rolleyes: What poor customer service skills he has!:(

Inasmuch as I am not thrilled with Princess making changes without some sort of notification to those that have already booked suites for future cruises, I have to say that I am overwhelmed by how many folks use the internet while on vacation! I am basically attached to my computer and/or Blackberry all day and many nights for work. One of my most guilty pleasures is waving 'bye-bye' to the electronics when I leave them sitting on the kitchen counter as I leave for the port. :) The only time I turn on my iPhone when cruising is if DH and I go seperate ways and I need to find out what bar he's at..lol..

Now...if they don't give me the slippers in November, I'll be very unhappy!!!! :eek:

Inasmuch as I am not thrilled with Princess making changes without some sort of notification to those that have already booked suites for future cruises, I have to say that I am overwhelmed by how many folks use the internet while on vacation! I am basically attached to my computer and/or Blackberry all day and many nights for work. One of my most guilty pleasures is waving 'bye-bye' to the electronics when I leave them sitting on the kitchen counter as I leave for the port. :) The only time I turn on my iPhone when cruising is if DH and I go seperate ways and I need to find out what bar he's at..lol..

Now...if they don't give me the slippers in November, I'll be very unhappy!!!! :eek:

To hel_ with the slippers man, bring me the peanut butter cookies or ye shall walk the plank with the scoundrel chef! ;)

Goodness! I don't think this was a very good thing that Princess has done. I don't book suites and don't anticipate booking any in the near future but I still feel they have handled this poorly.

Just got off the phone with a Princess Supervisor. They've received a large number of calls on this issue from a lot of unhappy people who had booked a suite with the benefit available and now suddenly missing. Due to the number of calls received the issue has been escalated to upper management for review. Didn't go into details about what that might mean as far a reinstatement, grandfathering or modifications made to the benefit but she advised that she would get back to me so I'll give it some time and will let you know when I get a response. On a more positive note the Supervisor handled my call professionally, was empathetic, and didn't get defensive.

I hope they really take this serious. I don't book suites but I would imagine suite passengers account for alot of money for Princess.

With about 26 suites on a ship like the Emerald, this eliminates the free benefit for about 52 people on a ship with 3080 lower berth capacity plus over 1000 crew members.

I am skeptical that eliminating this for 52 people will greatly help with the system capacity limitations.

I agree.

I also called and spoke with a Princess "Supervisor". I had to hold for an extended period of time. When the gentleman finally came on the phone he was cordial and listened to what my concerns were regarding those of us who booked suites and were promised free Internet and how Princess could have handled this differently. His response was to tell me that a free dinner in the specialty restaurants on the initial day was a fair trade and I could choose not to book a suite for the next cruise.

Goodness. That was a rude response.

Bob and Ann, I would be as upset as you are. If you booked cruises and paid for them in full with the understanding that internet access was free to you, that is what you should get. Princess should make this policy effective with those who have not paid in full and they should also make sure that those with reservations know of this policy before final payment is due.

I am a Princess cheerleader, of sorts, but it does seem like over the last year Princess has made some significant changes that might sway some to other cruiselines.

I did like reading from one poster that the Elite and Platinum internet benefits might not change. I don't get on the internet much while I'm cruising but I do check my email daily only to look for emails from my friends that typically watch my cat while I'm on vacation. I don't think about much of anything about my "land life" while I'm on vacation. But, I do want to make sure my little darling is ok and happy while I cruise.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

As of today, the following still appears on the Princess website:

"Mini-suites include a welcome glass of champagne, two televisions, a sitting area and a spacious closet, while full suites offer all of these premiums plus amenities such as a DVD/CD player and free access to a DVD library. Full suite passengers also enjoy complimentary web access in the Internet Café and via wi-fi, laundry and dry cleaning, use of the Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite (on select ships), one-time free mini-bar setup and use of our Disembarkation Lounge."

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp

You think they'd update their own website?

Seems to me that if it was posted on their web site they should honor it.

It is changed in one location but not the other. I bet by Monday if Princess is reading this, it will be changed in this location.

As of today, the following still appears on the Princess website:

"Mini-suites include a welcome glass of champagne, two televisions, a sitting area and a spacious closet, while full suites offer all of these premiums plus amenities such as a DVD/CD player and free access to a DVD library. Full suite passengers also enjoy complimentary web access in the Internet Café and via wi-fi, laundry and dry cleaning, use of the Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite (on select ships), one-time free mini-bar setup and use of our Disembarkation Lounge."

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp

You think they'd update their own website?

I just checked the link and it doesn't say free internet packages.

I just checked the link and it doesn't say free internet packages.

Just checked. Look under Stateroom Amenities

Mini-suites include a welcome glass of champagne, two televisions, a sitting area and a spacious closet, while full suites offer all of these premiums plus amenities such as a DVD/CD player and free access to a DVD library. Full suite passengers also enjoy complimentary web access in the Internet Café and via wi-fi, laundry and dry cleaning, use of the Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite (on select ships), one-time free mini-bar setup and use of our Disembarkation Lounge.

I am really upset about the discontinuing of free internet for suites. One of the things that made my recent booking of a suite a bit more palatable was the fact that we would not have to pay for internet, as we are fairly heavy users of internet and not yet Platinum or Elite. This realy ticks me off.

This is my first princess cruise and one of the reasons I booked a suite was for the internet. My DH doesn't really like cruising and once of the things that tempted him was the free internet. I don't use it that much but I do have to stay somewhat in touch with my office. Not happy about this.

Definetely a sneaky underhanded thing that Princess did.

[/quote]

How is it underhanded, as you have at least six months to cancel without penalty?

Things change. Once upon a time, there was unlimited free internet for elite, too. I still see many posts about people taking short, cheap repositioning cruise so they can make it to elite.

It is underhanded because if it wasn't for this thread passengers who booked suites well in advance of the change wounldn't even be aware of the change until they boarded. This cut was just handled poorly. It's a sleazy bait and switch situation.

It is underhanded because if it wasn't for this thread passengers who booked suites well in advance of the change wounldn't even be aware of the change until they boarded. This cut was just handled poorly. It's a sleazy bait and switch situation.

And if you didn't know ahead of time, you wouldn't get the bonus minutes for prepurchasing, correct?

And if you didn't know ahead of time, you wouldn't get the bonus minutes for prepurchasing, correct?

That is posted on the website under communication at sea and if you don't research it's your own fault, plus they offer bonus minutes on the embarkation day. The point is if you booked the cruise before the change with the understanding that you would receive certain perks they should honor those bookings. At the very least they should be contacting those who booked before the change to inform them and give them the option of changing their booking to a lower category.

That is posted on the website under communication at sea and if you don't research it's your own fault, plus they offer bonus minutes on the embarkation day. The point is if you booked the cruise before the change with the understanding that you would receive certain perks they should honor those bookings. At the very least they should be contacting those who booked before the change to inform them and give them the option of changing their booking to a lower category.

On a serious note, Princess should honor the amenities listed prior to the change. But at least they aren't talking about taking away the soft serve or pizza.

I researched it, but since I'm in a suite, didn't worry too much about it till now. Are the bonus minutes on embarkation day the same as prepurchasing? We leave in a week, so I need to make a decision soon.

Thanks.

I researched it, but since I'm in a suite, didn't worry too much about it till now. Are the bonus minutes on embarkation day the same as prepurchasing? We leave in a week, so I need to make a decision soon.

Thanks.

You get more bonus minutes if you pre purchase than on embarkation day. If I remember correctly its 10 additional bonus minutes on the least expensive package. I don't know if it's increased of you purchase larger packages. The way things seem to be going I would pre purchase because they charge your credit card immediately and email you a confirmation. You never know when they will cut the bonus minutes. They may stop offering them on embarkation day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princess has an ever expanding population of past passengers that are Platinum or Elite and thus receiving free minute packages. Is that benefit now at risk as well?

Since I'm set to turn Platinum on the the second half of my b2b in October, I sure hope we still get some complimentary Internet minutes. That's my biggest expense when I sail! I don't really give a darn about the other percs.

I also hope that giving Suite passengers priority on booking the UST doesn't mean that those of us who aren't suite passengers will be foreclosed from taking it. That's something I'm looking forward to, and have saved for.

Archived