Button Pushers and Rail Riders

kingsgirl

Rail Riders and Button Pushers - What should we do with them?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Rail Riders and Button Pushers - What should we do with them?

• High five them both and have a chuckle - it's a vacation!
    • Pretend to high five them then kick them in the gut.
    • Report to ship police for immediate punishment.
    • Push them overboard - it's just easier that way.

Botton pushers are annoying but really don't bother me. No harm but few minutes extra. It's when kids want to pull panks in the elevators that is upsetting . For example .

One cruise as the elevator doors opened, there were 3 boys having a card along with 3 chairs and a table in the elevator. Did no one see the boys removing these items from a near by lounge and placing them on the elevator ??????

Needless to say this was reported immediately. Understand that the families were all placed on notice that if there was one more report of anything, they'd all be let off at the next port.

One cruise as the elevator doors opened, there were 3 boys having a card along with 3 chairs and a table in the elevator. Did no one see the boys removing these items from a near by lounge and placing them on the elevator ??????

quote]

While I think this is sooooooooo wrong, and agree that it should be stopped, there is small amount of humor in it to. It did take some imagination. Elevator furniture, who would have thought it....:cool:

However, cannot condone it so to the brig with them.:D

[

While I think this is sooooooooo wrong, and agree that it should be stopped, there is small amount of humor in it to. It did take some imagination. Elevator furniture, who would have thought it....:cool:

Oh certainly agree there is was some humor value. Had to hold back from busting out laughing when the doors opened otherwise it would have just encourage them to continue. It also shows quite imaginative thinking and a good talent for spatial relationships. Also they were polite as they invited those waiting for the elevator to join their card game. None the less it couldn't be condoned.

I would have left them with a little gift when I exited the elevator. Let's see how well they play cards with their hands or shirts pulled up over their faces. ;)

Button pushers don't bother me because I take the stairs. I've found that it frequently isn't kids pushing all the buttons. It's people getting on and off and every floor between where I get on and where I get off.

I find it incredibly frustrating; plus, taking the stairs burns off all (well, some of) those extra cruise calories.

I was once on an elevator from an upper floor (not on a cruise ship but in a building with a prominent staircase right in the middle of the building from the first to second floor (or second to first, if your going down)) to the ground floor when the elevator stopped on two. No one had pushed 2, so I knew someone was getting on to go down one flight -- when the stairs were right there! I couldn't imagine who could be so lazy. When the doors opened, there sat a man in a wheelchair. Boy, even though I hadn't actually said anything, I felt about two inches tall!

I thank God every time I huff and puff up the stairs.

Button pushers don't bother me because I take the stairs. I've found that it frequently isn't kids pushing all the buttons. It's people getting on and off and every floor between where I get on and where I get off.

I find it incredibly frustrating; plus, taking the stairs burns off all (well, some of) those extra cruise calories.

I was once on an elevator from an upper floor (not on a cruise ship but in a building with a prominent staircase right in the middle of the building from the first to second floor (or second to first, if your going down)) to the ground floor when the elevator stopped on two. No one had pushed 2, so I knew someone was getting on to go down one flight -- when the stairs were right there! I couldn't imagine who could be so lazy. Then to doors opened, and entered a man in a wheelchair. Boy, even though I hadn't actually said anything, I felt about two inches tall!

I thank God every time I huff and puff up the stairs.

Yes you do have something to be thankful for. Most tend to take it for granted. I know I used to.

As a close friend of mine says "I will gladly trade you my "good" parking space for your "good" legs.

Just a further note, it is not only a handicap that forces you to a wheel chair that limits your ability to climb up and down stairs. Believe me I know.

It isn't the button pushers or rail sliders that annoy me. It's the stairwell sitters (always, always always teenagers who roll their eyes when you say "excuse me, could I get by"), the buffet line cutter ("excuse me, I just need to get some butter" and a roll, and some salad, and an entree) and of course, the proverbial chair hogs at the pool.

OK, I told my DW that I would stop at 55 but if you guys are gonna' make a big deal out of it, I'll quit a few years earlier. Lord knows it will make her happy. :rolleyes:

Bwahaha!

Hey .. I am over 55 and I have not stopped yet .. although I do my rail sliding late at night when the stairways are empty :eek:

Bwahaha! You guys are epic. Gives me something to look forward to a few years from now.

My husband pushed my buttons one too many times and I divorced him.....:rolleyes::eek::D

Indeed! So funny.

Almost everytime I get on an elevator I push a button. I find if I don't the elevator won't move.

*snort!* Indeed, my friend.

OP, what "should" be done about them? is this something that truly bothers you or were you just making a fun poll? If it does really bother you, well then, I hope it's the worst thing that happens to you on a cruise. I pick my battles in this life, having survived and overcome many obstacles in the past - and button pushers are not something I spend my time worrying about. ;)

In 5 cruises I have been lucky enough never to have encountered button pushers or rail riders (and I realize that I have now officially jinxed my next cruise), but the stair sitters have definitely been a problem. We generally take the stairs for exercise purposes, and have often found them blocked by folks of all ages sitting and gabbing, resting, or whatever.:mad:

Maybe we can put the rail riders to good use by making them wear sanitizer devices on their backsides, thus disinfecting the railings on their way down.

Grab the button pushers finger and bend it backwards until it snaps.

Cold cock the rail riders so they fall over the other way.

Dont walk around the sitters, step over them, kind of like a hurtle on stairs. Accidentally kicking them in the head as you bring your foot over.

There is no reason we should have to breathe the same air with anyone we dont want to.

Or you can just get over it, and carry on with your fabulous vacation and let them be.

A young button pusher might be encouraged to stop their behavior by taking his picture. You wouldn’t have to go to the trouble of taking a good picture; there are enough mirrors to make the young perpetrator believe his picture has been taken.

Say something like….

“The Captain told me to get pictures of kids pushing buttons”.

I love this idea!

I would love to take the kid to the nearest bar, make him/her drink four cans of Coke or two large bottles of water, sit there until he has to "go" and them drag him to the elevator and make him stand there while I push all the buttons twice. He's standing there, miserable, trying not to pee his pants.

Either that or drag my ex with me after he's eaten a good bit of cabbage. After he lets one of his "rippers" out, everyone leaves the elevator. All I would say is "next time you push all the buttons, he's not gonna let you out of here for 5 minutes".

Why do you think People bring Duct tape?

Tape the little one to the elevator wall....let him.her ride the elevator for the rest of the day.

To all the PC folks out there....only kidding! No child abuse intended.

Hahaha! Love it!:D

As long as they don't start bringing their skateboards and try riding the rails with those, I don't pay attention to them.

We try to go on long cruises that have few children on them. :)

Why do you think People bring Duct tape?

Tape the little one to the elevator wall....let him.her ride the elevator for the rest of the day.

To all the PC folks out there....only kidding! No child abuse intended.

I knew there was a better use for my duct tape than fixing a broken suitcase!;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived